JDM headlight help - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2006, 02:05 AM   #1

Unhappy JDM headlight help

Hey i need some help with my JDM headlights, i bought them and just found out that they didn't come with sockets or harnesses and i dont know where i can get them at and where i can find out the sizes and stuff like that. i really wanna install them into my car but can't do so until i find the rest of the stuff. can anyone please let me know? its for the 03 coupe. thanks!
V6girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 7th, 2006, 02:23 AM   #2

by JDM do you mean the authentic Inspire headlights, or the "JDM" blackhoused style?
trapshot68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2006, 05:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapshot68
by JDM do you mean the authentic Inspire headlights, or the "JDM" blackhoused style?
If you indeed are talking about the Inspire lights, do a search. There is a wealth of knowledge to get you on track here.......
arom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 7th, 2006, 06:33 AM   #4
Sponsored by my bank acct

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6girl
Hey i need some help with my JDM headlights, i bought them and just found out that they didn't come with sockets or harnesses and i dont know where i can get them at and where i can find out the sizes and stuff like that. i really wanna install them into my car but can't do so until i find the rest of the stuff. can anyone please let me know? its for the 03 coupe. thanks!
if you're talking about the jdm blackhousing headlights, I know what you mean b/c I recently purchased a set. The high and low beams fit alright but the turn signal socket is too small for our oem. Pain in the ass, but better too small than too large because you can modify it. I'm going to take mine to a shop to get it done since I don't have the time nor the tools to do this.
moistener is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2006, 06:35 AM   #5
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by moistener
if you're talking about the jdm blackhousing headlights, I know what you mean b/c I recently purchased a set. The high and low beams fit alright but the turn signal socket is too small for our oem. Pain in the ass, but better too small than too large because you can modify it. I'm going to take mine to a shop to get it done since I don't have the time nor the tools to do this.
or you can get the TL turn signals. or you can get smaller (yellow) bulbs and use them instead (thats what i did).
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2006, 06:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwAce
or you can get the TL turn signals. or you can get smaller (yellow) bulbs and use them instead (thats what i did).
Oh yeah? Is the TL turn signal bulb connector smaller or something? Because I can't even get the bulb connector to sit flush against the socket because there is a rasied border around the socket and it's too small.

the thing is, the jdm blackhousing headlight turn signal socket in the back looks like it was a shotty job because the locking mechanism (the four square spaces around the hole) isn't positioned symetrically around the hole. Sorry, it's early and I can't explain properly (I'm at work so I can't take pics now).
Old June 7th, 2006, 08:05 AM   #7
indoctidiscant

Quote:
Oh yeah? Is the TL turn signal bulb connector smaller or something? Because I can't even get the bulb connector to sit flush against the socket because there is a rasied border around the socket and it's too small.

the thing is, the jdm blackhousing headlight turn signal socket in the back looks like it was a shotty job because the locking mechanism (the four square spaces around the hole) isn't positioned symetrically around the hole. Sorry, it's early and I can't explain properly (I'm at work so I can't take pics now).
nah i know what you mean. the tl socket thingy is what others have done for their inspire headlights. i didnt have the patience or the time to wait for that since i NEEDED to put my new headlamps in. so i just went to autozone, got the smaller diameter (yellow) bulbs and put those in and used a ton of electric tape to hold them in place. headlamps have held up extremely well to rain and have fogged up only once in about 20 rains.
Old June 7th, 2006, 08:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwAce
nah i know what you mean. the tl socket thingy is what others have done for their inspire headlights. i didnt have the patience or the time to wait for that since i NEEDED to put my new headlamps in. so i just went to autozone, got the smaller diameter (yellow) bulbs and put those in and used a ton of electric tape to hold them in place. headlamps have held up extremely well to rain and have fogged up only once in about 20 rains.
Cool, thanks fo the help, I'll order the TL connector, it's not expensive and see if can fit into the wiring harness. Yeah I was pretty pissed, taking off the bumper and everything, lights and then realizing the hole was too small. I'll let you know if the TL connector fits, probably won't knowing my luck these days
Old June 7th, 2006, 08:34 AM   #9
indoctidiscant

Quote:
Cool, thanks fo the help, I'll order the TL connector, it's not expensive and see if can fit into the wiring harness. Yeah I was pretty pissed, taking off the bumper and everything, lights and then realizing the hole was too small. I'll let you know if the TL connector fits, probably won't knowing my luck these days
a dremel will help you with that.
Old June 7th, 2006, 09:41 PM   #10

i have the authentic JDM headlights inspire headlights not the after market black housing ones, i'm not really good with thise electrical stuff which is why i don't know what i'm supposed to be looking for. know any websites or places? i'm in LA
Old June 7th, 2006, 09:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6girl:

i have the authentic JDM headlights inspire headlights not the after market black housing ones, i'm not really good with thise electrical stuff which is why i don't know what i'm supposed to be looking for. know any websites or places? i'm in LA
This information is from 7thGenVillain who has the Inspire housings:

You will need to get the 98-02 Accord Parking Light socket and the 04 TL turn signal socket. Our stock turn signal socket will not fit. The housing output bulbs are: Low beam = D2R HID, High Beam = 9006 bulb, Turn Signal = 04 TL turn signal 7443 socket, Parking Light = 98-02 Accord parking light 168 socket.

Good luck.
APOLLON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2006, 02:43 AM   #12

Thanks so much APOLLON!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in