color keyed or black chrome headlights. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2006, 03:05 PM   #1
My Third Accord!

Send a message via AIM to acb384 Send a message via MSN to acb384
color keyed or black chrome headlights.

anyone done this? i am considering using tint spray on the chrome in the headlights in the same method you would in the DIY blackhousing. just wondering if there are any pics out there.
i have a graphite sedan so maybe doing them graphite is a possibility also.
acb384 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 26th, 2006, 03:42 PM   #2
odk

Funny you should ask. I just finished mine today. San Marino Red. Haven't installed yet. Unfortunately won't be doing that for a few weeks. I'll post up pics then.
odk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 26th, 2006, 10:53 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to joedanger11
bought black chrome to paint my headlights. havent done it yet. but i'll be sure to post pics.
joedanger11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 26th, 2006, 10:57 PM   #4
Superccord

I always wondered how it would look if they were painted the same color of the car.
Boovila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 26th, 2006, 11:19 PM   #5
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
it might look a little weird depending on what color the car is... i would just recommend going the safe way and blackhousing it. i done a black housing last weekend and it turned out very nice..

KIET

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2006, 09:38 AM   #6
JDM FTW!!!11one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiet
it might look a little weird depending on what color the car is... i would just recommend going the safe way and blackhousing it. i done a black housing last weekend and it turned out very nice..
agreed. i know theres a guy on here with a 7gen who did his housings in a gunmetalish color. it was a pic with two accords in the snow or something. it looked pretty good. IMO it will depend on your color how it looks.
JBLAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2006, 12:13 PM   #7
girl powah!!

Send a message via AIM to 03aV6cpe
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedanger11
bought black chrome to paint my headlights. havent done it yet. but i'll be sure to post pics.
hey joe,

i've been looking for black chrome paint. i finally found one on the internet but it was about $60 for a can!!

where did you buy that black chrome paint from?

thanks
03aV6cpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2006, 12:19 PM   #8
My Third Accord!

you can use testors tint spray at a hoby shop....it will be ok inside the headlights but would need some extra clearcoat protection in exterior situations.
Old February 27th, 2006, 05:41 PM   #9

I just got the dual halo ebay projector headlights in the other day. ( Before you bash me I am gonna retro some hid projectors in there) I am thinking about buying the paint from Tower Paint and color matching them to the car. My car is Saph Blue. Right now the halo lights are blackhoused. What do you guys think? I am just worried that it will be too much blue. BTW not trying to hijack the thread but my question falls in the same lines as this one.
noslow100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #10
St. Louis!

I've seen a shot of someone w/ saphire blue that color matched the housing. It looked damn nice IMO, ala Corvette
Kingof3rdinput is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #11

If you could post it I would love to see it. There are more thoughts telling me not to do it than to do it.
Old March 1st, 2006, 09:47 PM   #12
St. Louis!

Here ya go, there used to be a few more, but the pics are X'd. Don't know who on Cardomain has these, but I'm sure you could find him.

Old March 2nd, 2006, 07:46 AM   #13
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
idk man- it looks like a bit much when you colormatch it w/ the car. the reflective strip sticks out like a sore thumb, but thats just my opinion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 2nd, 2006, 09:12 AM   #14
6MT

Send a message via AIM to SlayerGTR
i say black looks better still

SlayerGTR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 2nd, 2006, 10:12 AM   #15
mao
v6p gangster

Send a message via AIM to mao
black.

|
mao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 2nd, 2006, 07:40 PM   #16

Yeah I think I am gonna leave them black. Too much blue. I think the black will look good with the black fog light bracket and the black grille that I will be hopefully getting soon.
Old March 5th, 2006, 07:21 PM   #17
odk

Here are the results of painting my headlight housings bodycolor. I think it looks OK however I don't think it is an earth shattering mod. I could have used black but that seems to be the road most traveled. If anything, it does seem to soften that big chrome wedge on the corner of our cars. Using matching colors, even black, seems to 'compartmentalize' the look of the housing, I don't know if that is good or not. When all chrome, the different sections blend together better.

Original:

Old March 5th, 2006, 07:54 PM   #18
My Third Accord!

need a shot from further away. wanna see the whole front end.
after seeing the pics i would likely lean toward a black chrome effect.
Old March 5th, 2006, 08:06 PM   #19
G|O|A|T

Send a message via AIM to neonecko
[QUOTE=odk]Here are the results of painting my headlight housings bodycolor. I think it looks OK however I don't think it is an earth shattering mod. I could have used black but that seems to be the road most traveled. If anything, it does seem to soften that big chrome wedge on the corner of our cars. Using matching colors, even black, seems to 'compartmentalize' the look of the housing, I don't know if that is good or not. When all chrome, the different sections blend together better.

Really, you don't like it that much? Honestly i think that looks great! Much better the stock
neonecko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 5th, 2006, 08:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by odk
Here are the results of painting my headlight housings bodycolor. I think it looks OK however I don't think it is an earth shattering mod. I could have used black but that seems to be the road most traveled. If anything, it does seem to soften that big chrome wedge on the corner of our cars. Using matching colors, even black, seems to 'compartmentalize' the look of the housing, I don't know if that is good or not. When all chrome, the different sections blend together better.
no offense but this look disgusting.
Igotvtec04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 5th, 2006, 08:46 PM   #21

I like it about as much as the stock, but like acb384 said, another pic from further away will be more telling. IMO, it's better than blackhousing, but colormatching won't look good with all colors. Silver would look like toned-down chrome, might as well leave it stock; and white would probably look horrible. Blue I've seen in another thread but didn't like it, so it really depends on the color and everything else you do with the car. Get a HID kit to reduce the pink effect when the lights are on.

What the heck is black chrome??
APOLLON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2006, 07:10 PM   #22
odk

Quote:
Originally Posted by APOLLON
I like it about as much as the stock, but like acb384 said, another pic from further away will be more telling. IMO, it's better than blackhousing, but colormatching won't look good with all colors. Silver would look like toned-down chrome, might as well leave it stock; and white would probably look horrible. Blue I've seen in another thread but didn't like it, so it really depends on the color and everything else you do with the car. Get a HID kit to reduce the pink effect when the lights are on.
This thread is about finished but I thought I would add some 'distance' pics per APPLON's and acb384's request.
Agreed,I don't think this is a mod for every color car, as mentioned above. I'm getting a little more used to it as time goes on. I just wanted to try something a little different, kinda like a new Vette .

Old March 18th, 2006, 10:05 PM   #23
My Third Accord!

yeah, its better seeing it from far away.

Black chrome is like a shiny chrome finish that is tinted black or dark
Old March 19th, 2006, 07:48 AM   #24
St. Louis!

Great job, I love it. And it's actually unique.
Old March 19th, 2006, 08:03 AM   #25

Send a message via AIM to CRV_33
From what I heard in the past, isnt it better in the long run to use high temperature paint?

CRV_33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2006, 08:35 AM   #26
odk

Thanks Kingof3rdinput. I know this isn't for everyone, but I enjoyed venturing into new territory.
CRV 33 I used enamel from Tower Paint. Then cleared it with a high temp Duplicor spray.
Slow baked it in the oven to cure it. I hope the paint stays stable over time.
Old April 1st, 2006, 05:49 PM   #27
odk

I was at the local Honda dealership the other day and they had an Accord parked where I could get mine next to it. Here are my final pics on this issue of body color headlight housings. I'm sure that's good news for everyone.

Old April 1st, 2006, 11:58 PM   #28
i like dogs

not too bad...i guess the closeup pics looked a bit weird...but i think it looks better than stock...
hobbes235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 2nd, 2006, 12:58 AM   #29

Yes, better than stock, especially with the color-keyed fog-light grills. Nice work.
APOLLON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 2nd, 2006, 08:20 PM   #30
im a noob

the red housing looks good i like it but in the pics it doesnt look like it stands out much. my friend of mine did it like 2 years ago but he didnt put it on his car. he had a white coupe and he housed it metallic blue it looked nice but since he didnt put it on his car i couldnt really see the whole picture.
droppedv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in