Monitor in Cubby - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2006, 04:27 AM   #1

Monitor in Cubby

I know this has been discussed several times before but I can't seem to find the monitor people have used on ebay. Can anyone tell me the brand and model of monitors that fit in the cubby area? I don't care if it can be covered or not. Thank you.
dragonrock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 18th, 2006, 06:08 AM   #2
Sinfully Sick

measurements....its all bout measurements and trial & error at an audio shop.
Sin-R V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2006, 11:26 AM   #3

you can just get any double din monitor and buy an oem double din mounting kit. it may take a little fabricating though.
black_sedan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 21st, 2006, 10:50 AM   #4

where can you get a double din mounting kit?
ill_ace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2006, 11:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill_ace
where can you get a double din mounting kit?

no idea, but i have a 5.6" LCD screen that fit almost perfectly in the cubby, all i had to do was make lil brackets (4 of them) and hot glue them on the sides but made sure it was level so the screen wasn't slanted...it came out great! I dont remember the LCD screen but its 5.6"

hope that helps.
jason2713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2006, 10:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2713
no idea, but i have a 5.6" LCD screen that fit almost perfectly in the cubby, all i had to do was make lil brackets (4 of them) and hot glue them on the sides but made sure it was level so the screen wasn't slanted...it came out great! I dont remember the LCD screen but its 5.6"

hope that helps.
or you can do this...
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79083

I just found it today.
Pretty horrible fitment if you ask me...
donilchang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2006, 02:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonrock
bump anyone have dimensions or model numbers?
XO Vision GX2258 for headrest but if you take out the braket, It will just the LCD that fit...
biben is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 3rd, 2006, 03:44 PM   #8

Quote:
^^ hey are you sure that fill fit the dimesnions seem off??? How is your experience with it? Do you need anything to put it in?
The 6" will perfectly fit, mine iz only 5.8" for a lil bit smaller. I could have to buy the 6" but I took 'em off my friend after he used 'em for 2 weeks, the whole package including a half din DVD Player, sum wires and the Adaptor to connect the audio signal to Car Audio for only 50 bucks. You have to pay 150 for the brandnew 6" LCD at sum online store!

Here sum pix...
Look like there's nuttin...

Old July 4th, 2006, 05:28 AM   #9

is this the model u are talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-XO-VISION-GX...QQcmdZViewItem
Old July 4th, 2006, 08:28 AM   #10

Quote:
is this the model u are talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-XO-VISION-GX...QQcmdZViewItem
Yep, that's what I have in my picture! I mean you should buy the GX2260 - 6 inches! I had to buy my 5.8" cuz they're cheap...
Old July 4th, 2006, 06:16 PM   #11

have you tried the 6" monitor? or are you just assuming it will work?
808v6er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 4th, 2006, 06:25 PM   #12
wj4

can u really watch it from the cubby? or is it more of a show mod?
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 4th, 2006, 10:24 PM   #13

http://www.v6performance.net/gallery...cat=all&page=1

the Clarion Navi fits nicely
bigBEN CM6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 4th, 2006, 11:09 PM   #14
G|O|A|T

Send a message via AIM to neonecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigBEN CM6
Any info. on how you installed this? From the pictures I've seen, it looks flat, how did you get it to stick out so closely to the front, also, can you close the cubby hole lid?
neonecko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 4th, 2006, 11:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808v6er
have you tried the 6" monitor? or are you just assuming it will work?
I tried both and I'd say lyke the 6" would stuck in dah front when I push it in instead of going all the way to the bottom like the 5.8", that means the 6" iz fit better with the bigger size...For the 5.8", I had to cut a metal sheet and fold like a box as an bracket and use velcro to hold it...If you take a look at #3, you'll see the bracket behind the LCD. The DVD player stays in the glove box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
can u really watch it from the cubby? or is it more of a show mod?
I took dah picture from my eye level and yes I can watch it and it not comfortable and not fun at all for driving and watching DVD but thanks for our Gen 7th Accord dash board designer, I can not do anything better than that at the price of 50 bucks!

I intended to use the metra kit and an motorized DVD Player but since I wanna keep the cubby box lyke stock cuz I dun like robber break my window! And even cops, I dun wanna get ticket for watchin and driving, I just close the cubby door and they cant see it when they dont get into to inspect my car.
Old July 5th, 2006, 09:36 AM   #16
GeT MoNeY.....

hey you link's on where to buy that clarion i like dat
gogetit187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 5th, 2006, 05:57 PM   #17

how long can you have a dvd player, screen, and audio system on with the engine off and not kill the stock battery?
808v6er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 6th, 2006, 12:00 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808v6er
how long can you have a dvd player, screen, and audio system on with the engine off and not kill the stock battery?
I dont wanna try and I dont think I gonna watch TV all day in my car! Texas is hot and I always pull the window up with A/C and engine running.
Old July 6th, 2006, 09:11 AM   #19
GeT MoNeY.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by biben
I dont wanna try and I dont think I gonna watch TV all day in my car! Texas is hot and I always pull the window up with A/C and engine running.
hey biben where did you get the dvd player??

i was thinkin of gettin a slim ps2 and install it in the glove box... how well do u think that would work?
Old July 6th, 2006, 04:45 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogetit187
hey biben where did you get the dvd player??

i was thinkin of gettin a slim ps2 and install it in the glove box... how well do u think that would work?
I bought my LCD, DVD player 2 weeks used from my friend for 50 bucks but at the same time they sell 'em brand new at Frys for 250. And you have to buy the adapter which called HON03-PC-SON for Audio input using AUX port in the back of your factory CD Player {mine iz LX trim so I had to buy it, no idea about EX or EX w/ NAV}If you trying to do the same way as my mod...go to Fry's and buy the headrest LCD GX2258X from XO Vision for $129

I think they dont design slim PS2 with antishock and stay vertically so glove box for PS2...might not a good idea.... And since PS2 use different source of power so I think you should leave it sumwhere under your seats! And yes , try it and let me know!
Old July 7th, 2006, 10:25 AM   #21

There was one guy did it, PS2 in the glove box....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/487831/4

p/s: Look at the 1st page and pray for him!
Old July 7th, 2006, 12:36 PM   #22
GeT MoNeY.....

biben thats a great find....

where exactlly is "frys"
Old July 8th, 2006, 12:40 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogetit187
biben thats a great find....

where exactlly is "frys"
Frys Electronic Store...Just like BestBuy but it's huge!
Old July 18th, 2006, 02:56 AM   #24

Biben sorry to bother you again but I am about to purchase the monitor and I would reallly appreciate it if you could confirm if this is the right one:

Monitor

I know you said the fitmant is better than the 5.8 but will I need something to still hold it in place and secure it??

Anything else I need to buy for this and any suggestions on dvd players?

Basically any and all info on this would be great because I want to make this purchase asap. Thank you for the immense help you have already been!
Old July 18th, 2006, 03:17 AM   #25

okay does anyone know what are the max dimensions for width, depth, and height for a monitor in the cubby? I have found many many monitors that are both cheap and have good specs but I hesitate to buy because of fitment issues. Does anyone have DIMENSIONS??

-i'm trying to find a decent monitor for the cubby area because I have a sick mod in mind. I need this monitor asap to start work on it. Need advice from anyone who can give it.

Biben: The monitor you suggested has a pretty low res rate and the dimensions seem a little off. How was ur experience with picture quailty?

Last edited by dragonrock; July 18th, 2006 at 05:36 AM..
Old July 18th, 2006, 08:49 AM   #26

Quote:
okay does anyone know what are the max dimensions for width, depth, and height for a monitor in the cubby? I have found many many monitors that are both cheap and have good specs but I hesitate to buy because of fitment issues. Does anyone have DIMENSIONS??

-i'm trying to find a decent monitor for the cubby area because I have a sick mod in mind. I need this monitor asap to start work on it. Need advice from anyone who can give it.

Biben: The monitor you suggested has a pretty low res rate and the dimensions seem a little off. How was ur experience with picture quailty?
It was so so cuz I dont need much quanlity to watch DVD when I am driving and I dont expect its res at the side of 5.8"! You can go to Mp3car.com... They sell 7" touch screen LCD with high rate resolution...I am thinking about moving on to carPC instead of DVD Player and certainly, the resolution of that LCD iz higher than my current LCD!

7" inches means you have to take out your cubby!

Quote:
Biben sorry to bother you again but I am about to purchase the monitor and I would reallly appreciate it if you could confirm if this is the right one:

Monitor

I know you said the fitmant is better than the 5.8 but will I need something to still hold it in place and secure it??

Anything else I need to buy for this and any suggestions on dvd players?

Basically any and all info on this would be great because I want to make this purchase asap. Thank you for the immense help you have already been!

the DVD player which I am using iz DX 1010 from XO Vision too.....They just have the ground wire, L and R and S-Video wires and wire for power which iz easily to figure out what to do without manual....
If you still wanna have the same set up just like mine, then send me a pm and then I'll take everything out for pix and send 'em to you!

Last edited by biben; July 18th, 2006 at 08:58 AM..
Old July 18th, 2006, 05:37 PM   #27

Quote:
i'm really serious about the 6" model of ur monitor because you said fitment will be better but I want to know how am i going to hold the 6" in the cubby.

also how is the quality on ur 5.8"...is it good enough to watch movies?

and for the 7" monitors does that require custom work because I am looking for a setup I can do myself.

[B]and please confirm if this is the 6" monitor u are referring to:
Lyke I said in sum of my post, I cut a metal sheet and fold lyke a box which fit the bottom of the cubby box and I used velcro to attach 'em together...but first of all you have to separate the bracket which hold the LCD.... I will post up sum pix tonite...
And the quanlity of the DVD I cant tell because I bought 'em used from my friend so its not just lyke brand new in the box but to me, it pretty good and smooth enough to watch DVD and the sound goes directly to the stock CD Player so it better than using FM signal!
Old July 18th, 2006, 05:48 PM   #28

is this the correct monitor in the picture?
is seperating the bracket difficult?

and does this connect to sound the same way the ipod icelink does? I need to know if I will be able to connect this myself.
Old July 18th, 2006, 06:59 PM   #29

woah biben this monitor is black:

Black GX2260

biben I really don't want to purchase the wrong one so which monitor has the correct dimensions or which monitor were u talking about? Is it the black one or grey one??

Last edited by dragonrock; July 18th, 2006 at 11:30 PM..
Old July 18th, 2006, 11:24 PM   #30

Quote:
is this the correct monitor in the picture?
is seperating the bracket difficult?

and does this connect to sound the same way the ipod icelink does? I need to know if I will be able to connect this myself.
My monitor iz GX2258 and it comes in black! You can buy GX2260 and give it a try if you still confuse then go with GX2258 lyke mine!

And yes, it connect lyke the IceLink through AUX port but you have to buy the AUX input for the sound...I am thinking about thiz...

http://www.installer-data.com/item/d...hp?it=X3-HON03

You can connect 3 audio source with that thing!

Last edited by biben; July 18th, 2006 at 11:27 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in