Electric S/C, it just might work. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2008, 10:08 PM   #1

Electric S/C, it just might work.

I dont think you guys should have shut down CMT7011's thread without at least a LITTLE consideration. I know a gas powered leaf blower really works so why not one of its electric brethren. Man you guys can be harsh.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a...ad23ca9564.htm
NFRTurboAP1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 5th, 2008, 10:36 AM   #2
From J30A to 4g63

Send a message via AIM to 0Tolerance Send a message via MSN to 0Tolerance Send a message via Yahoo to 0Tolerance Send a message via Skype™ to 0Tolerance
Dont cry about it now, they were just stating their opinion on it, and it seemed like a boring dicussion to start a thread about. And what is that link supposed to prove? Thats ridiculous

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
0Tolerance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 5th, 2008, 10:43 AM   #3
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Tolerance View Post
Dont cry about it now, they were just stating their opinion on it, and it seemed like a boring dicussion to start a thread about. And what is that link supposed to prove? Thats ridiculous
^ +1
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 5th, 2008, 12:02 PM   #4
User not found

^ +1

i wonder whats next... air intake mounted to the ac unit for more cold air...
Pyrocite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #5
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRTurboAP1 View Post
I dont think you guys should have shut down CMT7011's thread without at least a LITTLE consideration. I know a gas powered leaf blower really works so why not one of its electric brethren. Man you guys can be harsh.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a...ad23ca9564.htm
how much you think it would cost to get one of those leaf blowers installed. i could just a purge valve to the intake of the leaf blower and connect the leaf blower to my TB with zip ties.

If you interested NFRTurboAP1, I can install that for you for 700$, I can get the parts from my gardener.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:47 PM   #6

I dont know why i would need a leaf blower installed since i have a turbo on every car i own(cant count the wifes car). But ill play your silly little game, you guys were saying it was stupid and wouldnt work. I post a link of someone ACTUALLY DYNOING a car with a leaf blower and PROVING it makes power and you still want to talk trash. Will it look retarded? I dont know how it wouldnt. Would I even contemplate putting something like that in my car, HELL NO. However he believes that he can get a cheap 10-15whp by rigging something up. Which as i just proved is completely possible. Just because you cant agree with the way someone else is trying to accomplish something doesnt mean it cant be done.
NFRTurboAP1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 5th, 2008, 01:01 PM   #7
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
I dont know why i would need a leaf blower installed since i have a turbo on every car i own(cant count the wifes car). But ill play your silly little game, you guys were saying it was stupid and wouldnt work. Then i prove you wrong and you still want to talk trash. Will it look retarded? I dont know how it wouldnt. Would I even contemplate putting something like that in my car, HELL NO. However he believes that he can get a cheap 10-15whp by rigging something up. Which as i just proved is completely possible. Just because you cant agree with the way someone else is trying to accomplish something doesnt mean it cant be done.
hey NFRTurboAP1
no one is trying to piss you off here, have a sense of humor and enjoy the laugher on this forum. Remember we're here to give info, advice, opinion, and share a good time. Many of our opinion on this topic or product is "we don't recommend it"
Lets accept the facts that it is not a good way to get your car boosted. Yes it's easy to do in your garage, but you gotta remember that if the car is taking in more air, it should be taking in more fuel also, or detonation will occur. It's just plain simple advice and opinion from us. We don't recommend it. Now if you throw some management on with it, maybe a wideband to see the AFR since we already know the ratio won't be consistant. I'll bow to anyone that does this. Now untie your balls out of that knot, and enjoy the laughter bud. Thanks for the video, they were interesting.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 5th, 2008, 01:40 PM   #8
Very Inspired

Send a message via AIM to haiyter
the thing is, An electric blower is not going to blow fast and hard enough for any force induction. your car would be sucking air faster than what the electric blow
haiyter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 5th, 2008, 02:17 PM   #9
User not found

this thread blows.....
Old March 5th, 2008, 02:52 PM   #10

I want one....

Hahahahaha, sorry, you (NFRTurboAP1) are right, that's something quite common in forums, there are lots of "negative" comments without support, but there are comments as the last from nighthawk04v6 and haiyter that explains the "why" of negatives....

This is all about learn, share and have fun...
Demov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 5th, 2008, 05:24 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to 99VTECCoupe
Only a homo EP3 owner would dub alanis morisette over a dyno video.
99VTECCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 06:53 AM   #12

Quote:
I dont know why i would need a leaf blower installed since i have a turbo on every car i own(cant count the wifes car). But ill play your silly little game, you guys were saying it was stupid and wouldnt work. I post a link of someone ACTUALLY DYNOING a car with a leaf blower and PROVING it makes power and you still want to talk trash. Will it look retarded? I dont know how it wouldnt. Would I even contemplate putting something like that in my car, HELL NO. However he believes that he can get a cheap 10-15whp by rigging something up. Which as i just proved is completely possible. Just because you cant agree with the way someone else is trying to accomplish something doesnt mean it cant be done.
meh, that leaf blower would have to be pushing some serious CFM to make any kind of power.

electric supercharger? It'd require more power to run and produce horsepower than the alternator can put out, which would require additional batteries, etc.

It's not efficient enough to be useful.

I'm all for finding alternate and cheaper means of horsepower, but you know as well as I do that horsepower costs money......so the question begs, how fast do you wanna go?
chimmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 07:41 AM   #13

Send a message via AIM to 99VTECCoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiyter View Post
the thing is, An electric blower is not going to blow fast and hard enough for any force induction. your car would be sucking air faster than what the electric blow
Well obviously that's not true if there were dyno proven gains...I could run through the calculation but it doesn't really matter.

The simple fact is that electric supercharging or anything non-engine (or exhaustin the case of a turbo)driven requires more energy than it produces. A leaf blower may add 10HP, but you're burning 10 gallons of 2 stroke gas an hour to get that power. It's simply irrelevant because it uses far more energy than it creates. I could put a 100,000 lbf thrust GE Jet Turbine engine in my intake, does that prove anything?
99VTECCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 08:51 AM   #14

Lol in my defence i enjoy seeing some one else thinking that there is a chance and yes the leaf blower is basically what i am doing i know but with the chance of a new car a round the bend i figure why not try it atleast once i already have dyno's and other events for my products testing to see if i am gaining or loseing. Also to answer the people talking about serious CFM. Your standard turbo only places about 500-600 cfm at about 6-7 pounds of boost. Which is about 100 or so cfm per pound of boost. But the common leaf blower puts out around 200-300 cfm and as in the video he gains roughly 40 hp on the civic SI now i have created a blower unit that pushes 270 and a second one that pushes 440 or so cfm which i think is a fair amount and it should not over load my motor on any level seeing as that a stock motor should be able to hold 5 pounds worth of boost and about 600 cfm from a turbo or S/C. Now with all of that said the motors i am using are 12v motor so i am not draining any power of my battery that my car cant handle. Like i said in my first thread i am really considering this working and have done a lot of resaerch. The threads already posted are all for 6th gen and a lot of four bangers. Which my car is not either of. And like i said i am dynoing my car with the product on and off and doing multiple runs with them. To control it I have switches that i have placed in my car along with a speed control knob. So i would like to hear what others ideas people have and the mocking is funny but if it works what then? Lol always worth a try right. Thanks for someone supporting me =) Lol becuase i am no longer at my post limit i cant post the links to prove my number email and ask me i can send em to you.
cmt7011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:01 AM   #15
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Listen hear 7th gen i had a homade PVC pipe CAI and i have a vacuum motor on it for my 6th gen and it boosted my horsepower enough to beat anothe accord that could beat me. it had headers and I was stock and i couldnt beat him with the CAI so i bought an elbow pipe and made this

You can hate all you want but it proved to me that this $22 home made design sent me from a car length behind to 2 car legnths ahead so chew on that and dont reply like a lawry .....but now i got a REAL turbo
skatingclaybird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:06 AM   #16

Lol i am not going to complain i mean it kinda proves me right in what i am doing your average vaccum motor only puts out about 40-70cfm depending on the room given for it to suck in air lol i actually know this becuase i started with a vaccum motor first.
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:06 AM   #17
User not found

all i got to say is this... maybe you should just trade in your honda for a Hyundai
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:10 AM   #18

Lol also i like the design lol it is exactly how i made mine with the vaccum motor but i figured i would want more push then the vaccum motor could give me so i actually created my own.
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:11 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatingclaybird View Post
Listen hear 7th gen i had a homade PVC pipe CAI and i have a vacuum motor on it for my 6th gen and it boosted my horsepower enough to beat anothe accord that could beat me. it had headers and I was stock and i couldnt beat him with the CAI so i bought an elbow pipe and made this

You can hate all you want but it proved to me that this $22 home made design sent me from a car length behind to 2 car legnths ahead so chew on that and dont reply like a lawry .....but now i got a REAL turbo
Uh, I'm gonna go with inconsistency in driving over a PVC ghetto CAI bringing you from 1 car behind to 2 ahead. 2 carlengths is pretty significant....
chimmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:14 AM   #20

Lol and its funny you say trade in for a hyundai lol i mean i dont trade under i trade up to the form of a Mercedes C55 But thanks for the advice i will be sure not to listen to it =)
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:24 AM   #21
User not found

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmt7011 View Post
Lol and its funny you say trade in for a hyundai lol i mean i dont trade under i trade up to the form of a Mercedes C55 But thanks for the advice i will be sure not to listen to it =)
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:35 AM   #22

lol there is no rant just simple truth
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:44 AM   #23
From J30A to 4g63

Send a message via AIM to 0Tolerance Send a message via MSN to 0Tolerance Send a message via Yahoo to 0Tolerance Send a message via Skype™ to 0Tolerance
Time for this thread to go byebye.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
0Tolerance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:47 AM   #24
Very Inspired

Send a message via AIM to haiyter
Quote:

that car wouldnt happen to be a yaris or a 2hp power wheel?
haiyter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:58 AM   #25

You really had this in your engine bay?
Lostboy013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 10:53 AM   #26
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

There it is but now mine is turboed and for all yall hatin MY BOOSTED ACCORD WILL EAT YOUR 7TH GEN HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH SO SHUT IT
skatingclaybird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 11:18 AM   #27

Lol i have to say pretty amazing just on the fact that it really is in there
Old March 6th, 2008, 11:41 AM   #28
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
I will let this thread stay open, for now. Keep in mind, that if something like this actually worked...well, it would have been done and put into mass production sometime in the late 1800s when the supercharger was invented.

I see this thread falling to the bottom in a couple days so maybe I'll just let it kill itself.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 11:53 AM   #29

Quote:

llllloooolllll that is ghetto
Trybek911V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 11:59 AM   #30

To be honest this was actually thought of and tried to put into production you can google it and find out they have been a concept for years since about the 50's but do to large cost they were never implemented or used becuase even back then it cost about 30,000$ which i dont know how many people had or have that much to spend on a preformance parts especially now adays i rather go buy another car then spend 30g's and the supercharger was ment for farm equipement not for cars untill much later on, like in the 40's when they were going to use them in military. Then they created them and people decided to put them on their cars to make them faster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in