Borla Exhaust System - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #1

Borla Exhaust System

I am planning to get this, anybody familiar? how much HP does it add to my 04 Accord EX V6? is there anything better quality and price wise?

how good is this borla?
yunip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 25th, 2008, 10:59 AM   #2

or...........

GReddy Exhaust -EVO2 Evolution

???

borla = 700$
evo2 - 900$

whew!
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:36 PM   #3
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to 05AV6
I have the Evolution System and love it, I say based on fit, finish, sound and overall performance, the Greddy is worth its weight in gold. The Borla system is very nice as well, I just feel the gredyy system performsa a bit better after being in a car with the Borla installed on it, the Borla is a bit quieter, but the Greddy has the muscular sound I love, and mated to my Injen Intake, has a very aggresive, low growl, I say drop the extra $100-200 for the Gredyy
05AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 25th, 2008, 12:48 PM   #4

yeah it is louder, do you know how much installation will be and how long does it take for labor?
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:32 PM   #5
7yr / 120K

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunip View Post
do you know how much installation will be and how long does it take for labor?
Mine was FREE and took 2 hours... but I did it MYSELF!

any reputable muffler shop should be able to do it in an hour or soo. Most around me charge $60-80 an hr labor.
Celestion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2008, 02:09 PM   #6
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to 05AV6
I paid $100 for my shop to do it, but they also test drove the vehicle and adjusted the exhaust as necessary to fit perfectly under my HFP Aero kit. The Greddy tips are also angled, and has a very aggresive look.
05AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2008, 03:03 PM   #7

The Borla is VERY quiet... There is NO highway drone and it is barely noticable above 3500 rpm. I Did notice a significant HP and torque gain.. If you want quiet HP, go with the borla..

I, on the other hand, have not heard any other systems besides the EVO2 and Borla so I cannot compare it to any others
Stevo405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #8

which exhaust delivers more power?
JDMMonkeyTuning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2008, 09:20 PM   #9
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Love my Comptech system. Mated with the V2, it sounds nice without being annoying. Gotta love the V2 growl tho.

flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:50 PM   #10
Street Brawler

No matter how much power you "feel" it's not going to be a big enough difference to matter. Borla claims 12hp btw, don't know if that's wheel or crank. At the most it comes down to 1-2 hp either way. It really comes down to sound. Go to the exhaust clip thread and figure out which one you like the most. IMO the Borla is the best sounding exhaust. It's quiet when you're just cruising so you won't get annoyed at it or get and headaches. When you open it up though, it's got the best sound out of all of them. But that's really up to you and what you like.
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2008, 11:12 PM   #11

does anybody know how much HP and torque does the EVO give?
Old March 26th, 2008, 12:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy48 View Post
No matter how much power you "feel" it's not going to be a big enough difference to matter. Borla claims 12hp btw, don't know if that's wheel or crank. At the most it comes down to 1-2 hp either way. It really comes down to sound. Go to the exhaust clip thread and figure out which one you like the most. IMO the Borla is the best sounding exhaust. It's quiet when you're just cruising so you won't get annoyed at it or get and headaches. When you open it up though, it's got the best sound out of all of them. But that's really up to you and what you like.
and dude, i see you got a AT 04 accord with the borla and AEM v2. hows the HP gain? i only have the aemv2 for now and i love it. so i wonder how much hp the borla will give with the aemv2
Old March 26th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #13

I am new to this web site, but i have found a obx from the cast exust mainafold. i don't know if its cheap or not but i do know that it takes out the two close coupled cats so you must gain a decent amount of horspower. I have my own question, i have a 2003 honda accord 6 speed manuael and want to hook up the engine, thought i have run into many problems regaurding parts, no fly wheel no turbo no super charger etc... i know you can jury rig but i want qunitay and quality. So i decied to try to start at the transmission. I have a j30a4 and would like to know if the bolt holes would line up with a nsx tramission or any other. i have a lot of pull up to 4 gear but the next two are overdrives.
hc_416 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 2nd, 2008, 10:02 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc_416 View Post
I am new to this web site, but i have found a obx from the cast exust mainafold. i don't know if its cheap or not but i do know that it takes out the two close coupled cats so you must gain a decent amount of horspower. I have my own question, i have a 2003 honda accord 6 speed manuael and want to hook up the engine, thought i have run into many problems regaurding parts, no fly wheel no turbo no super charger etc... i know you can jury rig but i want qunitay and quality. So i decied to try to start at the transmission. I have a j30a4 and would like to know if the bolt holes would line up with a nsx tramission or any other. i have a lot of pull up to 4 gear but the next two are overdrives.
ebayking90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 2nd, 2008, 01:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc_416 View Post
I'll tell you right now before everyone gets on your case, use the "search" feature! The stuff that you are asking has been covered in other threads.
BTW, hi there, welcome to V6P.net
Half-Breed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2008, 05:53 PM   #16

borla on my AT 04 v6 with v2???
who recommends this?

or greddy evo2 ??
Old April 26th, 2008, 06:12 PM   #17
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
If your biggest concern is HP gain, sell your Accord and buy an Evo or Impreza.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2008, 07:23 PM   #18
Street Brawler

I recommend it To compare it to the EVO 2, I've heard the EVO is louder, but also drones at highway speeds. Borla, IMO sounds meaner, but that's up to interpretation. Like I said before go to the exhaust clips and figure out which one you think sounds the best. HP won't be that much different between all the major brands.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...&postcount=199
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:23 PM   #19
T-Rob

Send a message via AIM to ccordpower
Borla = $636 shipped
EVO2 = $900 + shipping
What some of you dont realize is that the two systems are almost identical in sound. The Borla is just quieter from inside the car. Stand behind the car and listen to the car take off and its just as loud as the EVO2. These exhaust are very easy to install yourself. Save yourself an hour worth of labor at the exhaust shop and put that money back into your "gas fund".
ccordpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:00 AM   #20

I just got a good deal on a Borla exhaust .... Anyone want comptech mufflers with stock piping ? I believe Flyvtec has same mufflers but he upgraded his piping..

Rick
THERUIZFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:26 AM   #21

From the vids, I like the sound of the Borla best.
Accord6-6wanter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccordpower View Post
Borla = $636 shipped
EVO2 = $900 + shipping
What some of you dont realize is that the two systems are almost identical in sound. The Borla is just quieter from inside the car. Stand behind the car and listen to the car take off and its just as loud as the EVO2. These exhaust are very easy to install yourself. Save yourself an hour worth of labor at the exhaust shop and put that money back into your "gas fund".
do you have a link to the borla for that price?
Nighthawk6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2008, 09:11 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk6speed View Post
do you have a link to the borla for that price?
+1
ilovepoker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2008, 09:21 PM   #24
Street Brawler

Don't know about $636, but a quick search found one for $709.

http://autoparts.pricegrabber.com/ex...cord/st=query/
Old May 3rd, 2008, 10:25 PM   #25

dont kow about 636$ but i found

$653 shipped

http://borlaparts.com/product.php?productid=336875
Old May 6th, 2008, 07:18 AM   #26

i have borla and i like the sound in the garage a lot
cmplaya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #27
SSG

Just to throw another question into the mix, but what are people's thoughts on the MUGEN Sports Exhaust system vs Borla vs magnaflow vs ... Is the MUGEN really worth spending 1500, or do you get the same bang for your buck by getting a borla or magnaflow system?
AccordArmy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 31st, 2008, 04:27 PM   #28
Street Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordArmy2008 View Post
Just to throw another question into the mix, but what are people's thoughts on the MUGEN Sports Exhaust system vs Borla vs magnaflow vs ... Is the MUGEN really worth spending 1500, or do you get the same bang for your buck by getting a borla or magnaflow system?
$1500 is a lot for a cat-back exhaust. You could buy 2 Borla's for that price. I doubt there's that much of a difference between any of the major brands as far as hp is concerned. IMO, the Mugen isn't worth it.
Old May 31st, 2008, 04:49 PM   #29

i jus got my borla installed, i noticed the right muffler shorter than the left muffler, the left muffler sticks out more
Old May 31st, 2008, 05:37 PM   #30
SSG

And yet another question from the peanut gallery... Most of you as i've noticed have coupe's, would the borla, which i'm leaning towards, work on the sedan? What kind of mod to the piping would have to be done, or should I just get a shop to do the work?
AccordArmy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in