03+ accord with systems - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2006, 04:54 PM   #1

03+ accord with systems

hey guys, I have some major rattling goin on with my 2 12s, i need to know how to dismantle my mounted brake light in the back window and I need to know what will cure the vibration behind my license plate. any help?
PilotForLife86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 8th, 2006, 05:12 PM   #2
oSCaR

the third brake light inside the car? that just gets pulled out, at least for the sedan it does. The reason I know is because the tint shop that tinted my windows took it off. If you try pulling it off, and it wont come loose, try to see if it has clips holding it down... you can check for the clips through the trunk.

for the vibrations w/ the license plate. go buy some small adhesive rubber "bump stops" or w/e u wanna call them. I had some laying around from when I bought a CD player. take the plate off, and you'll probably be able to see where the plate is rubbing the paint and stick the bump stops there.
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2006, 05:12 PM   #3

Well I have an 02 so I cant help with the light but I can with the license plate. I had a plate that rattled. I used a pair of the sticky rubber feet like used to keep glassware from sliding and placed them on the plate near the mount holes to space the plate off of the trunk and the rubber absorbs alot of the vibe..try it at worst it will cost you 60 cents
OverdoingIT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 8th, 2006, 05:23 PM   #4

ok, i checked with the clips on the brake light and I see those, but when I try and take it off it has something holding it still like the light socket or something, and on the license plate deal it seems as if the vibration is coming from within the trunk behind the plate
Old March 8th, 2006, 05:28 PM   #5
Adventure is out there!

Send a message via AIM to littletruong
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotForLife86
ok, i checked with the clips on the brake light and I see those, but when I try and take it off it has something holding it still like the light socket or something, and on the license plate deal it seems as if the vibration is coming from within the trunk behind the plate
take out the bulb first =)
littletruong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2006, 05:30 PM   #6

Quote:
I have the same problem with my trunk. I thought that the rattles were from the licensce plate but they were from the trunk itself. I lessened a lot of the trunk rattling by tightening the trunk latch. If you push down on the trunk with your bodyweight and it stops the rattling, your latch is probably too lose.
rp788 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2006, 05:39 PM   #7

well since i have a spoiler with the brake light it doesn't have a bulb in it, it seems like its only the socket
Old March 8th, 2006, 05:46 PM   #8
Adventure is out there!

Send a message via AIM to littletruong
Quote:
well since i have a spoiler with the brake light it doesn't have a bulb in it, it seems like its only the socket
it should come off just pull it a lil i had the same problem. it was a lil stuck in there
littletruong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2006, 05:56 PM   #9

yea its getting stuck on the carpet
Old March 9th, 2006, 01:38 PM   #10

it seems i can't pry the light out, i got both clips out but in the middle it seems as if there is something holding it in
Old March 9th, 2006, 02:25 PM   #11
oSCaR

are you trying to take it out permanently? if so just break it off, lol. But yea, I have the spoiler w/ the third brake light too on my sedan, so that light doesnt work. I've tried putting it in, but it wont go all the way either, like it needs an extra clip or the clip wont reach all the way down to clip on.
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2006, 02:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6_ccord_2k5
are you trying to take it out permanently? if so just break it off, lol. But yea, I have the spoiler w/ the third brake light too on my sedan, so that light doesnt work. I've tried putting it in, but it wont go all the way either, like it needs an extra clip or the clip wont reach all the way down to clip on.
the only problem I have is its catching on the carpet when I pull it out, i feel that if I try and rip it out it'll tear the carpet, or whatever it is
Old March 10th, 2006, 06:52 PM   #13

how would I fix the license plate problem, it seems to me inside the trunk even when I tighten the latch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in