Are pro cats really worth it? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #1

Are pro cats really worth it?

I hope im not posting something that has already been posted but i didnt see it.

My question is if it is really worth getting pro cats for my 05 v6 manual accord. I plan on getting a custom J-Pipe and Greddy Evo 2 exhaust.

Ive heard mixed feelings about the cats.

and if it is worth getting the pro cats, which one would be the best bang for the buck.

Can someone who really know about it just break it down for me instead of all these different posts.

Someone please help!!!! Thanks
05v6manual is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 25th, 2008, 05:12 PM   #2
07 Accord 6 Speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05v6manual View Post
I hope im not posting something that has already been posted but i didnt see it.

My question is if it is really worth getting pro cats for my 05 v6 manual accord. I plan on getting a custom J-Pipe and Greddy Evo 2 exhaust.

and if it is worth getting the pro cats, which one would be the best bang for the buck.

Can someone who really know about it just break it down for me instead of all these different posts.

I have Richie's J-pipe and test pipe combo along with my Tanabe exhasut and love it. I know next on Richie's list is to get rid of the 2 primary cats cats and see what kind of results that he'll get. If successful you'll see another huge GB I'm sure.
civic si hb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2008, 09:20 PM   #3
CHONTE84

Send a message via MSN to CHONTE84
i have no cats at all and the greddy evoII that and a K&N CAI i'm putting dowm 241Whp
CHONTE84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 27th, 2008, 05:18 AM   #4
V6P Groupbuy Approved

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05v6manual View Post

IMO I don't think they are worth it. All I hear about them is that they keep giving their customers the run around and that their precats burn out after a year or 2. Honestly there are so many cheaper ways to free up your exhaust system. You could get a J-Pipe and a exhaust for cheaper then a set of procats.
Richie V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2008, 10:10 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to siirkus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHONTE84 View Post
i have no cats at all and the greddy evoII that and a K&N CAI i'm putting dowm 241Whp
siirkus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2008, 02:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHONTE84 View Post
Thank you for doing your part in destroying the earth
I'm not exactly a tree-hugger, but common, no cats?!
Half-Breed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2008, 03:14 PM   #7
Bobby Lane Racing

i have no cats either. Cats make your exhaust very restrictive, and because of the cats collapsing, i have toasted piston rings and am burning oil.. Making your car choke isn't a good thing to the environment either. I don't know why we got an environmentalist on a performance website =X This isn't V6goinggreen.com
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2008, 08:58 PM   #8
Street Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
i have no cats either. Cats make your exhaust very restrictive, and because of the cats collapsing, i have toasted piston rings and am burning oil.. Making your car choke isn't a good thing to the environment either. I don't know why we got an environmentalist on a performance website =X This isn't V6goinggreen.com
I'm not gonna get on someone's case if you don't have cats, but I wouldn't go that route. And I wouldn't exactly call this a performance website. It's a forum about accords. If someone wants to be environmentally friendly with their car then that's fine. You can do stuff to your car without having unfiltered exhaust come out the tailpipe. Aren't there any good, reliable, high performance cats out there? That's probably the happy medium I would choose.

And how does a collapsed cat cause you to burn oil and toast piston rings. Not arguing with you, just wondering.
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in