Some 06 interior mods so far (JL/momo/tsx-ed) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2006, 12:19 PM   #1
Sponsored by my bank acct

Some 06 interior mods so far (JL/momo/tsx-ed)

Hey guys, thought I'd share a few mods I did since I got my 06 AV6 sedan. I decided to do most of my interior mods in the winter and leave exterior mods for spring/summer.

Sound system:
I installed Focal 130CV (5.25") coaxial's in the front and kept it stock in the rears. I wanted the Focal 160CV (6.5") but I found out they were too deep and wouldn't fit in the stock location.

I have your typical JL setup in the trunk. Jl 300/4 and 500/1 amps to power my speakers and 12W3v2 sub, respectively. I have a RBC-1 knob that controls the bass boost level. I mounted the amps on a carpeted wood board and bolted it to metal frame around the back of the trunk. I never had to fold down my rear seats to haul anything my trunk couldn't fit so it wasn't a huge loss (knock on wood).

All this took my friend and I 3 days to install and tune this setup and it was well worth it. Sounds so amazingly loud and clear that it hurts my ears.

The only thing left to upgrade in the sound system department is to perhaps add a JL audio cleansweep (there are 3 types by JL audio now!) or get a couple of 6.9"s, and build a custom box like several v6p members in the left corner of my trunk.

Is the JL audio cleansweep worth it? I've heard mixed reviews on it in 03-05 accords but do you really hear a difference? (could be psychological! haha)

I momo-ed my shift knob, handbrake, and boots.

05 TSX steering wheel controls.

Let me first say that I was an idiot to think they were the same as the 06 accords. For those who don't know, they're not the same! (maybe for the 03's). The pin connector is not the same and the sensor placement on the circuit board are at different locations! I had to open and modfiy them such that the buttons made square contact onto the sensors to complete the circuit. It was a nightmare but this mod is definitely doable. I can post a diy if anyone is interested in doing this mod.

Future mods:
I really want to add the oem metal trim kit and new pedals. AC schnitzer pedals are a beautiful thing but the dead pedal alone costs $300.

Come spring when I take my winter wheels off I want to drop my car with tein basics, get the 06 hybrid rear lights. But then there are 18" axis hiro's, Mugen sides and rear lip...oh brother.
moistener is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 15th, 2006, 12:32 PM   #2

NICE! since I'm in Texas, I've been working on a couple of exterior mods. I'll post up pics when I'm done. Wished I had a v6.

If you get the Mugen sides and rear what front lip are you going to go with? How much are the mugen sides/rear?
black_sedan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2006, 01:05 PM   #3
oSCaR

oh sh!t youve done all that to your car already! your car is quickly coming together! haha... keep up the good work!
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 15th, 2006, 01:14 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to robbyx_209[9]
very nice man! looks great

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
robbyx_209[9] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2006, 03:51 PM   #5

Please post a diy for the TSX steering wheel controls, They look really good.
moveingfaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2006, 04:00 PM   #6

What do you mean 06 Hybrid taillights? What is the difference? Or are they the 05 tailights?
mookow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2006, 04:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_sedan
If you get the Mugen sides and rear what front lip are you going to go with? How much are the mugen sides/rear?
I'm not really sure yet. I might wait for Kaminari to come out with one. I just can't afford an asian accord bumper just to put on a Mugen front lip. So far I've been quoted prices around $1620 plus shipping for the Mugen sides and rear. I know the only Mugen distributor in Ontario, Canada so I'll ask him how much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookow
What do you mean 06 Hybrid taillights? What is the difference? Or are they the 05 tailights?
The 06 Hybrid shares the same colour scheme taillights as the Honda Inspire.

USDM's accord

Inspire's

I would only have to purchase the lamp unit (not led unit)once the 06 hybrid parts become available to make this conversion possible.

Here
Old January 15th, 2006, 04:27 PM   #8
-Brian

Send a message via AIM to NexsoN
hey man! sweet auto and e-brake mod! can you link me to where you bought those from, and also, tell us about those tsx controls!

hehe i know u mentioned that custom subbox in the corner of your trunk, well look at what i'm just finishing up.

NexsoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2006, 04:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexsoN
hey man! sweet auto and e-brake mod! can you link me to where you bought those from, and also, tell us about those tsx controls!

hehe i know u mentioned that custom subbox in the corner of your trunk, well look at what i'm just finishing up.
NexsoN, let me say that your custom enclosure looks good. Once you smooth it out more and tightly carpet it, it's gonna look nice.

Okay as for the tsx steering wheel controls. I bought them new at an Acura dealership but I got 20% off because I have a 2001 RL and I know the parts manager.

But if you want to snag a used one, it's your lucky day.
EBAY

HOWEVER, modification is actually pretty difficult, especially the cruise controls. I found it so difficult to provide square contact onto the sensors to complete the circuit. I just realized that it's touch and go now. Sometimes the cruise control buttons work, sometimes they don't. I have to go in and open them up again to adjust. But I rarely use cruise control because I don't like to use my accord to go on far trips that I can live w/o it working all the time.

The audio controls are easier to modify but the 'Mode' button is touchy as well. Lastly, putting them back together, since they're different, is another challenge. If you look closely, my controls buldge out slightly. Fitment is a slight problem.

Oh yeah, I got all my momo stuff off of ebay. And although they're expensive, they're still cheaper retail.
Old January 15th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #10

www.ltbmotorsports.com for the MOMO stuff... cheaper than ebay if you buy more than 1 item
Old January 15th, 2006, 04:43 PM   #11
-Brian

Send a message via AIM to NexsoN
yea man, i love how clean your intertior looks, is there any inparticular momo "stuff" i need to get, or is it all universal?
NexsoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2006, 04:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexsoN
yea man, i love how clean your intertior looks, is there any inparticular momo "stuff" i need to get, or is it all universal?
the parts are universal, but the shift boot comes in 2 different sizes ( i chose the long one) not sure which size is right for 7th gens
Old January 15th, 2006, 10:02 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to g1186
if you dont' mind which model shift knob and boot is that and where di you get it?
g1186 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2006, 07:04 PM   #14
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
thats is the momo automatic shift knob that can be found on ebay or somewhere at a local shop. they usually cost around $97+ but you can wait until a private seller sells one. you can use a boot from a 6spd. or be a baller and buy a momo shift boot.

btw, i like how the amps and how its layed down.

KIET

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in