wide rims? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2006, 09:54 PM   #1
Carbon Fiber Man

Send a message via AIM to kaos03accord
wide rims?

Looking for some 19X11" or 12" rims prefer 5" or 6" lip. tires shouldnt be much of an issue. either gold /w polished lip or bronze. nothing as high as volks n such. just looking for a decent company that makes rims that size to look into as a sponsor. any suggestions?
kaos03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2006, 12:23 AM   #2
oSCaR

HRE wheels will make you anything and everything, but theyre prob just as expensive as Volk
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2006, 11:24 AM   #3
Superccord

Maybe ADR?
Boovila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 21st, 2006, 11:28 AM   #4
Eccenpix

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6_ccord_2k5
HRE wheels will make you anything and everything, but theyre prob just as expensive as Volk
"just as expensive"??

anyhow I don't think those wide rims would fit unless you get widebody or fender flare
Old May 21st, 2006, 11:31 AM   #5
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccen
"just as expensive"??

anyhow I don't think those wide rims would fit unless you get widebody or fender flare

looking at his ride so far nothing would really be suprising would it...i mean a widebody/fender flares after that custom paint and whatnot would be small potatoes
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2006, 11:34 AM   #6
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccen

well, unless you want to have a very ackward (IMO) fender flare or widebody.. then you wouldn't want to go more than 10" with prob 3-4" lip..

I did tried a wheel with 6" (or was it 8"?) lip and it is already wider than sidemirror.. on top of the extra bodyline to make the wheel fit, it just make the car overly huge and big-butted, as it is already big...
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2006, 11:36 AM   #7
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin6speed
looking at his ride so far nothing would really be suprising would it...i mean a widebody/fender flares after that custom paint and whatnot would be small potatoes
it would also be wasting money to have the body work done AFTER the custom paint.. but then again.. some people just don't care about money..
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:02 PM   #8
Carbon Fiber Man

well i am currently working on designing a widebody for our 7th gens. its going to be +100mm all around (just inside our side mirrors). having it repainted is costing me nothing due to the fact that i got hit back in april so half the car has to be painted anyways. i already have the rear quarter designed and it doesnt look out of place at all. i should have everything molded on the car in about 2 weeks and ill take some pics then but none will be shown until then. yeah HRE is way to expensive. i got a quote on 19x8s a few months ago and they were $4900 shipped to my door. so they are out of question. ill check into ADR and see what all they have. any other companies in mind?
Old May 21st, 2006, 08:16 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to joedanger11
I'm guessing Volks are out of the question too then?

TSW Thruxton has 5" lip

the widebody would look good IMO if it was clean like this on a cl:

Last edited by joedanger11; May 21st, 2006 at 08:34 PM..
joedanger11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2006, 09:20 PM   #10
Carbon Fiber Man

its going to be clean. thats the style these days and im sticking to it. when it comes to volks it depends on some friends i got down in orlando. ever heard of Jade Crew? they are sponsored by Mackin Industries and they might beable to do something for me but im trying to get an idea for myself in case it doesnt fall through with them. btw that cl-s looks good and to give you an idea the widening its about a little under twice that.
Old May 21st, 2006, 10:17 PM   #11

widebody sounds hot, can't wait to peep some pics
03ondubs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2006, 10:52 PM   #12

That is one of the sickest cl's I have ever seen. I cant wait to see what your project looks like when it is done.
Here4u2nv151 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2006, 12:17 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos03accord:

its going to be clean. thats the style these days and im sticking to it. when it comes to volks it depends on some friends i got down in orlando. ever heard of Jade Crew? they are sponsored by Mackin Industries and they might beable to do something for me but im trying to get an idea for myself in case it doesnt fall through with them. btw that cl-s looks good and to give you an idea the widening its about a little under twice that.
That CL is already approaching aesthetically sound limits. Just under double that would be way overboard for a flare kit that follows the fender opening rim. To have that much additional widening and retain some aesthetic appeal, you will have to design fully integrated flares, a la Porshe 944. I don't see any other choice; and there will probably be design obstacles to overcome with fully integrated flares as well. 'Tis won't be cheap.
APOLLON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2006, 12:31 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to joedanger11
well, that cl has more of a fender flare than a widebody. if you were to do a widebody, i dont think it would look too odd if you modified the quarter panels and doors to match.
joedanger11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2006, 02:14 AM   #15
registered n00b

Send a message via AIM to sumptimwong
Wow, I'm juiced to see the fender flares with 10" wheels on! Pics ASAP, props for being a pioneer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- wong
sumptimwong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2006, 02:42 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedanger11:

well, that cl has more of a fender flare than a widebody. if you were to do a widebody, i dont think it would look too odd if you modified the quarter panels and doors to match.
I've seen widebody kits that make that CL look bone stock. If you want to go that wide, you better have the horsepower to back it up, otherwise it's not worth it, IMO. Too much additional weight and aero drag without accompanying power mods.
APOLLON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:23 AM   #17
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
thats not always the case...its ok to have a car that just looks good...i mean there are plenty of cars on the mkt that look good but may not be fast/powerful...and the accord is stuck with limited power mods....so their is no use to limit the looks mods just becuase of that
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:47 AM   #18
jinsoku.com

Send a message via AIM to vTecaznracer
if youre going to go all out on your body and do a widebody, you might as well do the same with what wheels youre going to get and do it right the first time. get a nice set of quality wheels (like volks). if you end up getting adr's (no offense to adr owners), you might end up changing wheels again and custom wheels like youre looking for arent expensive.

anyway, wheels with that kind of custom set up usually only are done by expensive companies anyway. the 'cheapest' rims you can get for a custom set up would probably be volk, id say.
vTecaznracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:56 AM   #19
I AM LOST....

awww... didn't want to post this so soon, but i figured why not.. here is my setup.. a sneak peek pix ..

will be using werk euroline ls, 19x9, and 19x10.. with 2" and 4" lip respectively..
Old May 22nd, 2006, 08:35 AM   #20
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6

very nice, cant wait to see some good shots of the sides! All you need now is boost... lol.
logonzojls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2006, 12:57 PM   #21
oSCaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by brex

Old May 22nd, 2006, 02:13 PM   #22
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally Posted by logonzojls
very nice, cant wait to see some good shots of the sides! All you need now is boost... lol.
lol.. .I do have more pix, but don't think its time to show them all yet. besides, the wheel is not on, and the car is still being worked on for engine work, then ice install later.. so i am guessing prob a month away..

just wanna give some idea to kaos03accord..
Old May 22nd, 2006, 04:47 PM   #23
can't go lower...FML

thats c&c... o man.. imma stop by this week =)
as2222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2006, 04:49 PM   #24
can't go lower...FML

whered u get ur grill done at? came out clean
as2222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:09 PM   #25
Carbon Fiber Man

aight to start of with the rear is a flare but it flows good with the body. this isnt costing me any more than just supplies since i am designing this on my own. like i said its +100mm all around so you say a good tire for the stock accord body is a 225. add 100mm and you get 325 and 100mm is close to 4in. so at the skinniest im getting 11" wide but i really want the 12". the front fender is going to be the same setup as the JGTC cars (closest to the Nismo NSX and 350Z). i may post pics at the end of the week when we get the actual molds built for the driver side and give you an idea of it. its not going to look bulky at all and it will flow together. im looking at either 5" or 6" lip all around. i agree with the rims about going all the way but if i can get a mid grade rim for sponsorship (free rims) i wouldnt mind sticking it out for a year and save up the money and get HREs or iForged. This winter im planning on doing the turbo setup. just waiting to see how some of the other setups work out cause im not stopping with this car till its "complete". all i have left is this body work, turbo and eventually built motor to hold the power. i promise it wont be ugly haha
Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:31 PM   #26
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos03accord
aight to start of with the rear is a flare but it flows good with the body. this isnt costing me any more than just supplies since i am designing this on my own. like i said its +100mm all around so you say a good tire for the stock accord body is a 225. add 100mm and you get 325 and 100mm is close to 4in. so at the skinniest im getting 11" wide but i really want the 12". the front fender is going to be the same setup as the JGTC cars (closest to the Nismo NSX and 350Z). i may post pics at the end of the week when we get the actual molds built for the driver side and give you an idea of it. its not going to look bulky at all and it will flow together. im looking at either 5" or 6" lip all around. i agree with the rims about going all the way but if i can get a mid grade rim for sponsorship (free rims) i wouldnt mind sticking it out for a year and save up the money and get HREs or iForged. This winter im planning on doing the turbo setup. just waiting to see how some of the other setups work out cause im not stopping with this car till its "complete". all i have left is this body work, turbo and eventually built motor to hold the power. i promise it wont be ugly haha
hm.. logic sounds right when you add up like this.. but it really depends on the wheel design, and its offset. I also had to clear front and rear bbk so i don't have much choices. and i really suggest that you pick the wheel first, and ask the shop to tailer the body to the wheel.. it is not going to be easy trying to change the wheel later. You will always have that too much or too little gap problem..
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:04 AM   #27
Carbon Fiber Man

well im doing the body work so i would be changing it but to get the rims i got to get atleast half the car done and take photos to send them off. im not spending full price on rims unless they are volks which i might beable to a deal on. i got some people on discount tire so when i get it on ill try out some different rim sizes to figure it out
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:36 AM   #28
oSCaR

What if you try to get a sponsorship from HRE, maybe even half sponsor and you pay the rest... or something like that. Tell em you'll slap on the biggest HRE vinyl sticker ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by as2222
thats c&c... o man.. imma stop by this week =)
I knew it was C&C, I think I might have to go do a little paparazzi work for V6P...
Old May 23rd, 2006, 04:29 AM   #29
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos03accord
well im doing the body work so i would be changing it but to get the rims i got to get atleast half the car done and take photos to send them off. im not spending full price on rims unless they are volks which i might beable to a deal on. i got some people on discount tire so when i get it on ill try out some different rim sizes to figure it out

hmm.. that's why some people tries to get sponsership from iForge as the wheel can be custom spec and make.. then they can finish the body work first then get wheel later..
Old May 23rd, 2006, 04:50 PM   #30
Carbon Fiber Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by brex
hmm.. that's why some people tries to get sponsership from iForge as the wheel can be custom spec and make.. then they can finish the body work first then get wheel later..
well one of the top guys at iForge is on this other forum so i might let him know whats going on. from my past experiences well known companies have trouble going with people they know nothing about and dont have many previous sponsors. i will send him a message with some pics and see if hes interested at all. HRE very and i mean VERY rarely sponsor individual cars. they usually sponsor companies or well known car designers. its just an extremely slim chance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in