need NAVI wut do i do?! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2006, 02:50 AM   #1
ClubbingDirectory

Arrow need NAVI wut do i do?!

hi guys.
im looking into getting navi as i think it cud b useful!
wut do u think my options will be?!
pics will be appreciated.
clubbinto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 3rd, 2006, 03:23 AM   #2

I think you should start off by typing complete words. Unless you are posting from a cell phone or something in which case... abbreviate away. You do realise you only saved yourself 7 keystrokes by typing that way right? I just had to mention it as illiteracy bugs the crap out of me.

More on topic: Depends on what you want (looks, functionality, how much you want to spend), you can have the factory navi installed for quite a pretty penny, or you could go with one of those simple aftermarket navigation units for $300-500.

You could also get an aftermarket head unit with a screen that includes a navigation disc... only problem with those is you have to put hte disc in any time you want directions.

I'd say the most efficient choise would be the aftermarket navigation, like tom-tom (but not tomtom, because those commercials are annoying). You can probably find something better and cheaper.
ghost_masterCL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 3rd, 2006, 02:26 PM   #3

^^lmao. There are a few threads on installing a factory navi. However, the general consensus is that it's not worth the work. Try a search.
808v6er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 27th, 2010, 02:52 AM   #4

Cool Hi, I'd like to know why is too hard or complicated to install and OEM navigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_masterCL View Post
I think you should start off by typing complete words. Unless you are posting from a cell phone or something in which case... abbreviate away. You do realise you only saved yourself 7 keystrokes by typing that way right? I just had to mention it as illiteracy bugs the crap out of me.

More on topic: Depends on what you want (looks, functionality, how much you want to spend), you can have the factory navi installed for quite a pretty penny, or you could go with one of those simple aftermarket navigation units for $300-500.

You could also get an aftermarket head unit with a screen that includes a navigation disc... only problem with those is you have to put hte disc in any time you want directions.

I'd say the most efficient choise would be the aftermarket navigation, like tom-tom (but not tomtom, because those commercials are annoying). You can probably find something better and cheaper.
Hi, I'd like to know why is too hard or complicated to install and to a honda accord that did not came with navigation. The reason, I've a full navigation system (dash top panel console, trunk dvd unit, and navigation unit with 6cd's) I even got antenna for the dvd unit that goes in the trunk and part of the pigtail wiring. My car is Accord 2DR EX 6Cylinder and came with the stock 6 cd player with satellite radio. I was wondering if it could be possible to install it but then I saw you giving someone else an opinion that it could be really complicated it. Please I'd like to know if you can direct me on how to do it or have someone with experience do it for me if it's possible. If not, then I just sell it so I can get my money back. NOTE: the complete system came of a accord 2004 EX-L Sedan 6Cylinder. I will appreciate it your help, thank you again.
chonomey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 27th, 2010, 02:53 AM   #5

can you explain why? even if someone have all that's needed for the installation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808v6er View Post
^^lmao. There are a few threads on installing a factory navi. However, the general consensus is that it's not worth the work. Try a search.

Hi, I'd like to know why is too hard or complicated to install and to a honda accord that did not came with navigation. The reason, I've a full navigation system (dash top panel console, trunk dvd unit, and navigation unit with 6cd's) I even got antenna for the dvd unit that goes in the trunk and part of the pigtail wiring. My car is Accord 2DR EX 6Cylinder and came with the stock 6 cd player with satellite radio. I was wondering if it could be possible to install it but then I saw you giving someone else an opinion that it could be really complicated it. Please I'd like to know if you can direct me on how to do it or have someone with experience do it for me if it's possible. If not, then I just sell it so I can get my money back. NOTE: the complete system came of a accord 2004 EX-L Sedan 6Cylinder. I will appreciate it your help, thank you again.
chonomey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 27th, 2010, 06:20 AM   #6

Chonomey, it's because of the number of panels and the complicated wiring that you have to run and splice into that makes it a not-worthwhile project for a lot of people.
Gatrhumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 27th, 2010, 10:20 AM   #7

Chonomey, If you have all parts in place, all the you will need is a custom wiring harness. If you are not sure how to splice the wires, there is a guy on ebay that sells the OEM navigation systems hondaacuratech(i guess), aka Martin that sells the harness for around 300$.
Sunil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 27th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #8
2007 Accord EX-L V6 5AT

How much would you sell all the parts for? If you put a Sedan unit in a Coupe, you will not have the red illumination lights.

@OP, what is your budget?
LFSoccer2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 28th, 2010, 05:07 AM   #9

You could go with an aftermarket setup like this w w w.fadfusion.com/selection.php?product_item_number=20081400304
Not all aftermarket setups require you to put a disc in. Sorry about the weird link posting, I'm new on here so I can't post links yet.
CTTKDKing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 28th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #10
2007 Accord EX-L V6 5AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTTKDKing View Post
You could go with an aftermarket setup like this w w w.fadfusion.com/selection.php?product_item_number=20081400304
Not all aftermarket setups require you to put a disc in. Sorry about the weird link posting, I'm new on here so I can't post links yet.
Here you go:

http://www.fadfusion.com/selection.p...er=20081400304

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CarDomain:

DIY Documents:
LFSoccer2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 29th, 2010, 06:49 AM   #11

@LFSoccer2k6 I'm trying to get my posts up so I can post links but I don't just want to troll to get posts. I like to contribute something useful to the threads, but for now, Thanks for the aid.
CTTKDKing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in