headlight lips lids eyebrows !!?? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2006, 02:16 AM   #1
ClubbingDirectory

headlight lips lids eyebrows !!??

hi guys...
i cud swear i saw a thread here before where somebody put an eye lid/lip on top of the head light (like BMWs) which made the lights look VERY aggressive and nice.. i searched for it alot but cudn' find anythin.. nybody else has any clues where it could be?! or wut keyboards i cud search with?!
Thanks guys
)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

...and.. for all your clubbing needs in Ontario... you know where its all @:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by clubbinto; June 1st, 2006 at 07:47 AM..
clubbinto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2006, 12:21 PM   #2
I OWE benf656 MONEY

The eyelids for the 7th gen are still being made. There was a thread where ppl were doing it on photoshop to see which one looks better.

heres a few on Ebay which i personaly didnt like and would not pay 50 bucks for a piece of plastic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

shon.nv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 1st, 2006, 11:56 PM   #3
ClubbingDirectory

ohh i see!! daymn.. those 2 r ugly though! :S i liked couple of the ones that ppl appareantly proposed and created.. one looked VERY SEXI AND AGGRESSIVE! almost making the headlights look like TL's.
anyhow.. i guess i'll b waitting for somethin more solid to come out.. lets jus cross the fingers and hope somethin comes out faster.. sooner...
tnx anyway man

Last edited by clubbinto; June 1st, 2006 at 11:59 PM..

Old June 2nd, 2006, 08:20 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to joedanger11
like this one, right?

joedanger11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2006, 11:57 AM   #5
girl powah!!

Send a message via AIM to 03aV6cpe
yeah i think eph posted his car with a photoshoped eyelid.. it looks good, but that piece that bumps out on the headlight seems to be a problem.
i dont understand y not just tint it(for black cars)? people seem to use that tint spray on the tail lights, just use it on the taillights till it's dark (several layers). and i guess for silver, red, etc... cars buy paint from tower(i think that's who) and spray paint it. if it comes out ugly can't it just be removed with thinner or something??
03aV6cpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2006, 04:36 PM   #6
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
i think the advantage to ones that are film is the fact that if it comes down to a state inspection, those would be easier to remove than the paint...and the film ones could be installed easily while on the car while the painted ones would either be a PITA to do on the car or have to be dismantled to put on and definately dismantled to take off (to prevent getting paint thinner on the car paint..)
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2006, 04:59 PM   #7
ClubbingDirectory

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedanger11
like this one, right?

YEYEYEYEYE!!! thas wut im talkin about.. .so is that photoshoped?!
Old June 2nd, 2006, 05:25 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to joedanger11
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubbinto
YEYEYEYEYE!!! thas wut im talkin about.. .so is that photoshoped?!

yup.

cant u tell.. the buildings are replicated in the reflections on the eyelids... also.. i doubt it would as good as that if using vinyl or paint (unless OEM NHBP paint) cause the gloss and smoothness wouldnt be the same as the car paint.
joedanger11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2006, 12:15 PM   #9
I OWE benf656 MONEY

Iam going to start working on something like that pretty soon. Iam waiting to get my house.

shon.nv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2006, 11:53 PM   #10
ClubbingDirectory

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedanger11
yup.

cant u tell.. the buildings are replicated in the reflections on the eyelids... also.. i doubt it would as good as that if using vinyl or paint (unless OEM NHBP paint) cause the gloss and smoothness wouldnt be the same as the car paint.
okay.. i realli can't belive that this is a photoshop job..
trippin me out badly..
nyhow i realli wanna do that. if i cud pull it off in anyway, i wudn' wanna get a diff headlight, i'd stik to OEM as it looks sik in there.
any possible ways to pull that off?!
Old June 5th, 2006, 12:17 PM   #11

Sorry, I photoshoped someones pic here. Anyways, would these brows look good? I was thinking it would need to reveal a portion of the signals so the light can escape...

i4CarbonCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2006, 04:30 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to wg2k7
that looks pretty nice, i got some on my 6th gen and i love them, much more aggressive. i got them because it was an extra 20 bucks on my mugen lip order so im like hell if they dont look good its 20 bucks downt he drain.

wg2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2006, 07:41 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wg2k7
that looks pretty nice, i got some on my 6th gen and i love them, much more aggressive. i got them because it was an extra 20 bucks on my mugen lip order so im like hell if they dont look good its 20 bucks downt he drain.
That lip looks good.. and not to knock but a suggestion... lower the points where you mounted the lip on the backside(end) of the bumper about 1/2 inch or so to make the lip look level. Just a suggestion. I've installed hundreds of these things, if the biggest reason for these is because it hung out(away) from the end of the bumper slightly, just use a shim. You can use a piece of plastic. Again just a suggestion.... looks real good though!
i4CarbonCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 25th, 2007, 06:40 PM   #14
KOTYKB

Send a message via AIM to kotykb
do any of you guys that have painted eyelids have pics to show how much of your turn signal light passes through???
kotykb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 25th, 2007, 06:54 PM   #15

Send a message via AIM to wg2k7
Quote:
Originally Posted by i4CarbonCoupe
That lip looks good.. and not to knock but a suggestion... lower the points where you mounted the lip on the backside(end) of the bumper about 1/2 inch or so to make the lip look level. Just a suggestion. I've installed hundreds of these things, if the biggest reason for these is because it hung out(away) from the end of the bumper slightly, just use a shim. You can use a piece of plastic. Again just a suggestion.... looks real good though!
never saw this til now, and about 2 weeks after installing it semi crooked, i readjusted it and it looks fine now (except for the big crack in it...)
wg2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2007, 06:14 AM   #16
KOTYKB

If they did make an eyelid for this car it might go over the "bump" on the headlight, do you think that would look ok or would it have to be above that?
Old January 26th, 2007, 06:03 PM   #17

has anyone tried these: http://www.mimousa.com/home.asp?dir=products&prod=642
i like the photoshopped ones on this thread better though
islandaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2007, 11:24 AM   #18
KOTYKB

Vinyl eyelids look ok from a far distance but to me they look cheap and "dirty"
Old January 28th, 2007, 11:43 AM   #19
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kleptodathief

now those look good! makes the headlites similiar to the 6th gens!
kleptodathief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2007, 12:52 PM   #20
KOTYKB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleptodathief

now those look good! makes the headlites similiar to the 6th gens!
Yes they do look good but the turn signal lights are blocked so they would have to be a bit more narrow so some light will show through

Last edited by kotykb; January 29th, 2007 at 06:25 AM..
Old January 29th, 2007, 03:35 AM   #21
KOTYKB

Check out my forum about the eyelids that I'm designing that will be made in the next few months!!!

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=82608
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in