Engine Dress - any suggestions? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2006, 08:02 AM   #1

Engine Dress - any suggestions?

Hey fellas -

Well I am looking for quality engine dress up ideas. I've been to the autoparts stores, and they have those cheap plastic tubes that you put wires in and you can do any color you'd like. I guess they call them flex hoses, but they are not even hoses! They are cheap plastic and I am looking for something a little better.

I have a 04 honda accord v6 6 speed. Any suggestions will be appreciated!
jason2713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 6th, 2006, 08:26 AM   #2
Super Villain

Send a message via AIM to 7thGenVillain
Inspire Engine Cover
7thGenVillain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2006, 02:26 PM   #3
^ that's my name

Send a message via AIM to ll haC
paint match the inspire cover along with your battery cover....uhm v6p ground kit? Get some of those socks...mugen radiator cap..I dunno haha.
ll haC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 6th, 2006, 04:00 PM   #4

My car is blue with ghosted flames, id like to keep the blue theme going unless someone else has a better idea

I guess I'm trying to find that tubing to put around my stereo wires, and electronic wires, but all the ones I find look cheap and cheesy
Old April 6th, 2006, 04:14 PM   #5
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Send a message via AIM to slowaccord
do u have a blue intake already?
slowaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2006, 04:25 PM   #6
Sinfully Sick

hmmm buy the inspire cover and paint it blue. Blue grounding kit.
Sin-R V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2006, 04:33 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to joedanger11
or just a tl cover and paint it blue. or a polished manifold. it would look really nice since you have polished spokes on your wheels.
joedanger11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2006, 04:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowaccord
do u have a blue intake already?

I have the AEM V2 intake, they come grey, kinda boring

I can get the grounding kit I guess....and I could get my engine cover done....maybe get some lights to put in the top of the hood so it shines down on my engine...that'd be cool
Old April 6th, 2006, 06:46 PM   #9
registered n00b

Send a message via AIM to sumptimwong
They're called "wire looms," and you can find better quality ones on ebay sometimes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- wong
sumptimwong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2006, 06:56 PM   #10
Sinfully Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2713
I have the AEM V2 intake, they come grey, kinda boring

I can get the grounding kit I guess....and I could get my engine cover done....maybe get some lights to put in the top of the hood so it shines down on my engine...that'd be cool

uh unless your car is for pure show and barely driving, i dont advise that. engine heat
Sin-R V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2006, 09:03 PM   #11
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2713
My car is blue with ghosted flames, id like to keep the blue theme going unless someone else has a better idea

I guess I'm trying to find that tubing to put around my stereo wires, and electronic wires, but all the ones I find look cheap and cheesy

you can have your engine cover painted or powder coated...i would avoid the lights under the hood...you could do new radiator hoses as well...the flexicool i believe..they don't look bad....definately a V6p blue ground kit...functional and adds a little touch of blue to the engine bay...

OT: what size wheels are those (all specs, rim size, tire size, offset, because those are the exact ones i wanted i was looking at 18's but those look HOT) and secondly what kind of drop do you have that will accomidate those wheels..any issues with the size (rubbing, have to roll the fender etc)...thanks
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2006, 09:13 PM   #12

i wish oure engine lookedl ike the B series engine. cuz they have better lookin engines..
spec7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:29 PM   #13
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Send a message via AIM to slowaccord
Quote:
Originally Posted by spec7
i wish oure engine lookedl ike the B series engine. cuz they have better lookin engines..
yea they have those cool valve covers with the cut outs so you can see the cam gears in action hahahah
slowaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:41 PM   #14
registered n00b

Send a message via AIM to sumptimwong
Why is everyone hating on the lighting under the hood? As long as the power is fused, and the wires are properly secured, this is a great idea IMO. Nothing would melt unless you had wires physically touching your intake manifold or something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- wong
sumptimwong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2006, 09:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin6speed
you can have your engine cover painted or powder coated...i would avoid the lights under the hood...you could do new radiator hoses as well...the flexicool i believe..they don't look bad....definately a V6p blue ground kit...functional and adds a little touch of blue to the engine bay...
I have the blue radiator hoses, going to get the grounding kit next pay check, and I'll ask painter to do engine cover. That should look good The lights I was just going to add like 2 LED strips to the hood to give it a lil glow. I don't think they will melt, I have other plastic parts underneith the hood, as long as I stay away from moving parts and the heated parts, I'll be golden. I've seen small LED strips mounted to the borders of the hood far away from anything.

Quote:
OT: what size wheels are those (all specs, rim size, tire size, offset, because those are the exact ones i wanted i was looking at 18's but those look HOT) and secondly what kind of drop do you have that will accomidate those wheels..any issues with the size (rubbing, have to roll the fender etc)...thanks
Those are 20" konig unknown rims. They only make them in 20" x 8" with a 40 offset on Nitto 225/35/20 (I didnt want to risk 235). I was daring ordering these with that offset, and when we mounted the tires on the car, it looked like it was going to need the fenders rolled, but it works.

Absolutely no rubbing, I can turn the wheel ALL the way, no hitting. I've had 2 people in the back, no rubbing. It looks great, fills that gap nicely. My car has tanabe springs, about a 1.5 drop.

My old rims that are for sale if anyone interested (Bazo B52 19" Chromes - about 5-6,000 miles on them):

I am just anal, and wanted to fill that whole wheel gap and wanted bigger rims.

I was reluctant to get 20's since everyone said don't do it, but I'm adventuresome. I'm not really into performance (racing just F's your car anyways) so that's why I got em

Last edited by jason2713; April 7th, 2006 at 09:25 AM..
Old April 7th, 2006, 12:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumptimwong
They're called "wire looms," and you can find better quality ones on ebay sometimes.

went on ebay, the look exactly like what I have and these are cheap looking bleh! sucks, is there something else people use to wrap up wires into colored wrapping?
Old April 7th, 2006, 02:06 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to joedanger11
yea, Tim is right. I think blue neons or some lighting under the hood would be cool. some OEM cars have lights under the hood. (not for show but still lights, though)
joedanger11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in