Accord V6 is the champ!!! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2008, 10:45 PM   #1
Registered User
 
citius_noir_AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 28
Accord V6 is the champ!!!

I've noticed that there aren't that many V6's out there (anywhere in our price range) that can take our V6 6MT. All I have is intake and exaust and I try to find a worthy NA V6. I've raced my buddie's 350z and we are dead even, he gets more bottem end torque but i get back even with him when VTEC engauges. Ive raced the new V6 mustangs and thats a joke, the only one that is worth racing is the GT. Ive raced and beat a 3000GT by about 2 cars. One of the only NA cars I believe that can put a good one on us is an M3 (around $40,000 or better) any one have any ideas? Im open for discussion, this has been something that has been on my mind lately.
citius_noir_AV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 16th, 2008, 10:49 PM   #2
Registered User
 
99VTECCoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Novi, MI
Posts: 1,781
Send a message via AIM to 99VTECCoupe
M3? A BMW M3? Holy Christ dude. It's a FWD Honda Accord, cut the fanboyism and the street racing. No one in their right mind bought an Accord over a 350Z for it's superior performance.

It's a quick car, but it's not fast, and not especially fun compared to those cars Try out autocross and driving some seriously fast RWD cars, it'll change your perspective on cars.
99VTECCoupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2008, 11:08 PM   #3
Street Brawler
 
chappy48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 523
Dude, I like our cars too, but you've got to be kidding. Stock for stock a 7th gen accord will either lose or just hang with most of the newer gen rivals. A 350z will beat us, the new camry beats us, the new g35's/g37's and altima's beat us. Now it's not a huge difference between all these cars, and most of the time it's a driver's race, but I wouldn't be walking around saying there's hardly any v6's out there that can take us. And you must have went up against a base model 3000gt because some of the higher ones are pretty quick. Oh and just so you know, you can get an e46 M3 for about $25k.
chappy48 is offline   Quick reply to this message
 
Old June 16th, 2008, 11:27 PM   #4
Registered User
 
citius_noir_AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 28
Im not saying the v6 accord is unbeatable. obviously a 350 is built for performance and our cars are built for something completly different. Im basing this from actual experience if cars ive ran with. I cant stand when you bring up a topic on these forums and closed minded people always have to bash the post to prove some kind of superior knowledge. Like i said im open for discussion but dont post up here and be ignorant because any idiot knows a 350z is built for performance and i know this. im no amature street racer ive been doing this for a while (refer to my previous posts, 450whp gsr integra was my car right before this)I was just pretty amazed of the outcome from some cars ive gone up againsed and asking other peoples input who own the same car (not to come in here and say "your stupid")after all isent that why there are forums, so that people with the same cars can discuss random topics, let me know if im wrong.
citius_noir_AV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2008, 11:39 PM   #5
LaLaLaLa
 
stupidaznmunkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange County
Posts: 4,852
Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
i raced with the new 8th gen and hung with him around a curve on the freeway at 130 mph
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2008, 01:10 AM   #6
Registered User
 
CrazyNole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 90
Beat an 8th gen V6, auto near UCF. The blond chick in a white one obviously was a sucker. She wanted me again at the next light, and I toasted her again by 2 car lengths b4 I let off at 100 mph. Also took on a maroon 2003 Mach 1 mustang. I didn't know we were going until I heard him gun it after 20 mph. We were like neck and neck b4 I let off at 80 mph, an he had this stupid look on his face like what an accord keeping up. I was laughing as he stared back. Would of raced him again but congested traffic was ahead. Maybe next time...I have some performance mods and redid the suspension. I think I'm sitting at 285 hp, maybe 300 hp w/a tune. Can't wait for my SC this Xmas.

Last edited by CrazyNole; June 17th, 2008 at 02:07 AM..
CrazyNole is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2008, 05:29 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Half-Breed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 1,611
Hey citius, the enjoyment you are getting out of your ride is the same surprise that others have when going up against the 7th gen. It's a quick car for the quasi-performance bracket. However, don't get to cocky, for most of the current NA V6's from Toyota and Nissan got us beat. That VQ motor from Nissan is king, and that new 3.5L from Toyota is nothing to laugh at (assuming they got that tranny problem fixed). Also don't forget that the Nissan camp has got mad aftermarket compared to us.
I had to realize that there's always going to be someone with a faster (more expensive) ride than mine; so I got what I could afford.
StevilKnievel likes this.

Last edited by Half-Breed; June 17th, 2008 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: trimming
Half-Breed is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2008, 06:54 AM   #8
Formerly VTEC-v6!
 
N54TT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 5,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by citius_noir_AV6 View Post
I've noticed that there aren't that many V6's out there (anywhere in our price range) that can take our V6 6MT. All I have is intake and exaust and I try to find a worthy NA V6. I've raced my buddie's 350z and we are dead even, he gets more bottem end torque but i get back even with him when VTEC engauges. Ive raced the new V6 mustangs and thats a joke, the only one that is worth racing is the GT. Ive raced and beat a 3000GT by about 2 cars. One of the only NA cars I believe that can put a good one on us is an M3 (around $40,000 or better) any one have any ideas? Im open for discussion, this has been something that has been on my mind lately.
Porsche 911 GT3. 415HP from 6 Cylinders...Can you beat that?
__________________
Garage:
  • 2010 BMW 135i (500hp, JB4 w/ E85)
  • 2017 Chevy Tahoe LT
Gone but not forgotten:
  • 2013 Honda Accord 4dr EX-L
  • 2002 Honda Accord 4dr EX-V6
  • 1999 Honda Accord 4dr LX
N54TT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2008, 07:05 AM   #9
Registered User
 
99VTECCoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Novi, MI
Posts: 1,781
Send a message via AIM to 99VTECCoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by citius_noir_AV6 View Post
Im not saying the v6 accord is unbeatable. obviously a 350 is built for performance and our cars are built for something completly different. Im basing this from actual experience if cars ive ran with. I cant stand when you bring up a topic on these forums and closed minded people always have to bash the post to prove some kind of superior knowledge. Like i said im open for discussion but dont post up here and be ignorant because any idiot knows a 350z is built for performance and i know this. im no amature street racer ive been doing this for a while (refer to my previous posts, 450whp gsr integra was my car right before this)I was just pretty amazed of the outcome from some cars ive gone up againsed and asking other peoples input who own the same car (not to come in here and say "your stupid")after all isent that why there are forums, so that people with the same cars can discuss random topics, let me know if im wrong.

Go get a ride in one of these:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nP_sAfkl8Q

You'll realize how much of a FWD pig your car is very quickly

Did you really just insinuate that you're a 'professional' street racer? No one is being ignorant but you if you're going to call the Honda Accord the "champ" after racing a V6 mustang and the 220HP (or 160...), 3800lb land yacht that is the 3800GT (non-VR4).
99VTECCoupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:00 PM   #10
Registered User
 
bankrup3000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: arizona
Posts: 363
i would like to know what mods you have that you think you are putting down 285-300hp.



Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyNole View Post
Beat an 8th gen V6, auto near UCF. The blond chick in a white one obviously was a sucker. She wanted me again at the next light, and I toasted her again by 2 car lengths b4 I let off at 100 mph. Also took on a maroon 2003 Mach 1 mustang. I didn't know we were going until I heard him gun it after 20 mph. We were like neck and neck b4 I let off at 80 mph, an he had this stupid look on his face like what an accord keeping up. I was laughing as he stared back. Would of raced him again but congested traffic was ahead. Maybe next time...I have some performance mods and redid the suspension. I think I'm sitting at 285 hp, maybe 300 hp w/a tune. Can't wait for my SC this Xmas.
bankrup3000gt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:02 PM   #11
Duplicate Accounts
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: west palm biatch, fl
Posts: 654
Send a message via AIM to sig86 cm8 Send a message via Yahoo to sig86 cm8
i destroyed a cadillac cts last night from a 15 roll by like 2 busses lol. the guy gave me a thumbs up afterwards lol
sig86 cm8 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:19 PM   #12
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
 
Accordian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,701
I wouldn't say there aren't many V6s that can't beat us, but it is fun to take on a car that most think is faster than our 7th gens. I've beaten two G35s on a highway pull on two different occasions. I don't think it would be the same story with a G37, an E46 M3 or a newer 350Z. I think our Accords are great cars but realistically we're pretty much in the middle of the pack when it comes to the other performance cars out there unless your supercharged.
Accordian is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:25 PM   #13
Registered User
 
bankrup3000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: arizona
Posts: 363
i just want to know what mods he has to be the hp range of a supercharged accord but not have one yet
bankrup3000gt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2008, 04:15 PM   #14
Honda Rookie
 
pbook4g5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by citius_noir_AV6 View Post
Im not saying the v6 accord is unbeatable. obviously a 350 is built for performance and our cars are built for something completly different. Im basing this from actual experience if cars ive ran with. I cant stand when you bring up a topic on these forums and closed minded people always have to bash the post to prove some kind of superior knowledge. Like i said im open for discussion but dont post up here and be ignorant because any idiot knows a 350z is built for performance and i know this. im no amature street racer ive been doing this for a while (refer to my previous posts, 450whp gsr integra was my car right before this)I was just pretty amazed of the outcome from some cars ive gone up againsed and asking other peoples input who own the same car (not to come in here and say "your stupid")after all isent that why there are forums, so that people with the same cars can discuss random topics, let me know if im wrong.
There is NO such thing as a professional street racer. If you race on the street, you will always be amateur. Period. Race it at the track. Then call yourself a pro.

As for the Accord V6, yeah, its pretty decent car. Very fun to drive, sporty, sort of quick, and it has some OK top end. But a speed champion? I took mine to the track a few weeks ago and couldn't put down better than a 14.6 stock. Thats just OK. I know there are other cars that can beat it.

I love the enthusiasm though. Just tone it down a little :-)
pbook4g5 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2008, 04:54 PM   #15
AccordingToSean
 
AccordingToSean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 874
Send a message via AIM to AccordingToSean
ay watch you mouth, Vin Diesel is a professional street racer.... LOL.. JK
AccordingToSean is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #16
AccordingToSean
 
AccordingToSean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 874
Send a message via AIM to AccordingToSean
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyNole View Post
Beat an 8th gen V6, auto near UCF. The blond chick in a white one obviously was a sucker. She wanted me again at the next light, and I toasted her again by 2 car lengths b4 I let off at 100 mph. Also took on a maroon 2003 Mach 1 mustang. I didn't know we were going until I heard him gun it after 20 mph. We were like neck and neck b4 I let off at 80 mph, an he had this stupid look on his face like what an accord keeping up. I was laughing as he stared back. Would of raced him again but congested traffic was ahead. Maybe next time...I have some performance mods and redid the suspension. I think I'm sitting at 285 hp, maybe 300 hp w/a tune. Can't wait for my SC this Xmas.
I cant wait to hit up UCF in a couple of days... the street racing theme seems to be huge up there, up for orientation and i swear i saw on every other a coffee can muffler slapped on there
AccordingToSean is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2008, 05:23 PM   #17
Bobby Lane Racing
 
nighthawk04v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,679
wow lot of horse powers from this guy
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #18
Registered User
 
citius_noir_AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 28
NA V6, not twin turbo or 7.0L V8s.
citius_noir_AV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:25 PM   #19
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
 
flyvtec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Chula Vista CALIFORNIA
Posts: 2,312
Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
i love my v6 6-speed too but a dude in a badazz integra hung with my azz on the freeway the other day. i'm also seeing a lot of GTOs and Mustang Cobras on the road and i'm thinking to myself those rides are faster than mine. a Ford SVT Lighting took me down. i think my car is fast but there are so many more badazz ridez out there.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
flyvtec is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:39 PM   #20
方法についてはあなたが私のお尻にキス
 
Henrys86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: west chicago land
Posts: 664
lol M3 vs AV6? i got both...M3 would be 3 blocks ahead by the time your just getting out of first gear.

one car that actually is a pain in the ass to beat (driving E46 M3)is the new IS350 not the IS-F. the IS350 is one of the hardest cars to beat on the highway yet they'er all in AUTO trans!
Henrys86 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:44 PM   #21
方法についてはあなたが私のお尻にキス
 
Henrys86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: west chicago land
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy48 View Post
Oh and just so you know, you can get an e46 M3 for about $25k.
You can get an E46 M3 2001 or 02 w/ some miles on them for around 17k now, just if you do remember you're only getting about 13-15 MPG w/ those cars!
Henrys86 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:54 PM   #22
SSM_AV6-6
 
NHB_AV6-6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 1,050
Whoever said our car is in the middle of the pack for performance hit in on the head. Our car isn't God's gift. They are fun as hell to drive, but then again so is just about anything with a v6, especially with a manual trans produced after 2002 or so. It seems like all the mid sized sedans of today are faster than sporty or sports cars were back not too long ago, the new age of pony wars is upon us. The ante just keeps raising. Yeah, our Accord might be able to hang with the original NSX and can probably tail an S2000 through the quarter mile, unless the S2000 blows the diff but compared to the current generation of competitors, it has some beat, and is inferior to others. There will always be a faster car out there. For every SC'ed Accord 6-6, there are two blown/boosted Nissans etc.
NHB_AV6-6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2008, 01:26 AM   #23
Honda Rookie
 
pbook4g5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 1,042
^^Well said.
pbook4g5 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2008, 01:04 PM   #24
Registered User
 
citius_noir_AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHB_AV6-6 View Post
Whoever said our car is in the middle of the pack for performance hit in on the head. Our car isn't God's gift. They are fun as hell to drive, but then again so is just about anything with a v6, especially with a manual trans produced after 2002 or so. It seems like all the mid sized sedans of today are faster than sporty or sports cars were back not too long ago, the new age of pony wars is upon us. The ante just keeps raising. Yeah, our Accord might be able to hang with the original NSX and can probably tail an S2000 through the quarter mile, unless the S2000 blows the diff but compared to the current generation of competitors, it has some beat, and is inferior to others. There will always be a faster car out there. For every SC'ed Accord 6-6, there are two blown/boosted Nissans etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbook4g5 View Post
^^Well said.
Dont think I could put it better myself.
citius_noir_AV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2008, 01:18 PM   #25
Registered User
 
citius_noir_AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 28
Has anyone run the new eclipse GT? I raced and beat a black one by about 1 1/2 cars but it was debadged and I couldent see what trim it was. I believe thoes cars are around 260hp & ft/lbs of torque.
citius_noir_AV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2008, 02:46 PM   #26
Registered User
 
99VTECCoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Novi, MI
Posts: 1,781
Send a message via AIM to 99VTECCoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by citius_noir_AV6 View Post
Has anyone run the new eclipse GT? I raced and beat a black one by about 1 1/2 cars but it was debadged and I couldent see what trim it was. I believe thoes cars are around 260hp & ft/lbs of torque.
Actually yeah I did...I was up about 1/2 car length from 65-100 or so. Then we were on a ramp between 2 highways that's a 40mph curve...he slowed way down, and when it went to 2 lanes before the curve I got on it and ended up finishing the curve at 100...car held like it was on rails. I could see him accelerate with me, start to get into the curve then SLAM his brakes on
99VTECCoupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2008, 02:56 PM   #27
SSM_AV6-6
 
NHB_AV6-6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 1,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by citius_noir_AV6 View Post
Has anyone run the new eclipse GT? I raced and beat a black one by about 1 1/2 cars but it was debadged and I couldent see what trim it was. I believe thoes cars are around 260hp & ft/lbs of torque.
I tried getting a new GT to play leaving work the other day. They were right behind me on the onramp, and I floored it all the way to the top of second, but I got no action According to one of the auto magazines, they run like a 14.2 quarter stock with the 6 speed. It seems like all the ones I see are autos driven by ditsy young women who just want to be seen in a pseudo-sports car.

Does anybody else think the new Eclipse looks similar to the "Batmobile" in Batman Begins?
NHB_AV6-6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 19th, 2008, 01:48 AM   #28
Registered User
 
CrazyNole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 90
Hey Bankrupt, I'm just guessing. I never had it dynoed yet. My mods are AEM V2 intake, Unorthodox underdrive pulley, Richie's j-pipe & test pipe, Greddy Evo2 exhaust, and Neuspeed SS. Redid the suspension: Tein springs, Tokico shocks, Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Nespeed F/R sway bars, Ingalls rear camber kit. Lost a lot of weight by replacing the rotors and lighter rims. Running like 14.3s at the track. I have a Apexi NEO and getting it installed and tuned hopefully soon. I'll let you know the results. What numbers are you putting down with your SC?

Hey AccordintoSean, yeah the race scene is decent here. On Tuesday nights, people meet up in Waterford Lakes Plaza near UCF for show/races. On Wed/Fri, the track is open from 6pm-10pm. Have fun.

Those new Eclipse GTs are ok fast when stock, but with certain mods its quick. My buddy owned a 2005 copper one. He had the Evo gears, ACT stage 3 clutch, Injen intake, bigger fuel rail/fuel injectors, an AEM A/F controller. He was running 12.9s at the track.
CrazyNole is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 19th, 2008, 09:59 AM   #29
Registered User
 
v6 6speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyNole View Post
Hey Bankrupt, I'm just guessing. I never had it dynoed yet. My mods are AEM V2 intake, Unorthodox underdrive pulley, Richie's j-pipe & test pipe, Greddy Evo2 exhaust, and Neuspeed SS. Redid the suspension: Tein springs, Tokico shocks, Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Nespeed F/R sway bars, Ingalls rear camber kit. Lost a lot of weight by replacing the rotors and lighter rims. Running like 14.3s at the track. I have a Apexi NEO and getting it installed and tuned hopefully soon. I'll let you know the results. What numbers are you putting down with your SC?

Hey AccordintoSean, yeah the race scene is decent here. On Tuesday nights, people meet up in Waterford Lakes Plaza near UCF for show/races. On Wed/Fri, the track is open from 6pm-10pm. Have fun.

Those new Eclipse GTs are ok fast when stock, but with certain mods its quick. My buddy owned a 2005 copper one. He had the Evo gears, ACT stage 3 clutch, Injen intake, bigger fuel rail/fuel injectors, an AEM A/F controller. He was running 12.9s at the track.
12.9? damn, got any slips for that?
v6 6speed is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 19th, 2008, 01:42 PM   #30
From J30A to 4g63
 
0Tolerance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Reno, NV now but from Riverside, CA
Posts: 753
Send a message via AIM to 0Tolerance Send a message via MSN to 0Tolerance Send a message via Yahoo to 0Tolerance Send a message via Skype™ to 0Tolerance
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyNole View Post
I think I'm sitting at 285 hp, maybe 300 hp w/a tune. Can't wait for my SC this Xmas.
N/A??? You really need a dyno slip to back up this statement.
0Tolerance is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On