STICKY ME: Honda Service Bulletin for 7G Brake Warpage/Judder - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD FAQ
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2004, 08:42 PM   #1
person.

Send a message via AIM to Fast_Draw
STICKY ME: Honda Service Bulletin for 7G Brake Warpage/Judder

I figure there were enough posts about this problem, and I got the government to send me a copy of the bulletin. So, I'll make one 'clean slate' post with the scans.

I luckily didn't have a problem - Honda Fixed my brakes, no questions asked, and I have over 12K on the dial.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 19th, 2004, 06:41 AM   #2

Nice

Good post. Nice job. This may help some people.

Oddly, I noticed that the TSB states "A/T only" for the V6 coupes--as though the M/T coupes aren't affected. I can say this is not the case. My rotors had uneven pad deposition on their surfaces and were resurfaced with new pads under warranty. A lot of other M/T owners on this site had the same problem.

Possibly there isn't enough data on the 6 speeds (because of their limited supply) to warrant a TSB???
DaveDB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2004, 07:47 AM   #3

my rotors are warped and my brakes are starting to squeek. i own a v6 6sp.
HUNTER4112000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 19th, 2004, 08:04 AM   #4

i have a 6 speed also and still had this problem after about 3k miles. honda first tried to resurface the rotors to no avail. they then proceeded to replace the front rotors. problem solved.
speeedfrk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2004, 08:41 AM   #5
Northcoast Tuner

Send a message via AIM to josephip
I have the same problem too on my 6-spd coupe, but I have 19k miles on it. You think the dealer will give me problems about that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

http://members.cardomain.com/josephip
josephip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2004, 08:51 AM   #6

I have the same brake problem on my MT6
leo leo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2004, 09:19 AM   #7

Mods- move this to 7th gen FAQ where the other TSBs are
Captal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2004, 10:21 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to mishima8
I had mine done, but the first time they put on the wrong pads.

Car wasn't stopping very well. Took it back and the replaced everything. No TSB, just a good dealership.

I am still going to get powerslot rotors and hawk brak pads though. Car still doesn't stop the way it should.

"sweetness is in the speed"
mishima8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2004, 10:38 AM   #9

Judder

i am experiencing the judder and im at 32,000 miles. they have fixed numerous things on my car for free. do you think theyll give me any grief on this one?
BeepBeepZipTang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2004, 12:02 PM   #10

I'd go in with the "I know this is a known problem for my car, I've done the research, here's the TSB #, now fix my car" kind of attitude. It's harder to argue with someone who knows what they're talking about. Especially the service managers since they usually don't know much mechanical stuff.

Then again at 32k miles who knows... isn't that beyond the expected life of brake pads? Maybe not rotors though, the least you can do is check with the dealer.

I think it's better going in with an attitude that you expect it to be fixed then to go in begging them to make an exception for you. You are still within warranty after all.
Old March 19th, 2004, 12:35 PM   #11

the brake warranty stops at 12000k
Tignws is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2004, 07:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by Captal
I'd go in with the "I know this is a known problem for my car, I've done the research, here's the TSB #, now fix my car" kind of attitude. It's harder to argue with someone who knows what they're talking about. Especially the service managers since they usually don't know much mechanical stuff.

Then again at 32k miles who knows... isn't that beyond the expected life of brake pads? Maybe not rotors though, the least you can do is check with the dealer.

I think it's better going in with an attitude that you expect it to be fixed then to go in begging them to make an exception for you. You are still within warranty after all.
That's EXACTLY the attitude of my customers that makes me want to do the opposite of what they want! (I'm in no way affiliated w/ an auto dealership) The best attitude to have is to go in smiling and usually the dealership will help you out. Tell them the symptoms and don't pretend to know more than they do - you probably don't and pretending you do will only make them mad. If you go in with a positive attitude and then they don't repair the problem - that's when you mention that you are aware of the TSB regarding the braking issue. They are alot more likely to be respectful of your wishes if you are respectful to them.

In any line of service work, put yourself in their shoes. Which customer would you rather help?

A. "I know this is a known problem for my car, I've done the research, here's the TSB #, now fix my car"

or

B. "Hey, I'm having a problem with the brakes on my car and was hoping you could help me out."
Kilmanjaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 23rd, 2004, 11:51 AM   #13
Clueless Newbie

Ok just curious - what exactly is this "judder" you speak of? Maybe it's just me but lately I've noticed my car shake just slightly at lower speeds/when slowing down, even when I'm not pressing down on the brake. Happens randomly - maybe it's the surface of the pavement? Not sure. (I don't have a V6 - just an I4 though. 2004 sedan)
GraphiteI4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 23rd, 2004, 07:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by Kilmanjaro
That's EXACTLY the attitude of my customers that makes me want to do the opposite of what they want! (I'm in no way affiliated w/ an auto dealership) The best attitude to have is to go in smiling and usually the dealership will help you out. Tell them the symptoms and don't pretend to know more than they do - you probably don't and pretending you do will only make them mad. If you go in with a positive attitude and then they don't repair the problem - that's when you mention that you are aware of the TSB regarding the braking issue. They are alot more likely to be respectful of your wishes if you are respectful to them.

In any line of service work, put yourself in their shoes. Which customer would you rather help?

A. "I know this is a known problem for my car, I've done the research, here's the TSB #, now fix my car"

or

B. "Hey, I'm having a problem with the brakes on my car and was hoping you could help me out."
I agree and disagree, because you know what? I probably do know more about the problem than they do. Usually dealers seem to be clueless with their "could not replicate problem" crap.

On the other hand I go in smiling, I BS with all the service managers and techs and know most of them by name. But they also know that I know my stuff and don't give me the run around. I have never been arrogant or rude, just told them what research I have done and here's what the problem most likely is- if I know the TSB# I'll tell them that as well. If they decide it's something different they are more than welcome to disagree, but so far I haven't been wrong. I think confidence and arrogance are two very different things. You can still be confident and very polite.
Old January 26th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #15

A couple questions.

What does TSB stand for, and what can I do about this since the pictures were removed. My 6 speed MT shakes when I brake. I'm fairly confident that it is the rotors even though they were replaced not that long ago and I'm a new owner of this car. Any help would be great!
V6ACCORD04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #16
yal

TSB = Technical service Bulletin

Technical Service Bulletin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
yal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2012, 09:14 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by yal View Post
Thank you. As as for the braking problem that this thread pertains to, is my car eligible? It has 91000 on it right now. Do you think they would do it for free since the wiki said that the dealer or technicians don't have to discount a TSB?
V6ACCORD04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in