Hella Gen 3 ballasts question - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2006, 03:39 PM   #1

Hella Gen 3 ballasts question

I am interested in buying the hella gen 3 ballasts for my retrofit project, however, will they plug in to the OEM harness for the 7th gen accord? or do i need to buy an adaptor? prolly a dumb question, but i want to make sure that they will fit the OEM headlight wiring harness
jason2713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 12th, 2006, 03:42 PM   #2

you need 9006 harness check this website xenondepot.com
Igotvtec04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 12th, 2006, 03:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotvtec04
you need 9006 harness check this website xenondepot.com

Well I'm getting the TSX projectors, not sure what size bulbs those use, so basically one wire will plug into the factory wire harness for power, and the other other will go to the bulb, so my question is, will the ballast be able to fit my harness...am I phrasing this right?

Old April 12th, 2006, 05:23 PM   #4

no it will not, if you want to connect it directly to the factory plug you ganna have to cut the wires, to be safe get the 9006 harness.
TSX uses D2S bulbs
Igotvtec04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 12th, 2006, 05:31 PM   #5
I ♥ My Honda

Send a message via AIM to ephyouckay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotvtec04
no it will not, if you want to connect it directly to the factory plug you ganna have to cut the wires, to be safe get the 9006 harness.
TSX uses D2S bulbs

What you need is not a regular wiring harness. You need the relay wiring harness. This allows the ballasts to draw power from the car battery instead of your stock wiring. This will prevent stock wiring from melting and you having to deal with a complete nightmare.

http://www.xenonking.com/parts.htm

Its 40 shipped for the relay harness and that is all you need. Allows your kit to be plug and play and no cutting wires or splicing. just need to ground and hook it up to the positive on the car battery and you are set. It has both relays and fuse in there for safety reasons.
ephyouckay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 13th, 2006, 10:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephyouckay
What you need is not a regular wiring harness. You need the relay wiring harness. This allows the ballasts to draw power from the car battery instead of your stock wiring. This will prevent stock wiring from melting and you having to deal with a complete nightmare.

http://www.xenonking.com/parts.htm

Its 40 shipped for the relay harness and that is all you need. Allows your kit to be plug and play and no cutting wires or splicing. just need to ground and hook it up to the positive on the car battery and you are set. It has both relays and fuse in there for safety reasons.

yeah thanks man, exactly what i needed to know, I actually am getting the retrofit by the dude you recommended, i was going to go through custom lightz, but they were too backed up.

I remembered seeing your post and looked at his jobs and was very impressed so decided to go wth him. I'm probably bugging the $hit out of him with all my questions though, so i decided to come here

Anyways, he recommended the hella gen 3 ballasts, and I didnt know if it would hook up directly to the stock harness or not. So get that kit, ground to frame, hook to battery, then the other end goes to the bulb?

I'm not sure if I should order this or him since he knows EXACTLY what is needed. Obviously i need to know what bulb ill need and what adaptors i need (like the one you said i needed) 9006 is my bulb size for the TSX projectors? or is this the factory size that goes into the OEM housing?
Old April 18th, 2006, 07:27 PM   #7
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to 05AV6
9006 is the OEM bulb size, the TSX uses D2S bulbs.
05AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 18th, 2006, 09:30 PM   #8
I ♥ My Honda

Send a message via AIM to ephyouckay
i think youll need a 9006 harness... the harness doesnt plug into the bulbs they plug into the ballast and into your stock wiring harness which is 9006.
ephyouckay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2006, 07:29 PM   #9

jason....I can volunteer myself and evil_jweller to do it one day....it will be one of those 'wham, bam, thank you ma'am' jobs, should only take a few hours
evil_98EXL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in