True Dual Exhaust System Feeler - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2008, 12:03 PM   #1
Get Fuzzy

Send a message via AIM to kpdoughboy
True Dual Exhaust System Feeler

Is there any interest in a true dual exhaust system. I was talking with my friend that's made a few exhaust systems for TSUDO and he was showing an interest in doing an exhaust system for the 7th gen accord coupe V6 and 4 banger. I was telling him that a true dual exhaust system might be better for the V6. I dont believe there is a true dual exhaust system out there unless you make it custom.

Some links to some exhaust systems he's done

http://www.speed-element.com/servlet/Detail?no=167

http://www.speed-element.com/servlet/Detail?no=166

http://www.speed-element.com/servlet/Detail?no=17

TC header he did

http://www.speed-element.com/servlet/Detail?no=114

Last edited by kpdoughboy; April 11th, 2008 at 01:17 PM..
kpdoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 11th, 2008, 12:30 PM   #2
Bobby Lane Racing

true dual would be all for show, and what is there to see underneath a car for show anyways. True dual would also show a significant loss in power. A X-Pipe or H-Pipe would be way better than true dual.

and Tsudo is crap, they can continue whoring their products off ebay. sorry no offense to you but I'm just keeping my people on V6P informed.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2008, 12:44 PM   #3
Very Inspired

Send a message via AIM to haiyter
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
true dual would be all for show, and what is there to see underneath a car for show anyways. True dual would also show a significant loss in power. A X-Pipe or H-Pipe would be way better than true dual.

and Tsudo is crap, they can continue whoring their products off ebay. sorry no offense to you but I'm just keeping my people on V6P informed.
what if they use like 1.5 piping all the way? wouldnt that compensate for backpressure etc for the v6 at least? for the i4, it wouldnt do squat except for sound. As for tsudo, you know people might buy becuase they prefer cheap stuff over quality that works
haiyter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 11th, 2008, 12:50 PM   #4
Get Fuzzy

I used to think TSUDO is crap but why? I'll be honest but I dont know too much about how piping works and exhaust work but as long as the piping is done right, shouldnt that be okay? And it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the alternatives. When it's piping and exhaust, I dont really see how there is that much of a difference compared to like greddy and borla etc. I know if my friend does make an exhaust system it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper than a brand name exhaust system.
Old April 11th, 2008, 12:56 PM   #5
Get Fuzzy

Quote:

So help me help my friend make a better afforadable exhaust system. So no true dual and go for an x pipe or h pipe?
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:00 PM   #6
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiyter View Post
what if they use like 1.5 piping all the way? wouldnt that compensate for backpressure etc for the v6 at least? for the i4, it wouldnt do squat except for sound. As for tsudo, you know people might buy becuase they prefer cheap stuff over quality that works

1.5 inch piping would be a downgrade from stock and in time would make your car choke it self to death. Plug up your exhaust and see what happens to your car..

KPdoughboy I would go with a 2.5 inch x-pipe
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:12 PM   #7
Get Fuzzy

Quote:

Just curious but what bad things have you heard about TSUDO parts other than they whore their products out on EBAY and they're not a brand name. My friend doesnt really get any complaints except there was one incident with his TC headers where the MFG plant messed up on the final product but he spent a lot of time and money to correct the problem.
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:13 PM   #8
Bobby Lane Racing

ask your friend what country the exhaust system is made in.
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:14 PM   #9
Get Fuzzy

Quote:
ask your friend what country the exhaust system is made in.
China of course. Like pretty much everything else.
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:18 PM   #10
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpdoughboy View Post
China of course. Like pretty much everything else.

now i'll let the knowlegeable mechanics and shop owners answer your questions about China metal and products
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:30 PM   #11
Get Fuzzy

So other than nighthawk is there any interest in a new exhaust system? Should my friend just kill this project because it's going to be branded by TSUDO and made in China like the majority of aftermarket parts.
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:42 PM   #12
Bobby Lane Racing

the majority of aftermarket parts are made in Japan. There is a big difference between the two. Also there is a difference between China and Taiwan as well. From experience, China metal sucks, and their weld job sucks also.

especially the XS power crap, which i believe are made in china. i've seen way too many exhaust leaks from their headers, and exhaust etc.. all from the weld on the flanges =\ You get what you pay for.

Last edited by nighthawk04v6; April 11th, 2008 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: a lil more detail.
Old April 11th, 2008, 02:17 PM   #14
Get Fuzzy

Quote:
the majority of aftermarket parts are made in Japan. There is a big difference between the two. Also there is a difference between China and Taiwan as well. From experience, China metal sucks, and their weld job sucks also.

especially the XS power crap, which i believe are made in china. i've seen way too many exhaust leaks from their headers, and exhaust etc.. all from the weld on the flanges =\ You get what you pay for.
I can't vouch for the metal but i did a quick search on that and it looks like most of Asia gets their raw metal from Australia. I couldnt really find anything else except that so I can't be sure. As far as the quality of the welds and piping, from what I've just seen from other forums it seems like theyre okay. And my friend just started doing exhausts for TSUDO and those would include the 08 XB, TC, and the 08 Lancer which all seem to get good reviews. Only complaint I could see was that people thought the TC exhaust sounded too ricey. And you'd be surprised how much of Japan's stuff is actually made in China.
Old April 11th, 2008, 03:55 PM   #15
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
I can't vouch for the metal but i did a quick search on that and it looks like most of Asia gets their raw metal from Australia. I couldnt really find anything else except that so I can't be sure. As far as the quality of the welds and piping, from what I've just seen from other forums it seems like theyre okay. And my friend just started doing exhausts for TSUDO and those would include the 08 XB, TC, and the 08 Lancer which all seem to get good reviews. Only complaint I could see was that people thought the TC exhaust sounded too ricey. And you'd be surprised how much of Japan's stuff is actually made in China.
well, i wouldn't be suprised as I've done alot of business in Japan and China. China happens to be the biggest exporter as we already know. However the quality and craftsmanship of the brand name exhaust that is expensive such as greddy/trust, Apex'i, Tanabe, RSR, etc. are all made in Japan. OBX on ebay is made in china, however there is a Japanese OBX company..

Old April 11th, 2008, 04:12 PM   #16
Get Fuzzy

With all that has been said is there any of you still interested in seeing a new exhaust system by TSUDO?
Old April 12th, 2008, 11:05 AM   #17
I'm a good guy, really.

Send a message via AIM to sickv6 Send a message via Yahoo to sickv6
Quote:
1.5 inch piping would be a downgrade from stock and in time would make your car choke it self to death. Plug up your exhaust and see what happens to your car..

KPdoughboy I would go with a 2.5 inch x-pipe

yea you dont wanna go too small..but nighthawk wouldnt a better alternative be 2.25 inch piping..i mean our cars DO need the backpressure
sickv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 12th, 2008, 12:39 PM   #18

He's suggesting the 2.5 inch if you go with an x-pipe. I myself will probably be going 2.25 inch all the way from the precats to two dynomax resonators, then dual electric exhaust cutouts (for when i feel like sounding like an indy car) finally into two magnaflow mufflers.
StreetRacer4Eva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 12th, 2008, 12:59 PM   #19

I dont understand this whole "true dual" thing. In common terminology true dual can incorporate an H or X pipe for exhaust scavaging purposes (i.e. Mustang) but it wont come down into a single pipe for the length of the car (i.e. Camaro). Having a true dual as you guys describe it (2 totally seperate exhausts) is about the dumbest thing you could do. You would almost lose all driveability with that setup. It would run like hammered dog **** honestly.
bottlerocket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 12th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #20

Damn i've always wanted to know what hammered dog **** runs like. Anyways, several people have had good results by running such a set-up. You just cannot go too large on the piping, as you will lose wayyy too much low end torque as you mentioned.
Old April 12th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRacer4Eva View Post
Damn i've always wanted to know what hammered dog **** runs like. Anyways, several people have had good results by running such a set-up. You just cannot go too large on the piping, as you will lose wayyy too much low end torque as you mentioned.
You lose almost all of your scavenging ability without some sort of crossover.
Old April 12th, 2008, 03:03 PM   #22
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickv6 View Post
yea you dont wanna go too small..but nighthawk wouldnt a better alternative be 2.25 inch piping..i mean our cars DO need the backpressure
that whole backpressure thing i've never been worried about. with an X-pipe, you would see consistence smooth flow from both heads, and the X gives enough needed back pressure. If you are really worried about back pressure than I'd go with the 2.25 H pipe.
Old April 12th, 2008, 03:47 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlerocket View Post
You lose almost all of your scavenging ability without some sort of crossover.
I agree, but i still haven't decided whether to go with an x-pipe or an h-pipe. X-pipe's tend to sound a little raspier, but since i'm not too concerned with noise, i'll probably stick with that. Especially that in the past they've been shown to "flow" much better than the h-pipes(Mustangs).
Old April 12th, 2008, 04:01 PM   #24

Quote:
I agree, but i still haven't decided whether to go with an x-pipe or an h-pipe. X-pipe's tend to sound a little raspier, but since i'm not too concerned with noise, i'll probably stick with that. Especially that in the past they've been shown to "flow" much better than the h-pipes(Mustangs).
An H will flow just fine. With a 3.0L you shouldnt have to worry about the difference between an H or X.
Old April 12th, 2008, 10:45 PM   #25

^^Alrite i'll consider that also. Question do you think i should put the exhaust cutouts after or before the h/x pipe?

On topic:I think if you can make an affordable dual system, that will last and not rust away, your buddy i'm sure will have quite a few customers. Just make sure some type of crossover is included as has been mentioned in this thread.
Old April 13th, 2008, 12:45 AM   #26
Very Inspired

Send a message via AIM to haiyter
Quote:
^^Alrite i'll consider that also. Question do you think i should put the exhaust cutouts after or before the h/x pipe?

On topic:I think if you can make an affordable dual system, that will last and not rust away, your buddy i'm sure will have quite a few customers. Just make sure some type of crossover is included as has been mentioned in this thread.
its either one way or the other, you get what you pay for, if you want to go cheap then you get crap.
haiyter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 13th, 2008, 03:17 AM   #27
Get Fuzzy

Wow, I thought this thread was going to die. Like I said before I'm no exhaust performance expert so yeah, I made this thread to get ideas from you guys on what to do. I only thought of the dual exhaust setup because I thought it's different and might yield better performance. I haven't been active in V6P for a while now and when I was active it was when Sick6speed (I think his name was Andy) did his dual setup. So it sounds like 2.25 piping with an x pipe is what the consensus is?

Last edited by kpdoughboy; April 18th, 2008 at 03:08 PM..
Old April 13th, 2008, 04:58 AM   #28
V6P Groupbuy Approved

My cousin who does lots sales on ebay wanted to try car parts from China. So last summer I helped him pick out about 10k worth of headers, exhaust and blow off valves. Everything looked great when it arrived but soon he was flooded with complaints of fitment issues and cracking turbo manifolds. At first he did exchanges and partial refunds but after a few months he just gave up. I took a bunch of stuff home hacked it up with a sawzall and practiced welding it back together.
Richie V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 13th, 2008, 08:39 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiyter View Post
its either one way or the other, you get what you pay for, if you want to go cheap then you get crap.
Thats true, thats why i'm going the custom route. I'm sure when i'm done with my system it would have cost more than most systems out there, but it will turn out the way i want it and be full stainless steel. So your statement is absolutely correct, and agree that it should cost a little more to encourage durability.
Quote:
Wow, I thought this thread was going to die. Like I said before I'm no exhaust performance expert so yeah, I made this thread to get ideas from you guys on what to do. I only thought of the dual exhaust setup because I thought it's different and might yield better performance. I haven't been active in V6P for a while now and when I was active it was when Sick6speed (I think his name was Andy) did his dual setup. So it sounds like 2.25 piping with an x pipe is what the consensus is?

My friend is also interested in making a J-Pipe as well and will probably want to sell a whole kit from J-Pipe to a new cat then the exhaust system. I'm thinking his greddy sp style exhaust is what he'll use. It's his more quiet exhausts.
It would either be one or the other though. You can't use a J-pipe if you are going true dual. With a J-pipe you would be going into a single collector, where as with a true dual the only the pipes would meet/interconnect would be with an H/X pipe. So if he is still thinking of the J-Pipe, it would have to be sold as an individual piece for those people who want to stay with single piping.
Old April 13th, 2008, 12:10 PM   #30

Where are u planning to go do your exhaust StreetRacer4Eva ? I'm thinking of going to Miami Muffler a get a quote on a complete exhaust system for my car they have a mandrel bend machine.
chaqui74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in