Changing day time running lights... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2006, 10:39 AM   #1

Changing day time running lights...

Hey everyone wassup? This is my first post, and so far I love this forum. I just got a 06 accord, and was wondering about changing the day time running lights. I'd much rather have a whitish blue light, then the stock piss yellow.

Has anyone changed theres? What size is the bulb, and is it easy to change?

Also does anyone recommend any certain bulbs, or websites to order the bulb from. Thanks in advance.
0sixaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2006, 11:00 AM   #2

Welcome!. low=9006 high=9005. Stay away from silverstars, I have them and it's still yellow to me.
black_sedan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 29th, 2006, 11:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0sixaccord:

Hey everyone wassup? This is my first post, and so far I love this forum. I just got a 06 accord, and was wondering about changing the day time running lights. I'd much rather have a whitish blue light, then the stock piss yellow. .
US DRL lights are yellow? CND DRL is halogen white.
APOLLON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 29th, 2006, 11:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_sedan
Welcome!. low=9006 high=9005. Stay away from silverstars, I have them and it's still yellow to me.
That's funny my old car was the same setup, I had a 97 2.2 CL. I had Nokya Artic Whites in my hi/low beams and was pretty impressed, for just a bulb. I was thinking about putting them in the accord but wasn't sure what some other people were using. I had HID's in my old car (aftermarket kit), so it's hard getting used to halogens. I might go the HID route eventually so I'm looking for bulbs that would resemble like a 6000k look, for my DRLs.
Old January 29th, 2006, 11:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by APOLLON
US DRL lights are yellow? CND DRL is halogen white.
I'm pretty sure they are yellow. I mean not yellow, but the stock bulb white. When you say halogen white do you just mean white bulbs, or the typical aftermarket blue bulb?
Old January 29th, 2006, 11:58 AM   #6

well, the other thing you have to consider is the bulb is only running like 40% power in drl mode, making it fairly "yellow". So i'm not sure if changing to a "bluer" bulb will affect anything drastically since its more the power and not the bulb.
trapshot68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 29th, 2006, 12:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapshot68
well, the other thing you have to consider is the bulb is only running like 40% power in drl mode, making it fairly "yellow". So i'm not sure if changing to a "bluer" bulb will affect anything drastically since its more the power and not the bulb.
I never really even thought about that...I wonder if changing it to a blue bulb would make any difference?
Old January 30th, 2006, 03:16 AM   #8
registered n00b

Send a message via AIM to sumptimwong
the white/blue look on a halogen bulbs is only achieved by tinting the glass blue. this does not only decrease the amount of useful light put out, but also causes more glare.

and yes, trapshot is correct. at a lower current/wattage, teh halogen filament will have a lower color temperature, making it seem more yllow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- wong
sumptimwong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 30th, 2006, 12:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0sixaccord:

I'm pretty sure they are yellow. I mean not yellow, but the stock bulb white. When you say halogen white do you just mean white bulbs, or the typical aftermarket blue bulb?
No, I meant standard white halogen, which appears off-white when in DRL mode because of the reduced power output, like trapshot68 said.
APOLLON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 30th, 2006, 04:06 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to azn429
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_sedan
Ahh i got some silver star too it sucks -_-
azn429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in