06 civic SI wheels on my accord (04) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2006, 03:00 AM   #1

06 civic SI wheels on my accord (04)

Has anyone put Civic SI 17" wheels on their Accord? Im finally between 2 types of Honda wheels for my car. Either the Accord 17" EX V6 9 spoke machine finished style (2006) or the 06 Civic SI painted 17" wheel. Im torn mainly because of the offset. The accord wheels are 55....the Civic wheels are 45. I would love a better offset than the 55, but dont know if the civics 45 are + or -. If they are like the TL's 45...the wheels will look awesome. Any info or pics would help lots. Thanks....Jason
jkeith72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 14th, 2006, 03:12 AM   #2
registered n00b

Send a message via AIM to sumptimwong
if the civic wheels have a bolt pattern of 5x114.3, they will fit. i believe they are. the offset is +45, just like the 3rd gen TL rims. keep in mind though that the TL rims sit further out than the civic wheels would, even though they have the same offset. the TL are much wider (17x8).

something else you should double check is that the centerbore of the civic wheel is the same as your car. if it is not, you may experience wheel vibration at any speed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- wong
sumptimwong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2006, 05:15 AM   #3

All Honda cars (not trucks) share the same center bore. Also the width of the wheel would not cause the wheel to stick out more, only the offset would cause that. The width of the wheel would go into the wheel well not outside of it. If 2 wheels share the same offset but one is 1 inch wider, that extra inch would be inside the wheel well not sticking out. I just picked up a 06 Si 2 days ago, I traded in my RSX for it.
6SpeedMaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 14th, 2006, 11:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedMaster
All Honda cars (not trucks) share the same center bore. Also the width of the wheel would not cause the wheel to stick out more, only the offset would cause that. The width of the wheel would go into the wheel well not outside of it. If 2 wheels share the same offset but one is 1 inch wider, that extra inch would be inside the wheel well not sticking out. I just picked up a 06 Si 2 days ago, I traded in my RSX for it.
Nice buy, those new CIvic SI's are awesome. So do you think the SI rims will be as flush as the TL wheels on the Accord? I vaguely understand the whole offset thing and know it does depend on the width of the wheel since offset is measured from the wheel centerline to the mounting face. Im just looking for a wheel that sits more flush than the stock 06 17" accord wheels. THANKS!!! Jason
Old January 14th, 2006, 12:43 PM   #5
oSCaR

have you looked at the 18" HFP Civic Si wheels?
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2006, 01:28 PM   #6

I havent seen them, but for my Accord....17's are the biggest I will go (ride quality,my accord already rattles enough). My intent is to buy some take-offs since they will look decent and you cant beat the deal including new tires. I might look at the SI wheels today since I can buy them at a local dealership for 600 with tires. The Accord 17's (EX V6 9 spoke) are 700 with tires....Im torn
Old January 14th, 2006, 02:15 PM   #7

The Si wheels will be more flush due to the fact that they are a lower offset. You wont be disapointed. I would do the Si wheels simply due to the fact no one has done it before.
6SpeedMaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2006, 03:01 PM   #8
7th Gen ACcord

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6_ccord_2k5
have you looked at the 18" HFP Civic Si wheels?
those look hotttttttt
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2006, 04:09 PM   #9

OK...verdict is in. I went to the dealership to look at the SI wheels. He made me an offer I couldnt refuse and even offered to mount them at the dealership. I was excited as they took off my nasty steel wheels and hub caps. they rested the new wheels on the studs while the tech helping the parts guy said "awwwwwww". I knew this couldnt be good. I walked over to where they were standing and they were looking at the wheel HITTING THE CALIPER!! How disappointing. They were gonna look sweet on my car too....
well, needless to say even the parts guy was disappointed cause they wanted to see how it would look too. I guess there is a silver lining....hes gonna get a set of the 06 Acccord V6 9 spoke 17" rims for the same price. So overall, my day wasnt a total loss, although now I have to wait a week or so while he orders some aftermarket wheels for an accord on the lot.
Old January 14th, 2006, 08:19 PM   #10

Referring to the 18" HFP wheels off the 06 civic si
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjdMb16a2six
those look hotttttttt
WORD. i want those SO bad, like those gunmetal-powdercoated TSX wheels somebody has. i can't find a pic online, but i saw it on the back of the second latest R&T SPEED magazine (the drifting one).
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2006, 01:13 PM   #11
oSCaR

oh man! so they dont fit! whack! so which wheels did you exactly get? did you look at the other civic si wheels? the "silverstars" 5 spoke gunmetal.

Igotvtec04 has those TSX's... iirc
edit: tsx wheels

Last edited by v6_ccord_2k5; January 15th, 2006 at 01:16 PM..
Old January 15th, 2006, 05:17 PM   #12
St. Louis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeith72
OK...verdict is in. I went to the dealership to look at the SI wheels. He made me an offer I couldnt refuse and even offered to mount them at the dealership. I was excited as they took off my nasty steel wheels and hub caps. they rested the new wheels on the studs while the tech helping the parts guy said "awwwwwww". I knew this couldnt be good. I walked over to where they were standing and they were looking at the wheel HITTING THE CALIPER!! How disappointing. They were gonna look sweet on my car too....
well, needless to say even the parts guy was disappointed cause they wanted to see how it would look too. I guess there is a silver lining....hes gonna get a set of the 06 Acccord V6 9 spoke 17" rims for the same price. So overall, my day wasnt a total loss, although now I have to wait a week or so while he orders some aftermarket wheels for an accord on the lot.
What price for 4+tires?
Kingof3rdinput is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2006, 07:44 PM   #13

Quote:
oh man! so they dont fit! whack! so which wheels did you exactly get? did you look at the other civic si wheels? the "silverstars" 5 spoke gunmetal.

Igotvtec04 has those TSX's... iirc
edit: tsx wheels
The wheels I tried are from the base SI. If you look at the honda website, the blue SI in the gallery has the exact wheels on it. I have been looking at a limited number of honda styles based purely on cost. From what I have seen, the Accord 9 spokers from a 2006 go for about 600+shipping on ebay. The civic SI wheels are probably about the same. The parts guy at the dealership made it easy and sold them for 500 installed. Thats a great deal for new rims and new Michelins...even if they are stock. In my opinion, even with the crappy offset, the 9 spoke 17" Accord rims are the nicest they have ever put on from the factory. They would look sweet with a +45 instead of 55.
Old January 16th, 2006, 10:46 AM   #14
oSCaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeith72
The wheels I tried are from the base SI. If you look at the honda website, the blue SI in the gallery has the exact wheels on it. I have been looking at a limited number of honda styles based purely on cost. From what I have seen, the Accord 9 spokers from a 2006 go for about 600+shipping on ebay. The civic SI wheels are probably about the same. The parts guy at the dealership made it easy and sold them for 500 installed. Thats a great deal for new rims and new Michelins...even if they are stock. In my opinion, even with the crappy offset, the 9 spoke 17" Accord rims are the nicest they have ever put on from the factory. They would look sweet with a +45 instead of 55.
oh, I was talking about these Si wheels. or even better

Last edited by v6_ccord_2k5; January 16th, 2006 at 10:49 AM..
Old January 16th, 2006, 12:07 PM   #15

Quote:
oh, I was talking about these Si wheels. or even better
Those are sweet...but too much money for this PO white boy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in