Ingalls Engine Torque Damper Finally Available - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2008, 02:51 PM   #1
Official V6P Vendor

Send a message via AIM to peteriap
Ingalls Engine Torque Damper Finally Available

Hey guys,

Just wanted to chime in to let you know the Ingalls Engine Torque Damper is finally available and in stock.

Click here for more info and installed pics:

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...25#post1368725

visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Your source for quality performance parts!
peteriap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2008, 03:41 PM   #2

if you use a torque dampener, wouldn't you be tearing through oem engine mounts quickly?
itstahirj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #3
enjoying j36 luv

how long will this sell be going on for ?? need mounts frist then after will buy
stillloco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 18th, 2008, 04:31 PM   #4
Blue in NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstahirj View Post
if you use a torque dampener, wouldn't you be tearing through oem engine mounts quickly?
It should help your mounts.
bluek24a4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2008, 10:50 AM   #5
Official V6P Vendor

This is designed to reduce wear on mounts by helping to keep the motor from "torquing" during hard acceleration.

Not sure how long it will last but don't anticipate it ending in the next couple of weeks.

visit us at

Old May 19th, 2008, 11:36 PM   #6
Blue in NY

Ive been running a TD in my 4 cylinder for a few months now and it does make a difference. I cant say what effect its had on the monuts since I never really looked at them, but the car is much more responsive because of the decrease in the motor torquing back.
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:47 AM   #7
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee

Since my stock mounts are still good I think I'll be getting this instead of the Innovative mounts. It seems like the perfect solution for untorn stock mounts. Good stuff!!!
Accordian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2008, 06:05 AM   #8

What does this actually do? Will I notice a difference? I have a 2005 v6 auto with intake, jpipe, and soon to be exhaust. Thanks
worldon1finger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2008, 06:26 AM   #9
User not found

:o

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldon1finger View Post
What does this actually do? Will I notice a difference? I have a 2005 v6 auto with intake, jpipe, and soon to be exhaust. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteriap View Post
Hey guys,
Just wanted to chime in to let you know the Ingalls Engine Torque Damper is finally available and in stock.

Click here for more info and installed pics:

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...25#post1368725
Pyrocite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2008, 02:04 PM   #10

Posted this question in a different thread, but can't seem to find it now. What is the torque dampener installation difficulty?
superclock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2008, 02:27 PM   #11
Blue in NY

Theres no difficulty.
Old May 21st, 2008, 07:21 PM   #12

I dont try to race or burn out at the sight of a green light. Call me old but I save more on gas. Will this help me? Or is it just something for hard driving?
noslow100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:09 PM   #13
Official V6P Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslow100 View Post
I dont try to race or burn out at the sight of a green light. Call me old but I save more on gas. Will this help me? Or is it just something for hard driving?
This item is mostly for hard acceleration to dampen engine torque. So probably not.

Oh and I am tempted to call you old but I won't.

visit us at

Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:33 PM   #14

Darn it, my strut bar is mouted on that post already. So I would have to lift the strut bar up and slide this underneath? Wouldn't that make my sturt bar slanted (maybe if I stick washers under the other side......)?
Half-Breed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2008, 02:04 PM   #15
Official V6P Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Breed View Post
Darn it, my strut bar is mouted on that post already. So I would have to lift the strut bar up and slide this underneath? Wouldn't that make my sturt bar slanted (maybe if I stick washers under the other side......)?
Unfortunately, this will not work if you already have a strut bar.

visit us at

Old May 23rd, 2008, 02:11 PM   #16
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee

Quote:
Wait a second, does that apply to the stock 6-speed strut bar too or just aftermarket strut bars?
Old May 23rd, 2008, 03:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Weak sauce
Half-Breed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2008, 04:13 PM   #18
I have a MOMO fetish

I've been trying to figure this out as well. If you study the pictures, it looks like there is a strut bar there. Then if you read the directions available on their website, it mentions specificlly mounting the bracket underneath the strut bar.

No disrespect, Peter, but you and Ingalls need to sort this out because we've been aiting a long time for this and it's pretty crapy it wouldn't fit on a 6MT which needs it the most.
ExAudi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2008, 07:29 PM   #19

looks like it goes right underneath it.... no? Actually nvm, thats the stock strut that attaches to the frame, an after market strut uses the bolts the dampner uses, so it would sit awkwardly.
Jackthewack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2008, 08:49 PM   #20

I don't know why some of you guys are dying to install this item, because i realy feel that it won't make that difference to our cars.
hamoudi357 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2008, 10:35 PM   #21
Blue in NY

It does make a difference.

Heres mine:

Im a 4 cylinder with the v6 6 speed strut bar and a some what custom TD, but its the same as the one that you guys are going to buy from Ingalls for the most part. I put it on top of the strut bar cause the thought of an uneven strut bar was un appealing to me. I believe that I can even pair the V6 strut bar with the Neuspeed bar still, so I dont think you guys with certain strut bars have to worry so much.
Old May 26th, 2008, 07:57 PM   #22

slm why do you think it won't make a difference hamoudi?
Old May 27th, 2008, 05:20 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstahirj View Post
slm why do you think it won't make a difference hamoudi?
As a matter of fact you should answer my question not to reverse my question, because the one who invented it should tell us what difference could it make, but i think if it is going to help sure it won't help in improving the performance, vibration maybe.
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:53 AM   #24
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamoudi357 View Post
As a matter of fact you should answer my question not to reverse my question, because the one who invented it should tell us what difference could it make, but i think if it is going to help sure it won't help in improving the performance, vibration maybe.
I think you're talking out of your a55, hamoudi. I've encountered your posts before and you make the least sense out of all the members on this site. 99% of the time you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Unless you have proof that it doesn't work then all you're doing is bashing something that you really have no authority to chime in on. Based on other member's experiences with torque dampers it's proven to work with minimal vibration in everyday driving since it's only coming into play when really hammering on the gas pedal. I'd imagine it would be even more effective on a V6 and that's why I'm about to order it. Unless you have something constructive to say don't say anything at all because you make yourself look dumber and dumber every time you post something like this.
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:59 AM   #25

Old May 27th, 2008, 11:13 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accordian View Post
I think you're talking out of your a55, hamoudi. I've encountered your posts before and you make the least sense out of all the members on this site. 99% of the time you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Unless you have proof that it doesn't work then all you're doing is bashing something that you really have no authority to chime in on. Based on other member's experiences with torque dampers it's proven to work with minimal vibration in everyday driving since it's only coming into play when really hammering on the gas pedal. I'd imagine it would be even more effective on a V6 and that's why I'm about to order it. Unless you have something constructive to say don't say anything at all because you make yourself look dumber and dumber every time you post something like this.
Well my friend you said it ( I'm about to order torque dumber) you should not push it all the way because we are trying to understand what dumb people like you say.
Old May 27th, 2008, 11:20 AM   #27
I have a MOMO fetish

I just want a damn answer on how it fits with the OEM 6MT strut brace. Is that so hard?
ExAudi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2008, 01:39 PM   #28
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamoudi357 View Post
Well my friend you said it ( I'm about to order torque dumber) you should not push it all the way because we are trying to understand what dumb people like you say.
That makes perfect sense. Thanks for clearing that up. My god.
Old May 27th, 2008, 01:50 PM   #29
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExAudi View Post
I just want a damn answer on how it fits with the OEM 6MT strut brace. Is that so hard?
I'm trying to get an answer on that as well, but then you get hamoudi, who cant write a clear sentence to save his life, chiming in with nonsense and the thread gets off track. He doesn't even have a V6 so technically he's in the wrong section anyway, but he chooses to ignore that fact over and over and distracts those who want real answers from getting them.

So, OP, for those who have a 6MT with the stock strut bar, will this torque damper fit or not? If so does the torque damper bracket go on top or underneath the stock strut bar?
Old May 27th, 2008, 02:00 PM   #30

LOL! Hilarious! I cant provide a solid answer for you but I know Kai(Kschwiggy) had a NRG TQ damper on his V6 6 speed. He may have had it in a custom location though due to his new custom Smalser tq damper. Check with him or Paul(NVA-AV6) and they'll give you a solid answer.
Abailey4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in