What to do!!!!!!!!!!!! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2006, 07:03 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to fastV6 Send a message via Yahoo to fastV6
What to do!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I have a 7th gen sedan graphite pearl and was thinking of doing something with the headlights. I was thinking of going retro with my own stock headlights but i managed to get a inspired headlight for a very good deal (its brand new in box). Sofar, I have a pair of TSX headlights with the projectors intact, a pair of TSX projectors, and a set of S2K headlights with the projector still intact. I was thinking of going Inspired with TSX retro since it's been done allready

http://www.v6performance.net/galler...&sort=1&cat=all

or just keep it stock and put in S2K low beams and TSX Highbeams. Like i mentioned before It's my first retro and i can use all the help, idea, and experience you guys can offer me. Any different combinations that you guys can suggest would be very helpful (AS long as they are possible)
fastV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2006, 07:08 PM   #2

dual projectors on the 7th gen are sick. Especially with that kind of setup. Check Dreamer a member on this forum he has a quad setup.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2006, 07:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder
dual projectors on the 7th gen are sick. Especially with that kind of setup. Check Dreamer a member on this forum he has a quad setup.
Thanks for your idea but what kinda of set would you recommend? Ispired or stock double double.

Old May 15th, 2006, 07:33 AM   #4
Fast at Last!... kind of.

Good luck trying to install/fit both projectors in.

Inspire w/ TSX is plenty bright enough. Or Inspire with S2K.

Quad projector is over-kill unless you have the skill/expertise to PROPERLY aim them, 'cause messing it up is just a waste of projectors.

If you are not using the S2Ks please let me know as I might be interested in them.
Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:00 AM   #5
oSCaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastV6
I was thinking of going Inspired with TSX retro since it's been done allready
who did it? there was someone talking about doing it, but I havent seen it done...

are you gonna mount the projector in the top section of the Inspire headlight? or in the lower section?
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #6
registered n00b

Send a message via AIM to sumptimwong
IMO, Quad projectors are silly unless one pair or both pair of projectors are Bixenon. Otherwise, when you hit your high beams, you'll be flashing the HIDs on and off. It's been discussed and debated several times here, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

My vote goes to color-modded s2000 projectors in the low beam, and OE halogen highs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- wong
sumptimwong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:33 AM   #7

Someone was talking about it a few months ago, but most of the replies suggested that he should keep the Inspire headlights as they are. Modding Inspire headlights is venturing into uncharted territory, since there aren't any DIYs and no one has reported success or posted any pictures.

The reflector area is differently shaped and sized. If I had a pair of these lights, I would leave them as is. They're designed for HID use and their appearance (especially when lit) is sufficiently different from stock to stand out from the rest of the 7th gen crowd. Apperently, the light output is quite good, if your only concern is lighting up the road.
APOLLON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:42 AM   #8
registered n00b

Send a message via AIM to sumptimwong
Are you saying that Inspire housings are designed for d2r bulbs?

- wong
sumptimwong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2006, 12:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumptimwong:

Are you saying that Inspire housings are designed for d2r bulbs?
Yes, that's what I was told when I was doing research into possibly getting a pair of these lights.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:43 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumptimwong
IMO, Quad projectors are silly unless one pair or both pair of projectors are Bixenon. Otherwise, when you hit your high beams, you'll be flashing the HIDs on and off. It's been discussed and debated several times here, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

My vote goes to color-modded s2000 projectors in the low beam, and OE halogen highs.

Thanks fo the tip
Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:46 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by APOLLON
Someone was talking about it a few months ago, but most of the replies suggested that he should keep the Inspire headlights as they are. Modding Inspire headlights is venturing into uncharted territory, since there aren't any DIYs and no one has reported success or posted any pictures.

The reflector area is differently shaped and sized. If I had a pair of these lights, I would leave them as is. They're designed for HID use and their appearance (especially when lit) is sufficiently different from stock to stand out from the rest of the 7th gen crowd. Apperently, the light output is quite good, if your only concern is lighting up the road.
THis is the Canadian member who did the retro and came out perfect without much of a risk (thats what he said)

Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Yes, that's what I was told when I was doing research into possibly getting a pair of these lights.

I'm already running D2R Bulbs and the refelction is okay, but the glare is a killer for the oncoming trafic.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino
Good luck trying to install/fit both projectors in.

Inspire w/ TSX is plenty bright enough. Or Inspire with S2K.

Quad projector is over-kill unless you have the skill/expertise to PROPERLY aim them, 'cause messing it up is just a waste of projectors.

If you are not using the S2Ks please let me know as I might be interested in them.

Thanks for your idea.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:51 AM   #14

Quote:
THis is the Canadian member who did the retro and came out perfect without much of a risk (thats what he said)

The link is dead.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:56 AM   #15

Quote:
The link is dead.
Sorry aBOUT IT. jUST PUT IT IN YOUR ADDRESS AND PRESS ENTER. tHE GUYS IS STILL A MEMBER BUT I THINK I MESSED UP THE LINK.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:58 AM   #16

Quote:
The link is dead.
Your right. Better yet if you search in the HID forums you'll see a threat that states " Need help with inspired lights" or something close to that. Just read througha and you'll also see the pics too. Tell what do you think about what he did.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 12:20 PM   #17
Eccenpix

Quote:

you know that your links are all broken.
Eccen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2006, 12:24 PM   #18

I'm in the process of the TSX - Inspire retro. The TSX projector fits well in the bottom HID part with NO bezel needed. I'll post pics once I finish up....
arom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2006, 06:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by arom
I'm in the process of the TSX - Inspire retro. The TSX projector fits well in the bottom HID part with NO bezel needed. I'll post pics once I finish up....
Thanks alot. I'm doing the very same but haven't started yet. I'm Trying to do one on stock (2 sets of projectors) And one inspired With one set of TSX projectors see if i could creat somehting crazy butr please keep me posted.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 06:17 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccen
you know that your links are all broken.
Sorry. I'm Kinda new to this and am just getting the hang of it.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:32 PM   #21
AV6spd :: TA4

What do inspire housings look like? (Sorry guys I am brand spankin new to this stuff)
Pontman43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:21 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontman43
What do inspire housings look like? (Sorry guys I am brand spankin new to this stuff)
http://www.v6performance.net/gallery...sort=1&cat=all
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:30 AM   #23
Sinfully Sick

hmm i dont know. Inspire headlights looks sexy when lit. But when it's off during the day, it looks just like any other halogen headlights. Blackhouse them and leave the vent area chrome, that'll look sick. Besides, i dont think TSX can give off the same low beam appearance that the D2R setup does on the Inspire headlights.

I say retro the stock ones and keep the Inspires for special purposes (wait until retros are overdone then go inspire)
Sin-R V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2006, 05:44 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin-R V6
hmm i dont know. Inspire headlights looks sexy when lit. But when it's off during the day, it looks just like any other halogen headlights. Blackhouse them and leave the vent area chrome, that'll look sick. Besides, i dont think TSX can give off the same low beam appearance that the D2R setup does on the Inspire headlights.

I say retro the stock ones and keep the Inspires for special purposes (wait until retros are overdone then go inspire)

The problem is as all of you know the flare. I actually opened the Inspire housing up and modified the reflector to help with the flare but the reflectors are to damn complex. It's amazing how all the angles create the light pattern. I'm anal and the light pattern isnít cutting it, BUT I LOVE the look of the Inspire lights and don't want to give that up. So it's retro-time.

Good idea with blackhousing, never thought of it......
Old June 7th, 2006, 08:30 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin-R V6

I'm currenly using D2R in my stock head lights. I switched to inspired with D2R and i adjusted them. Not such a big difference. I'm not the only one but my friends seem to think so too. I started the retro Process but I'm not as good as Arom. TSX Prejectors are a perfect fit and i have a few tricks up my sleeve to get the maximum projection out of it

Ideas are highly appreciated
Old June 7th, 2006, 08:31 PM   #26

Quote:
The problem is as all of you know the flare. I actually opened the Inspire housing up and modified the reflector to help with the flare but the reflectors are to damn complex. It's amazing how all the angles create the light pattern. I'm anal and the light pattern isnít cutting it, BUT I LOVE the look of the Inspire lights and don't want to give that up. So it's retro-time.

Good idea with blackhousing, never thought of it......

How do you creat a better and sharper cut. Its so hard with such smakll amount of space
Old June 7th, 2006, 08:45 PM   #27

Quote:
How do you creat a better and sharper cut. Its so hard with such smakll amount of space

You can basically get the beam to ------ ------ ,be flat by moding the back part of the reflector to prevent the -------\_____ left flare. Like I said,its hard to determine which reflector "angles" are the one's that create the flare on both headlights. I have mine basically flat but alot of light still spills to the left!

Pics will be soon of the TSX retro. I may blackhouse the HID part. I forgot to do retro progress pics but highly doubt it will be worth it as there are only a handful of folks that have Inspire lights........

Last edited by arom; June 7th, 2006 at 08:49 PM..
Old June 7th, 2006, 09:58 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastV6:

I'm currenly using D2R in my stock head lights. I switched to inspired with D2R and i adjusted them. Not such a big difference.
That's a lot of money spent on headlights that hardly offer significant improvements over a stock housing with a HID kit. Did the D2R HID kit plug right into the Inpire housings without modifications?
Old June 8th, 2006, 03:42 PM   #29

Quote:
That's a lot of money spent on headlights that hardly offer significant improvements over a stock housing with a HID kit. Did the D2R HID kit plug right into the Inpire housings without modifications?
YEp
Old June 8th, 2006, 03:44 PM   #30

Quote:
You can basically get the beam to ------ ------ ,be flat by moding the back part of the reflector to prevent the -------\_____ left flare. Like I said,its hard to determine which reflector "angles" are the one's that create the flare on both headlights. I have mine basically flat but alot of light still spills to the left!

Pics will be soon of the TSX retro. I may blackhouse the HID part. I forgot to do retro progress pics but highly doubt it will be worth it as there are only a handful of folks that have Inspire lights........

Tried PM ing yopu but your box is full. Couls you oplease post soem pics of youe stiff and how you put it in and where you placed it. Then Where can I gethet JDM city lights. I looked at the sire and couldn't find them where are the located.

Thank Arom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in