IPOD Icelink intall DIY - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2006, 03:07 PM   #1
I OWE benf656 MONEY

IPOD Icelink intall DIY

Here is a DIY I found to intall Icelink on the 7th gens and thought I should share it with all the V6Pers, enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xm8b...Honda%20Accord
shon.nv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 9th, 2006, 07:16 PM   #2
6MT

Send a message via AIM to SlayerGTR
they take too long to install...

All u have to do is lift the Not ashtray / cig lighter door and pull the plate off. U don't need to even unplug the heated seats / take off shifter knob. They waste so much time even bothering d/c battery

I can remove the cubby within 1-2 minutes and there is no need to go thru half their steps (the early few)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SlayerGTR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 9th, 2006, 11:16 PM   #3

I just watched a lot of the videos from that member. Really entertaining, specially all the pitches. Makes me feel a bit nostalgic when I used to pitch in little leagues and what not, hahaha.
dandydaniel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 9th, 2006, 11:28 PM   #4
MT Driver For Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerGTR
All u have to do is lift the Not ashtray / cig lighter door and pull the plate off. U don't need to even unplug the heated seats / take off shifter knob. They waste so much time even bothering d/c battery

I can remove the cubby within 1-2 minutes and there is no need to go thru half their steps (the early few)
How would you get the "not an ashtray" and cig lighter out without removing the two screws that are hidden under the gearshift trim?

Basically I did it the way he did...cept I never used a mirror nor did I disconnect the battery (I did however pull all the interior fuses that related to anything in the area....power accessories, radio, airbags, seat warmers, etc, etc). If I do decide on buying a Parrot Bluetooth kit I guess I'll be doing this all over again to install it...heh.
Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 10th, 2006, 01:48 PM   #5
6MT

Send a message via AIM to SlayerGTR
u do ply that gearshift trim off, but u dont need to take it off all the way. That guy wastes a lotta time unscrewing parts that don't pertain/hinder ur install. U don't even need to unplug the heat seats power either. Just move the part aside a lil bit, and u can still reach w/e u tryin to reach. No need to d/c battery either, jus plug the damn aux in when car radio is off and u shouldn't blow anything.

SlayerGTR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 10th, 2006, 02:59 PM   #6
Registered Hondaphile

thats a good video. another idea, that i like better, is to run the cord straight back into the center console compartment, as oppose to the cd compartment under the radio. its easier to install, as well as easier to store/play with the ipod while driving or wtvr.
i have it come out right next the ac adapter and run the wire up onto the top tray in that compartment. or, if you have a cup insert ipod holder, you can run it right out of the compartment and into the ipod in the cup holder next to the compartment. gives a very clean look, you almost cant see the wire at all and you dont have to reach for the ipod when youre driving- its right next to your ebrake. i got a couple pics of it on my cardomain if you wanna take a look.
anderson930 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 11th, 2006, 07:43 PM   #7

Its a good video ..I proved invaluable when installing my Soundgate ....... I dont have a Ipod but for those that use Ipods why dont you use a Griffin Ipod remote control to control the Ipod ? They're like 15 to 20 dollars.
THERUIZFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 11th, 2006, 08:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum
If I do decide on buying a Parrot Bluetooth kit I guess I'll be doing this all over again to install it...heh.
off topic, but the parrot bluetooth kit is amazing imo. it works really well. i might relocate the unit though.. still thinking about it..

but in terms of the diy, i basically did the same process when i installed my bluetooth kit.
alpha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 17th, 2006, 01:21 PM   #9
GeT MoNeY.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha
off topic, but the parrot bluetooth kit is amazing imo. it works really well. i might relocate the unit though.. still thinking about it..

but in terms of the diy, i basically did the same process when i installed my bluetooth kit.
hey you got a link to the bluetooth kit i might be interested
gogetit187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 18th, 2006, 02:30 AM   #10

hey two quick questions

1) can you install this on a 03 accord that doesn't have XM?

2) how would you utilize the bluetooth? (i.e. with what setup/devices,etc)
dragonrock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in