Indash in lil cubby. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2006, 10:52 PM   #1
somethingJDM.com
 
duRritztiNy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 841
Indash in lil cubby.

I have looked around but i cant find any good pictures of it. Does anyone have pic of the indash screen for the cubby. I have some question. What cubby kit did you use? How much does it stick out? I just install my indash and that **** sticks out alot. I might have to do something custom down there. Any help would be great. Thxs
duRritztiNy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 20th, 2006, 11:04 AM   #2
Registered User
 
JPAccord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hilton Head, SC
Posts: 581
Send a message via AIM to JPAccord
Quote:
Originally Posted by duRritztiNy
I have looked around but i cant find any good pictures of it. Does anyone have pic of the indash screen for the cubby. I have some question. What cubby kit did you use? How much does it stick out? I just install my indash and that **** sticks out alot. I might have to do something custom down there. Any help would be great. Thxs
Yeah man I had that same cubby kit I think you're referring to, the Metra kit, runs about 20-30 bucks on Crutchfield. Its good for a normal headunit, but a flipout dvd player will look like total crap down there, take it from me, I had one. I have a 6 speed and had to cough up the 200 dollars for the Metra Turbo T2 kit, which replaces your stock indash changer and AC controls, but the flipout is finally where it should be. Here's two comparison pictures:

BEFORE


AFTER



Now I aint sayin' she's a gold digger....
JPAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 20th, 2006, 02:33 PM   #3
Your Mom Drives a Honda
 
smokin6speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntington, WV
Posts: 1,999
Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
see the top one is good for non flip outs as said above...but the thing that sucks is your controls are now obstructed by the screen in the second pic...they should have set it up with the buttoms all the way on the left and right so they are outside the range of a flip out screen or flipped the order and have the unit go above all of the controls.....but i'm not in a much better situation with my pilot now...because if i change out the H/U i lose my factory DVD setup...honda makes it hard to customize your system
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old February 20th, 2006, 06:10 PM   #4
Registered User
 
JPAccord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hilton Head, SC
Posts: 581
Send a message via AIM to JPAccord
The controls aren't bad in the new setup, the knobs turn freely behind the head unit, you just spin it from the side.
JPAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2006, 09:17 PM   #5
My Third Accord!
 
acb384's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 841
Send a message via AIM to acb384 Send a message via MSN to acb384
some company has got to come up with a better option than the metra T2. that thing is FUGLY...

not to mention you loose climate control
acb384 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2006, 09:36 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Baltimore MD
Posts: 206
whats the biggest size u put in the cubby?

i think i read its only 6.5 inches
smilez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2006, 12:26 AM   #7
Registered User
 
JPAccord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hilton Head, SC
Posts: 581
Send a message via AIM to JPAccord
Quote:
Originally Posted by acb384
some company has got to come up with a better option than the metra T2. that thing is FUGLY...

not to mention you loose climate control
It really goes with the dash pretty well, hardly noticeable. Climate control wasnt a huge issue for me, i usually have it max heat, max ac, or off with the windows down.
JPAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 2nd, 2006, 02:03 PM   #8
King Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAccord
Yeah man I had that same cubby kit I think you're referring to, the Metra kit, runs about 20-30 bucks on Crutchfield. Its good for a normal headunit, but a flipout dvd player will look like total crap down there, take it from me, I had one. I have a 6 speed and had to cough up the 200 dollars for the Metra Turbo T2 kit, which replaces your stock indash changer and AC controls, but the flipout is finally where it should be. Here's two comparison pictures:

BEFORE


AFTER



Now I aint sayin' she's a gold digger....
Very nice, I'm getting the same kit and it's on the boat right now.....I still cannot believe it costs 200+

Oh by the way JPAccord, is it still possible to use the volume control on the steering wheel after installing the indash??
tptpgogogo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On