Professional bodykit insall - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2006, 04:23 PM   #1

Professional bodykit insall

Hey, I recently bought a full HFP kit for the 03 coupe and I don't think I wanna mess with drilling (decklid). How much should a pro install cost for the kit (minus front spoiler), foglights, and grill? Thanks!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 25th, 2006, 04:40 PM   #2
-Brian

Send a message via AIM to NexsoN
ah, persoanlly I would go ahead and install the kit, the fogs and grill yourself, anyone with a technical rating of 4 can do all these with the intructions that Honda provieds, as for the decklid, I would allow a professional to do that, since it involves drilling goodluck.

BTW, whats your name?
NexsoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 25th, 2006, 04:44 PM   #3

For the decklid, are u guys talking about the wing that attached to the trunk? [I personally like the Hybrid backlid], no electrical instrument involve...so I suppoed you can install it manually, and I think it just can be installed without drilling the trunk...considered the weight.
liuhendy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 25th, 2006, 11:48 PM   #4
oSCaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuhendy
For the decklid, are u guys talking about the wing that attached to the trunk? [I personally like the Hybrid backlid], no electrical instrument involve...so I suppoed you can install it manually, and I think it just can be installed without drilling the trunk...considered the weight.
Correction: I believe Assassin has a Coupe since he mentioned the HFP kit, and HFP kits arent available for the Sedans. So that means that the Hybrid decklid spoiler wouldnt fit on the Coupe since there are no Coupe Hybrids.
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2006, 07:13 AM   #5

There are proffesional tricks to aligning spoilers, and placing the holes in the correct spot. Usually using the T-Strips supplied with most aftermarket kits. I always kept those to use when a kit did not come with some. Anyhow, I would normally charge $50 to install a wing, $30 if it was a OEM one with no LED, most OEM decklids are marked for where the holes need to go. 4 pc spoilers, would be about $100. But that's what I'm used to, depends on what your market is like where you live.
i4CarbonCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2006, 02:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4CarbonCoupe
There are proffesional tricks to aligning spoilers, and placing the holes in the correct spot. Usually using the T-Strips supplied with most aftermarket kits. I always kept those to use when a kit did not come with some. Anyhow, I would normally charge $50 to install a wing, $30 if it was a OEM one with no LED, most OEM decklids are marked for where the holes need to go. 4 pc spoilers, would be about $100. But that's what I'm used to, depends on what your market is like where you live.

hey, thanks for the info. the dealer quoted me 300 bucks to install...ridiculous! so i spent the night in the garage and have the kit on now except the decklid (no lights). hope to post pix once im done
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2006, 06:24 PM   #7

if you can't get a hold of any t-strips, a good DIY version is to get the fatest, longest zip-ties possible and put a small screw or nail right in the center. Use one for each hole and very lightly tape this to the hole, with the srew inside like a peg. Make sure the ends hang out so you can tape them down real good to the decklid. once you have the spoiler aligned perfectly, tape down the zipties to the decklid with duct-tape(max adhesion, you don't want this to move). Then carefully pull off the spoiler leaving the zip-ties on the decklid in place. Where the screws/nail are is where you need to drill. Start with holes the exact size of the bolts and thread in as many that match perfectly as possible. Some hole will need to be enlongated, not made larger or else the head of the bolt will not have enough metal to grab. Also if the spoiler is slightly off then just slightly elongate some holes and use washers if neccessary. I will post some Illustrations. Additionaly sometimes you will need to drill a hole big enough for a socket and extension to fit through if the webbing(back side) of the decklid is blocking your hole.
i4CarbonCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in