Accord V6 Forum banner

2006 Accord hybrid questions

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  v6_ccord_2k5 
#1 ·
Hi guys im not new here ive been snooping around for a while on here. maybe some one could help me, has anyone seen a hybrid accord and a regualr accord side by side? Are they simialar? Which one do you think looks better? BTW I have a 2006 honda accord hybrid pearl white with navi. Im curious as to how i can mod my car since im new to the honda world. thanks for everyones help

#2 ·
Um, there should be no real difference except:

1) slightly different taillights in that the hybrid has the clear white top half of the housing
2) slight trunk lip spoiler
3) different rims
4) no fold down rear sears (if I recall; i know that was an issue for 05)

As for modding the car, which mods were you looking at? If you were thinking performance mods, I think you got the wrong car to start off with.... ($0.02)

#3 ·
yeah im not really trying to mod it performance wise, it does have some balls though, i was looking it making it look nicer, like rims, and a body kit. thats why i wondered if the body was at all differnt in the back and front bumper. is that your car in a lake in ur gallery?

#5 ·
trapshot68 said:
Um, there should be no real difference except:

1) slightly different taillights in that the hybrid has the clear white top half of the housing
2) slight trunk lip spoiler
3) different rims
4) no fold down rear sears (if I recall; i know that was an issue for 05)

As for modding the car, which mods were you looking at? If you were thinking performance mods, I think you got the wrong car to start off with.... ($0.02)
in addition the hybrid has lighter hood, lighter trunk, lighter rims...

#7 · (Edited)
trapshot68 said:
which only moderately offsets the heavy ass batteries.... :)

Hybrid: curbweight (per catalog) 3605lbs
Standard: curbweight (per catalog) 3435lbs (EX v6)
hehehe yeah.. but imagine what you could do took on the lightweight parts on the Hybrid and put them on a regular accord :)

#9 ·
i had a cai and throttle body spacer in my 06 nissan frontier nismo, is there a difference between the short ram and long one in performance? i was thinkin of a exhaust cause i love videos ive seen on here with th magnaflow ones. My first step now is finding some tint, and man is it expensive since i got the navi, im gonna be safe and get the ceramic. my best quote so far out here in san diego is 300 for all the windows and a no hassle lifetime warranty, the warranty i want cause i heard our window tint will scratch over time. then i want to get some 18 or 19 inch chrome wheels. Does anyone have any pics of a white sedan with tinted windows and nice rims. thanks again, oh and btw i live in northern san diego

#10 ·
The only problem Id see with dropping the car, would be possibly scraping the batteries on the rear.

hybrid is faster than the v6 auto isnt it?

I dont recall there being a front lip for the 06/07 sedans like there was for 03-05, but moistener modded one to fit on his 06.

theres also a 7gen Hybrid section on these forums

as far as I see, this is what I would do if I was in your situation:
Tint, Wheels, Retro, Exhaust, find info on risk of scraping batteries w/ drop and drop it if theres no risk, Audio system, Mugen kit if your really balling outta control.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.