gauge lights intensity/brightness DIY help needed - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2006, 01:47 AM   #1
ClubbingDirectory

Question gauge lights intensity/brightness DIY help needed

hey everyone.
i put blue films behind my gauges and they look GORGEOUS now! very very nice blue but there is a problem.. at night, when i turn on the head lights, since there is a FILM behind under the carper, it makes the light VEEERY DIM!
however it looks beautiful wen i turn the headlights off (as if you're driving during the day with ur DRL on)
now, my question is that is there anyway that i could play around with it so that even with the headlights on, the lights dont DIM and stay BRIGHT!! i guess it makes sence for the gauges lights to dim wen the headlights turn on since i'd mean that its night and you don need as much brightness!! but since my film has dimmed the light BIG times, i'd want to do somethin to the lights so that they don't dim. (it specially becomes a HUGE pain in the a$$ wen i wanna launch fast or race somebody but can't do it properly since i can't see where my red line begins.. lol. i always end up turning my headlights off so that the back light becomes BRIGHT and then i giver her some gas! )
any ideas guys?! Thanks
)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

...and.. for all your clubbing needs in Ontario... you know where its all @:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
clubbinto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2006, 02:06 AM   #2

do you have the dimmer knob in the instrument cluster turned all the way towards the right so it clicks to the full on position?
trapshot68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2006, 02:09 AM   #3
ClubbingDirectory

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapshot68
do you have the knob turned all the way towards the right so it clicks to the full on position?
okay,.. im sorry man, i didn't get wut i meant.. its prolly cause its 4 am here and im like passing OUT,...
cud u explain wut u mean please?! which knob are you talking about?! as far as i cud remember, none of the knobs in the car rotate in a left to right direction. they rotate in up and down directions..

Old May 10th, 2006, 02:27 AM   #4

in the instrument cluster, there's the little post to change the mileage, temperate, trip a/b, etc. Turn it clockwise till it clicks. That leaves the dash to full lit without dimming on the lights.
Old May 10th, 2006, 02:36 AM   #5
ClubbingDirectory

OHHH!! MY!! GOD! you are a GENIUS!!! thank you .. thank you .. thank you.. one of my BIGGEST problems solved..
problem solved..
Old May 10th, 2006, 02:54 AM   #6
registered n00b

Send a message via AIM to sumptimwong
You're kidding, right?
sumptimwong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2006, 06:26 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to joedanger11
trapshot68, you told him the secret! no one is supposed to know that
joedanger11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2006, 06:46 AM   #8

doh! sorry guys. I screwed up there.
Old May 10th, 2006, 07:56 AM   #9
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
hahahahaha my dad had the same problem with his lexus...his gauges were freakin dim and he didnt know wat to do.

but thats kinda backwards, its like saying "yeah i rebuilt my whole engine" "but i dont know what the engine does" sorta kinda logic...anyway, you shud put up some pix of the blue film DIY
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2006, 08:32 AM   #10

post pix of the blue conversion, I am thinking of doing this but it seems like a whole lot of work.
jason2713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2006, 09:15 AM   #11
-Brian

Send a message via AIM to NexsoN
lol
NexsoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2006, 11:02 AM   #12
ClubbingDirectory

Cool

lol u guys r jkers.. NOWW.. i actually feel stupid... lool
here guys.. i did a little clip cause guys on TAC(torontoaccords) were killin me for pics and i bumped it to a 10 sec video clip..
lemme know wut ya'll think
check it lemme no wut u guys think
edit: oops, dead link, fixed it.

Last edited by clubbinto; May 10th, 2006 at 12:04 PM..
Old May 11th, 2006, 05:24 PM   #13

looks good clubinto...can you tell us where to get the blue film and how much it costs..im from canada too!!
amardsingh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2006, 08:27 PM   #14
ClubbingDirectory

Quote:
Originally Posted by amardsingh
looks good clubinto...can you tell us where to get the blue film and how much it costs..im from canada too!!
thanks man..
so heres the deal, you buy the film from ebay. it must be high temperature/non adhesive. this is the link to my page but this link will prolly be not workin in 2-3 months. the seller's name is "paperstreetplastics".
he ships it REALLI quick and as u cud see the result is amazing!
(its free shipping to US and Canada!) so all together this whole thing will cost 7-8 buks. CAD.
wen u get the item, chek this amazing DIY page.
couple of things.
make sure you 1- do it wen u got some good 4-5 hours time to waste and don't need to go anywhere cause it all goes good until lu start gettin nervous!
2- u MUST MUST MUST MUST use latex gloves as soon as you get to the black carpet. don't EVER take it off since the OIL of ur skin leaves a PERMANENT mark which looks UGLY!
3-make sure u b careful and don't put too much pressure on the plastic locks as i broke one.
4- wen you want to unscrew the gauge back in, b VERRRRRRRRRRY careful as one of my screws FELL in the knee padding area and i had to drive my car with open gauge to my mech to take it out. (try to put the screw in with twizers or somethin like that..)
5- have some balls since wen it comes to takin the gauge off, u'd need it .. lol specially if ur dealer is like mine, very picky and u still under warrranty! but do it, its easy but need precision to get a quality job.. im not realli satisfied with mine, i'd do it again if i cud..
bottom line, don b afraid to ask for help if u need somehtin but it shud go smooth. good luck!
Old May 11th, 2006, 08:40 PM   #15
POSSIBLE FRAUDULENT SELLER

Send a message via AIM to maying856 Send a message via MSN to maying856
OMG, one of the biggest secrets has been revealed.........

Congrats though!!! And show us some pics man.... The video is kinda eh quality

Last edited by maying856; May 11th, 2006 at 08:42 PM..
maying856 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2006, 08:53 PM   #16
I OWE benf656 MONEY

Iam glad to know people are benefitting from my DIY

shon.nv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2006, 09:32 PM   #17
ClubbingDirectory

Quote:
Originally Posted by maying856
OMG, one of the biggest secrets has been revealed.........

Congrats though!!! And show us some pics man.... The video is kinda eh quality

lool bro, i put a VIDEO! in this thread instead of pics here it is again
Old May 12th, 2006, 09:33 PM   #18
ClubbingDirectory

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon.nv
Iam glad to know people are benefitting from my DIY
omg.. thank you SOOO much man. i didn't know your name on v6p to credit you for it but its nice you msged here ur self...
yes ya'll it was this genius who came up with the idea and the AMAZINGLY done DIY!!
thanks again.. love it!
)

...and.. for all your clubbing needs in Ontario... you know where its all @:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in