Are these Halos good or not? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2006, 12:11 AM   #1
Master of Disaster...

Send a message via AIM to MysterGoode Send a message via MSN to MysterGoode
Are these Halos good or not?

I've been searching for half an hour but still can't find a definitive answer. I love these lights and want to know what kind of HID kit I need to fit in the low beam and if the light output is good.

Thanks a lot for ANY input.
MysterGoode is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2006, 12:33 AM   #2
v6p gangster

reminds me of a 5 series
PFizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2006, 12:54 AM   #3
Sinfully Sick

the light output was much better than most of us expected. not as good as TRUE HID projectors but decent. The LEDs will burnout in an instant. You really need to replace those asap before you install it on.
Sin-R V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 13th, 2006, 08:08 AM   #4

I have these headlights:

The best thing that I can tell you is if you want them they look sweet! However you will need to change the leds out asap. They are 3mm leds. As far as the projectors go, and1player38 bought an hid kit and put it in there and was happy with the results. I retro'ed some D1S bixenon Valeo's into mine and I love the way they look. The retro was not hard to do.
noslow100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:40 AM   #5
Master of Disaster...

NoSlow, Those look incredible! Ok, I'm going to et these and I will change out the LEDs... As far as retroing them, what did you do? IS it just kind of a swap where you take out the projector it comes with and add a TSX or whichever one you want?

Would you mind taking a picture of the light output and the cutoff if you ever get a chance?

Last edited by MysterGoode; May 13th, 2006 at 10:42 AM..
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:41 AM   #6
Master of Disaster...

Also, is there a way to disconnect the halos?
Old May 13th, 2006, 11:57 AM   #7
I OWE benf656 MONEY

Iam personaly not feeling them (No disrespect or offense to anyone, just my thought). I like em plain and simple but retrofitting the halo headlight would be easier than stock
shon.nv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2006, 03:15 PM   #8
Master of Disaster...

I think I'm just gonna go to downtown LA today and get a plug and play HID kit
Old May 13th, 2006, 03:36 PM   #9
I OWE benf656 MONEY

^^ please get Retro done on it.
shon.nv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to CRV_33
where did you get that pic from? Well if you really want to how good they are, ask and1player (i think thats how you spell his sn) since that is his car

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CRV_33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2006, 09:25 PM   #11

Good luck getting and1player38 to read the thread. Last thread that I read from him he was selling his accord and I don't think he is gonna be on this forum as much anymore. As far as the retro, It is for the most part a direct replacement. There is a pivoting screw at the top of the projector and two screws at the bottom of each projector that will adjust the cutoff line. I used the Valeo Bixenon projectors because they had four holes that lined up pretty well with the template of the original projectors.

This is a pic that maybe you can get an idea of what I am talking about. I don't have any pics of the cutoff or output yet because I still have to adjust the passengers side down a little bit. Sorry I am lazy and I have a baby on the way so I am constantly doing things around the house to get the home ready for that. The output is great and I would highly recommend getting hids over regular halogen. The tsx projectors may be a little more difficult to retrofit but still very possible. I may be wrong, it might be easier. The leds are easy to get to and tedious to replace. It is worth the extra work. I replaced all of the leds and it is pretty self explanitory once you get the headlights and you can see it in front of you.
Old May 13th, 2006, 11:42 PM   #12
JB4 e92

The angel eyes are "rice" unless they're on BMWs. Just my opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2006, 01:09 AM   #13
Master of Disaster...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean2draccord
The angel eyes are "rice" unless they're on BMWs. Just my opinion.
I agree, I would disconnect them but some people LOVE halos.

noslow100, how much did you spend on everything total? Around $500 maybe?
Old May 14th, 2006, 03:54 PM   #14
6MT

Send a message via AIM to SlayerGTR
he says the LEDs on his car keeps goin out, basically his halos gone bad and now his top leds are goin out too

SlayerGTR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2006, 05:53 PM   #15

I think after everything was done I spent around $600-$650. My leds are fine. and1player38's leds kept going out. My leds are regulated with better resistors than what come on the headlights when I ordered them. Some people say that the halo's are rice and to a certain extent I agree. If they look like crap or something that someone just threw together then yes it is rice in my opinion. I am not saying that these are the best looking headlights but I will say that anyone who has seen these has only complimented them.(In person, not online. The online pics can't do it justice.) They look very similar to the headlights on a Hyundia Tiburon during the daytime. Would you say they are rice? I wanted a different look and I liked the aggressive look that these lights gave when the leds were lit up. Some of the retro fits that I have seen people do in stock housing's look silly. You look at the headlight and automatically you say to yourself that they don't even look like it fits or belongs in there. Over time the retro's have gotten better. I seen one recently on this forum where someone used two different types of bezels and it was creative and it came out looking good. At least the headlights that I bought look like they were intended to when they were manufactured. I am not knocking those with oem headlights and retro's. I am just replying to those that think these headlights are rice. I like the way they look and I am happy that I did it.
Old May 18th, 2006, 08:08 AM   #16

I think they look pretty dope! An dI think the only things that are "Rice" are the crap people used to do to there car 5 years ago. Can't knock a man for actually buying something that looks like it was made that wayż
i4CarbonCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in