my dyno - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2008, 09:17 PM   #1

my dyno

So I dynoed my supercharged accord. I started out 257.99 and ended up at 284.36 for my final run. All I have done to the car is the supercharger and an intake, emanage ultimate, other then that the car is stock. the turner tuned it to a 11.2 afr across the board becuase he didnt like that he couldnt see my timing and wanted to play it safe which was fine with me. It was around 100 deg today when I went to the dyno.

Last edited by bankrup3000gt; June 7th, 2008 at 05:18 PM..
bankrup3000gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 6th, 2008, 09:56 PM   #2
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Send a message via AIM to slowaccord
u were able to get an even a/f ratio across the entire powerband under boost?
slowaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 6th, 2008, 10:11 PM   #3

yes as stated it was set to 11.2 under load and boost, but is at 14.5-14.7 under normal driving

Old June 6th, 2008, 10:17 PM   #4
The End.

Send a message via AIM to IcyAccord
wtf 284? Well I guess that sounds reasonable considering that the J30A4 is already making 240 hp @ crank compared to the POS 200 hp @ crank for the J30A1..
IcyAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 6th, 2008, 10:49 PM   #5
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankrup3000gt View Post
yes as stated it was set to 11.2 under load and boost, but is at 14.5-14.7 under normal driving

the reason i asked is because i heard it wasn't possible to achieve this with the standard rising rate fpr provided by comptech
Old June 6th, 2008, 11:03 PM   #6

first off 74whp is notbad at all when amb temp outside was 100deg and no other major mods were done, no injectors, no exhaust nothing but supercharger installed, intake and afr tune on the ultimate and that's if you figure my car put down 210whp stock.

the 7thgen doent come with a riasing fpr like the 6thgens did, as our fpr is in the tank since we have a non return fuel system system
Old June 6th, 2008, 11:12 PM   #7
Bobby Lane Racing

pretty good bankrupt. how is the AFR above 6k rpm?
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2008, 02:01 AM   #8
Very Inspired

Send a message via AIM to haiyter
Quote:
Originally Posted by bankrup3000gt View Post
All I have done to the car is the supercharger and an intake, emanage ultimate, other then that the car is stock.
how can your car be stock if it has a supercharger with all the other upgrades?
haiyter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2008, 02:13 AM   #9
The End.

I don't see what's so hard to grasp about what he typed. Probably a typo, but that can be overlooked. Probably means that everything else.. like suspension, exterior, etc. is stock.
Old June 7th, 2008, 02:32 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to fenixv
284 is legit man
fenixv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:52 AM   #11
SSM_AV6-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixv View Post
284 is legit man
Yeah, this car is quick enough with 240 bhp.
NHB_AV6-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2008, 09:21 AM   #12

With a couple other small mods looks like 300+ is very obtainable. Congrats!!
Abailey4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2008, 09:29 AM   #13
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

get procats and an exhaust now
Old June 7th, 2008, 09:46 AM   #14
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee

Very nice numbers. ^ There's some procats for sale on Azine. I thin the guy is asking $700 for them. Might be worth checking out, although I'd suggest Richie's J-Pipe and Test Pipe and a nice free flowing cat back first.
Accordian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2008, 01:06 PM   #15

i have already paid for richies catless system just waiting for them to get here the i will re-dyno with richies stuff and i should be closer to 315 whp which is just as high as anyone else with the supercharger.
Old June 7th, 2008, 01:31 PM   #16

cool (aka: post #3)
JimiJam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2008, 04:08 PM   #17
The End.

catless = 31whp gain? (284whp --> 315whp)

Old June 7th, 2008, 04:44 PM   #18
SSM_AV6-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyAccord View Post
catless = 31whp gain? (284whp --> 315whp)
Well, exhaust mods help out a FI engine more than an NA one, generally. 10 hp for the J-pipe on an otherwise stock J30 is going to increase under boost. The stock exhaust system is pretty much a bottle neck right now. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see atleast 30whp from a J-pipe-back exhaust upgrade including the test pipe.
Old June 7th, 2008, 04:56 PM   #19

that is exaclty it, Everyone else who has posted higher number's have had custom jpipes and exhaust along with procats on some? I'm still running the factory exhaust and all my cats on my car. so for the number I put down it is a great stating point. also Im at a higher elavaltion then the guys in cali which is the only other place that there are supercharged accords that are at least on this board. Plus my tune was done real conservitave and Im running 11.2 afr across the board which is still rich, most of the guys are running closer to 12.2 afr which is a little leaner then what I'm running so they are making more power and I bet they didnt dyno there car on a day when it was 100deg outside. I also didnt ice down my supercharger or have a fan blowing right in at my intake to up my HP numbers. I only had a little fan blowing at my radiator. I wanted more realistic driving conditions( like you can have a bag of ice on your supercharger when your driving down the road any way.
Old June 7th, 2008, 05:07 PM   #20

Hey. I'm looking to supercharge my Accord in the near future. What did you do to your car and which supercharger system did you use? You're using the stock j30a4 engine ? How much was install? What did you have to move/relocate/replace ? Thanks! Very nice numbers! With mods like a free flowing exhaust/j-pipe/test pipe/injectors and another tune you will be able to achieve the 315whp you're looking for. Good Luck with this!
Z3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2008, 05:14 PM   #21

check out my other post for more info on the supercharger stuff. The install is easy and I did it my self. I think it will be very easy to get the 315 with a full exhaust setup and another tune.
Old June 8th, 2008, 04:09 AM   #22
NBP UA7

Send a message via AIM to StiLLHeRe153
yea the richie precat deletes is gonna pretty much kiss the current tune goodbuy... damn can't wait to see what the numbers come out off...286 with s/c and nothing else is damn good ****... subscribed for this one...

ps. the guy selling the procats for $700 is me
StiLLHeRe153 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2008, 09:47 AM   #23
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

hey corbitt, those are some pretty nice numbers.

i was at 308whp with my j30a4. at the time i was tuned a/f only, procats, comptech exhaust, with stock jpipe in 70deg weather, so those numbers are spot on IMO. your loosing 5-7whp with the 100temp alone.

as for opening up the exhaust, you will gain, but 30whp might be stretching it. i'd say more like 20 whp tops with jpipe, exhaust and cat-deletes. being SC'd, exhaust mods wont yeild the same gains as the NA guys, thats a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0
Hey. I'm looking to supercharge my Accord in the near future. What did you do to your car and which supercharger system did you use? You're using the stock j30a4 engine ? How much was install? What did you have to move/relocate/replace ? Thanks! Very nice numbers! With mods like a free flowing exhaust/j-pipe/test pipe/injectors and another tune you will be able to achieve the 315whp you're looking for. Good Luck with this!
here is my supercharger thread. everything you need to know is right here

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...harged+7th+gen
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2008, 10:49 AM   #24

thanks sean my car was also run on a dynojet dyno if anyone cared.
Old June 8th, 2008, 11:06 AM   #25
SSM_AV6-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04accordcpe View Post
being SC'd, exhaust mods wont yeild the same gains as the NA guys, thats a fact.
What is the logic? You're forcing more air through the engine than it could probably pump NA, which means the stock exhaust will have more backpressure because of the increased amount of exhaust being expelled, right? I know you're more knowledgeable than I am, I just don't get how boosted cars normally see larger gains from basic intake/exhaust mods but the Accord won't. The only experience I have is when I put a KN drop in filter in my otherwise stock turbo DSM and I could instantly feel a noticeable difference in torque in all gears. Enlighten me
Old June 8th, 2008, 04:47 PM   #26
Bobby Lane Racing

hey bankrup, post some pictures of the graph, especially a/f graph. i'd like to see the curve on the mixture
Old June 8th, 2008, 05:34 PM   #27

the only graph I have is the hp as the shop that has the dyno there system doesnt support the wide band, or the dumb*** lost it over the years. Really all the shop did was roll my car I had another friend do my tuning. When I have time to install the rest of my stuff I will be going to another shop who has a much better dyno were I can get more then just the HP graph, then I will post those
Old June 8th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #28
Bobby Lane Racing

sounds good. i just wanted to know your afr above 6k. you tuning with emanage right?
Old June 9th, 2008, 12:32 AM   #29
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHB_AV6-6 View Post
What is the logic? You're forcing more air through the engine than it could probably pump NA, which means the stock exhaust will have more backpressure because of the increased amount of exhaust being expelled, right? I know you're more knowledgeable than I am, I just don't get how boosted cars normally see larger gains from basic intake/exhaust mods but the Accord won't. The only experience I have is when I put a KN drop in filter in my otherwise stock turbo DSM and I could instantly feel a noticeable difference in torque in all gears. Enlighten me

wait, are we talking hp or tq?

if were talking tq, then yes he will have nice gains in the low end. if your talking hp, he'll gain, but not as much as people think. SC and TC are two different animals when it comes to exhaust modifications. opening up the exhaust isnt as critical for SC as it is for TC.

i go mostly by my own experience with dyno's and exhaust mods. i also thought by opening up my exhaust to the limit will yeild me bigger gains, since i was FI, but seeing my before and after dynos, i wasnt impressed with my hp gains at all. low end tq is a different story. ive gone through 4 different type of jpipe designs, procats and hollowed procats, test pipe and hiflow 3rd cats. all gave me different gains, but not much comparing one to another. people are so focused on whp, that tq numbers are often overlooked.

say your NA with a completey stock exhaust system and you install the procats. if you gain 20whp off the cats alone NA, you will make less than that if you were SC.

i remember a thread in acurazine awhile back when the procats were released, some of the SC guys were only gaining around 8whp after installing them, while the NA guys were gaining more than double that.
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2008, 05:30 AM   #30
SSM_AV6-6

What is a procat? Is it a higher flowing cat converter than stock, or just a test pipe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in