6 speed swap!! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2008, 08:58 PM   #1
I <3 My J30A4

6 speed swap!!

whuttup v6p me again lol i have an autotragic accord and i want to do the 6 speed swap i was wondering if anyone could help me list the parts that i will need it would be so much appreciated and yes i did use the search button and nothing came up. Also if anyone could tell me what parts i can use from the 4 banger accord so i can save some money on that. Once again i appreciate the help a lot and also what ecu would i have to use the 6 speed one or can i use another?
qnzthg89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 30th, 2008, 03:37 AM   #2
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

What gen 4 banger? And I will be doing my 6sp swap here in a month or two. And just get the 6sp ECU, you will eaither need a key already coded for the ECU, or you will have to goto honda to get the immobilizer rest for your keys.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2008, 03:39 AM   #3

I am thinking of doing a 6MT swap in my TL too.

Other then the usual parts such as:
MT tranny
clutch
clutch master cylinder
cables
shifter
MT ECU

Will also need the MT wiring harness, MT gauge? What else would I need?
lookinco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 30th, 2008, 08:25 AM   #4
I <3 My J30A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6 View Post
What gen 4 banger? And I will be doing my 6sp swap here in a month or two. And just get the 6sp ECU, you will eaither need a key already coded for the ECU, or you will have to goto honda to get the immobilizer rest for your keys.

Well i have the 7th gen accord v6 and i kno that i do not have to take everything from a 6 speed accord u kno such as shift linkage and pedals and etc. I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the list cuz i aint not to sure in what to get and i really want to do the swap summer time and come out hard. If anyone can help it would be very appreciated
Old March 30th, 2008, 09:08 AM   #5
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Send a message via AIM to slowaccord
u need to trade cars. Its not worth the headache when u can easily get a 7th gen 6 speed almost anywhere
slowaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2008, 10:34 AM   #6
I <3 My J30A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowaccord View Post
u need to trade cars. Its not worth the headache when u can easily get a 7th gen 6 speed almost anywhere
kinda pricey for a 6 speed i aint got money like that cuz i found the transmission for 600 with 50k on it allready and i really want to do the swap i just need more info on what else i need besides the basics. I would appreciat the help thanks
Old March 30th, 2008, 11:15 AM   #7
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Send a message via AIM to slowaccord
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnzthg89 View Post
kinda pricey for a 6 speed i aint got money like that cuz i found the transmission for 600 with 50k on it allready and i really want to do the swap i just need more info on what else i need besides the basics. I would appreciat the help thanks
even then i still think its a waste of time upgrading when 7th gens 6 speeds are relatively easy to find. Add in labor etc etc and im sure it would be cheaper to change cars. Plus it would be more reliable
slowaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2008, 11:17 AM   #8
I <3 My J30A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowaccord View Post
even then i still think its a waste of time upgrading when 7th gens 6 speeds are relatively easy to find. Add in labor etc etc and im sure it would be cheaper to change cars. Plus it would be more reliable
well the reliability i know where i am going to take it you can say and i know they do immaculate on there job. All i am asking for is a list of parts needed if anyone can help me out i really woud appreciate it. And for the fact about finding them is still kind of hard since the cost like 16k 15k tha cheapest i found and yeh im onli 18 i aint gonna go in debt right away thats why i asking for the info on the swap
Old March 30th, 2008, 07:03 PM   #9
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

There is a fair amount of wireing involved, without doing your oun splicing, not only do you need the engine harness and engine bay to ecu harness, you also bneed the dash harness for the clutch pedal and AT shifter wiring removal, so that is three major harnesses. Axels are the same AT/MT, but the diver side mount are all different , both upper and lower, you will also need eaither a MT or 04-06 TL intake for the butterfly valves, all clutch parts both mechanical and hydraulic, both clutch and brake pedals.

It's alot of labor more than anything else, the parts sould be around $2K-$2.5K, but find a dealership that will re-key a ECU for you is going to be a trick, and of course replacing the dash harness will be fun.
Old March 30th, 2008, 07:24 PM   #10
I <3 My J30A4

Quote:
There is a fair amount of wireing involved, without doing your oun splicing, not only do you need the engine harness and engine bay to ecu harness, you also bneed the dash harness for the clutch pedal and AT shifter wiring removal, so that is three major harnesses. Axels are the same AT/MT, but the diver side mount are all different , both upper and lower, you will also need eaither a MT or 04-06 TL intake for the butterfly valves, all clutch parts both mechanical and hydraulic, both clutch and brake pedals.

It's alot of labor more than anything else, the parts sould be around $2K-$2.5K, but find a dealership that will re-key a ECU for you is going to be a trick, and of course replacing the dash harness will be fun.
well i wont be doing the work i am taking it to a shop dont know yet but i know some great really really great ones i just need the items i am pretty sure a shop would now what to do if anyone can lists parts it would b a great help so i can get started now! LOL also what does it mean to re- key the ecu?

Last edited by qnzthg89; March 30th, 2008 at 07:48 PM..
Old March 30th, 2008, 09:47 PM   #11

Good choice swapping.
night_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 31st, 2008, 03:21 PM   #12
I <3 My J30A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_crawler View Post
Good choice swapping.
thanks i just wish someone could tell me the damn parts i need lolz
Old March 31st, 2008, 06:59 PM   #13
AccordingToSean

Send a message via AIM to AccordingToSean
i was thinking about doing a swap b4 but the only problem is u would never be able to sell the car... mabey private if ur lucky
AccordingToSean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 31st, 2008, 07:29 PM   #14
I <3 My J30A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordingToSean View Post
i was thinking about doing a swap b4 but the only problem is u would never be able to sell the car... mabey private if ur lucky
i dont plan on selling my car for a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time lol can some please just tell me the parts i need i would reallly appreciate it cause i want to get it done by the summer time
Old March 31st, 2008, 08:03 PM   #15
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnzthg89 View Post
i dont plan on selling my car for a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time lol can some please just tell me the parts i need i would reallly appreciate it cause i want to get it done by the summer time
Do you want part numbers too?
Old March 31st, 2008, 09:32 PM   #16
I <3 My J30A4

Quote:
Do you want part numbers too?
Lmao are those all the parts i need if so thanks a million lolz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in