Grillcraft Lower Grill - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2006, 01:12 AM   #1

Grillcraft Lower Grill

Hey, just got my black lower grill from Grillcraft today...free and fast delivery from USspeed. Just wondering tho...isnt there supposed to be a Grillcraft emblem on the actual grill itself? Hope some grillcraft owners can send some advice, thanks
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2006, 01:37 AM   #2
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon

yeah there is a removeable emblem on the lower right corner of the center grille, none for the sides if you got those. If it didn't come with one then you wouldn't want one. Do you? I took mine off, looks cleaner.
Hongda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2006, 01:13 PM   #3
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Hey, just got my black lower grill from Grillcraft today...free and fast delivery from USspeed. Just wondering tho...isnt there supposed to be a Grillcraft emblem on the actual grill itself? Hope some grillcraft owners can send some advice, thanks
Mine did ...

flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 14th, 2006, 07:14 PM   #4

For those that have the grillcraft, how well made and thick is the mesh-material. I bought some metal gutter guard from Home Depot sprayed it black and I am thinking of cutting it and doing a diy install instead of dropping over $100. I am just not sure if the grillcraft is a thicker or thinner material and which one will be a better choice.
noslow100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:47 PM   #5

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
It's a high quality, thick grill. The Grillcraft is a better choice because it fits perfectly as well as it being hi-quality. But if you're good with DIY ... nothing wrong with going that route. I believe there are a few who have gone the DIY route and it turned out pretty good.
Old May 15th, 2006, 12:09 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to TrixsterR
To bad they dont make it for the 06, since the bumpers have change
TrixsterR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2006, 05:39 AM   #7
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
you just have to be patient...the 06 has only been out for a minute and that is the downside of wanting to mod a new car....having to wait for parts...we all had to do it with our 03-05 and they finally have parts...i'm sure they will have something sooner or later
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:55 AM   #8
Master of Disaster...

Send a message via AIM to MysterGoode Send a message via MSN to MysterGoode
Do you need to remove the stock grill for that? Is there drilling involved for the installation?
MysterGoode is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2006, 12:35 PM   #9
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
-i popped my grillcraft logo off immediately too- much better looking.

-yes there is drilling required and thought you dont HAVE to take out the stock grills, it looks better if you do. which i did.

-i have a friend that tried to do the home depot mesh dealie on his 7gen and after about 2 hours of messing with it he gave up and bought the same grillcraft kit i have. yes, its expensive, but its worth the cash IMO. its very high quality.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by v6SicksSpeed; May 15th, 2006 at 12:38 PM..
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2006, 12:17 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6SicksSpeed
-i popped my grillcraft logo off immediately too- much better looking.

-yes there is drilling required and thought you dont HAVE to take out the stock grills, it looks better if you do. which i did.

-i have a friend that tried to do the home depot mesh dealie on his 7gen and after about 2 hours of messing with it he gave up and bought the same grillcraft kit i have. yes, its expensive, but its worth the cash IMO. its very high quality.

thats looks clean! how did you remove the stock grill? does it require cutting?
Old May 16th, 2006, 01:08 AM   #11

No cutting required. Only a couple of drills. Check out the step by step installs here:

http://www.grillcraft.com/applicatio...ake&make=honda
Old May 16th, 2006, 07:57 AM   #12
get'cha roll on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
thats looks clean! how did you remove the stock grill? does it require cutting?
thanks~
i cut the plastic stock "grill" as close as i could with a heavy duty clipper just to get them out of there. then i used a razorblade to shave down the edges of the plastic so its just the outside lining of that original piece. it destroys your old one, but looks a lot better. if you keep it on and put on the grillcraft over it you can still see it behind the mesh grill so it looks cluttered.

the directions they give you are spot on, but they have you put the grill over the stock one. in pic #22 of the directions is even tells you you can remove the old one and can tell it'd look a little better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by v6SicksSpeed; May 16th, 2006 at 07:59 AM..
Old May 17th, 2006, 12:12 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6SicksSpeed
thanks~
i cut the plastic stock "grill" as close as i could with a heavy duty clipper just to get them out of there. then i used a razorblade to shave down the edges of the plastic so its just the outside lining of that original piece. it destroys your old one, but looks a lot better. if you keep it on and put on the grillcraft over it you can still see it behind the mesh grill so it looks cluttered.

the directions they give you are spot on, but they have you put the grill over the stock one. in pic #22 of the directions is even tells you you can remove the old one and can tell it'd look a little better.
thanks for the tip. i cut out my "stock grill" with hedge clippers but i was too lazy to file down the rough ends. still...it looks a lot better than with the stock grill.
Old May 17th, 2006, 05:49 PM   #14
get'cha roll on...

[QUOTE=Assassin]. i cut out my "stock grill" with hedge clippers QUOTE]

haha- i def did the same thing. that plastic is pretty tough and they were perfect for the job. i just couldnt get close enough to the outside so i used the blade.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in