Borla Exhaust Dyno Results - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2003, 05:27 PM   #1

Borla Exhaust Dyno Results

Here are the dyno results. Nice even gains.
Attached Thumbnails
Borla Exhaust Dyno Results-%5C03honda-accordv6dyno.jpg  
david borla is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 22nd, 2003, 05:34 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to 03 Aero Coupe
David, can you post the numbers? The chart is difficult to read.
Can you also post a soundclip?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

03 Aero Coupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2003, 05:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally posted by 03 Aero Coupe
I don't have a sound clip. Maybe Matt will post one for us. It's a deep throaty tone that is not much louder than stock. No resonance in the cabin. NOT RICEY!!!!

The gains are even over the whole power range. 10-12 hp. Let's call it 11hp to make it simple.
david borla is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old October 22nd, 2003, 05:51 PM   #4

How do we arrange the group buy?

I live in Moorpark so I can help set it up for us.

Old October 22nd, 2003, 05:51 PM   #5
___

Quote:
Originally posted by 03 Aero Coupe on October 22nd, 2003 at 04:34 PM

hey bro, would you mind shortening your sig, there is a special thread that we made for people to list all their mods here: http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...440&forumid=70 so you can just post all of your mods there and put a link to that post in your sig along with your picture (like I have in my sig).

This is just to make it easier for members to read (your sig is almost a whole page long).

Thanks
borinka99 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2003, 06:12 PM   #6
Shifting is fun

How much will that set us back?
sami is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2003, 06:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by borinka99
hey bro, would you mind shortening your sig, there is a special thread that we made for people to list all their mods here: http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...440&forumid=70 so you can just post all of your mods there and put a link to that post in your sig along with your picture (like I have in my sig).

This is just to make it easier for members to read (your sig is almost a whole page long).

Thanks
Done, thanks for showing me how.

Old October 22nd, 2003, 06:24 PM   #8

How much? when will it be available and can you make that dyno graph larger and more lucid?
Christopher23 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2003, 06:33 PM   #9
Shifting is fun

By the way, that fact that you are focusing on HP makes me really wonder about torque.

If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it at all?
Old October 22nd, 2003, 06:54 PM   #10
___

Quote:
Originally posted by 03 Aero Coupe on October 22nd, 2003 at 05:18 PM

Done, thanks for showing me how.
thanks, and nice car The oem kit and foglights makes the 7th gen look niiiiiiiiiice
borinka99 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2003, 06:54 PM   #11

Send a message via ICQ to slider5354 Send a message via AIM to slider5354
Hi David

Does your exhaust system includes the J-pipe? or does it connect to the stock J-pipe?

Thanks!
slider5354 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2003, 07:40 PM   #12
member: stroppy moo club

Send a message via ICQ to bored&stroked Send a message via AIM to bored&stroked
Hes not focusing on the HP only, thats just what most people care about. Im REALLY suprised you [or anyone for that matter] mentioned torque in this thread without 25-30 other replys first.

You guys need to trust borla. They won me over a LONG time ago in the domestic field. Quailty stuff Im telling you....
98 GMC 1500- so low, so sweet. Daily driver #1.
06 CBR600F4i- freakin rocket ship. Daily #2.

Disclaimer- I can't spell correctly to save my life.
bored&stroked is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2003, 07:55 PM   #13

David

Someone start a group buy when David lets out the price. I have some borlas on my Lexus GS 430.. nice and deep. but it is a V8.. hopefully it will sound alright on the 6
Tancuan82 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2003, 08:19 PM   #14
Faster???

Send a message via AIM to Need4Speed
I'd be very interested in a Borla system. Can't wait for more info.
Need4Speed is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2003, 08:24 PM   #15
I'm still not 21.

Send a message via AIM to BConly
can you post a pic of it? torque dyno results? i'm very interested, cost? =)
BConly is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2003, 08:27 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to 2003 Accord V6
How much and does anyone want to do a group buy?
2003 Accord V6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2003, 10:04 PM   #17
Banned

yeah, those results are kindda blurry! and I wonder if that was an auto w intake or a 6spd? I also would really like to see the torque curve to make sure there is no loss! for the asking price of these exhaust systems, we really need to see how they look, and perform. oh and a sound clip would be nice too!

thanks david.
HOT'03COUPE is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2003, 10:10 PM   #18

I would be interested in a group buy, but we gotta see if there are gains in torque, and see how the exhaust looks. Also, if this was tested on a 6sp or auto.
II six speed II is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 23rd, 2003, 12:33 AM   #19

Send a message via ICQ to willshire Send a message via AIM to willshire
Quote:
Originally posted by II six speed II on October 22nd, 2003 at 09:10 PM

Also, if this was tested on a 6sp or auto.
It was tested on a 6 speed.
willshire is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 23rd, 2003, 12:40 AM   #20

I put a Borla cat-back on a V8 Dodge Dakota and it sounded sweet. I put a Borla cat-back on a '98 Pontiac GTP V6 and it sounded horrible. There was a terrible resonance (drone) in the cabin at highway speeds. How does the Borla system for the Honda V6 handle that droning issue? It was really disgusting sounding on that GTP. If the Honda system sounds like that GTP did, there is no way I would be interested.
Silver '03 LX V6 Coupe, Konig "Prophet" Opal 18x7.5 wheels, 235-40-18 Dunlop Sport 9000 tires, Eibach Pro-Kit, Honda "metal-look" interior kit, manual trans shifter boot, black Grillecraft grille, cross-drilled rotors, painted 6-speed scoops, Silverstar headlights, painted rocker panels, Honda front air-dam/spoiler recently installed. Link to photos of my cars, past/present:
2003 VTEC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 23rd, 2003, 01:18 AM   #21
BANNED BANNED

Hey SoCal people, my shop can get Borla exhausts at really good deals. We opened up a contract with them and they are a REALLY good company. I would recommend them highly. Probably the best non-jdm exhaust sytem made. Quality wise, its even better than some JDM exhausts companies.
ViS GT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 23rd, 2003, 05:34 AM   #22
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
How much is it going to be? Sound clips and picture is definitely needed............ my turn of doing so..

brex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 23rd, 2003, 05:52 AM   #23
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Horsepower = (Torque x RPM) / 5252

Horsepower and Torque are both related. Since the horsepower curve of the exhaust is higher at all points than the stock curve based on this vendor dyno, that means there is a gain in torque at all RPM's. You can get the torque figures by reverse calculating. But yeah, a chart with both horsepower and torque would be nice.
SteVTEC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 23rd, 2003, 06:18 AM   #24

i couldn't find any borla exhuast on the 2003 v6 6sp coup on their website.
HUNTER4112000 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 23rd, 2003, 06:40 AM   #25
6th and BEST Generation

Send a message via AIM to tool462
Im a little skeptical on the 11 hp gain but it is possible. Make sure that at least one of you guys actually does a before and after dyno on YOUR OWN car before you all go out and buy this. After all you are looking at their own dyno that they want you to see. I have seen many dynos from manufactures on their own products and believe me , you see what they want you to see. The dynos could be done on different days , in different temps, with different fuel, MANY FACTORS. The only way to know for sure is for YOU , the private owner, to do it yourself. Im not calling Borla liars , I have heard great things about Borla. Im just saying Im skeptical.

tool462 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 23rd, 2003, 08:49 AM   #26
Shifting is fun

Quote:
Originally posted by SteVTEC

Horsepower and Torque are both related. Since the horsepower curve of the exhaust is higher at all points than the stock curve based on this vendor dyno, that means there is a gain in torque at all RPM's. You can get the torque figures by reverse calculating. But yeah, a chart with both horsepower and torque would be nice.
Very interesting note Steve, that's helpful. I thought there was a chance that torque could drop, but according to that formula, it's in the math. HP goes up, torque goes up.

Bores&stroked - I do trust Borla, My brother's got one on his Corvette. Sound, appearance, feel, all A+. I was just curious why both figures weren't posted!
Old October 23rd, 2003, 10:06 AM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by tool462
Im a little skeptical on the 11 hp gain but it is possible. Make sure that at least one of you guys actually does a before and after dyno on YOUR OWN car before you all go out and buy this. After all you are looking at their own dyno that they want you to see. I have seen many dynos from manufactures on their own products and believe me , you see what they want you to see. The dynos could be done on different days , in different temps, with different fuel, MANY FACTORS. The only way to know for sure is for YOU , the private owner, to do it yourself. Im not calling Borla liars , I have heard great things about Borla. Im just saying Im skeptical.

I second that! these dynos are very easily faked! I'm very skeptical that such a result can be achieved. I might just wait for the comptech J pipe, as that is going to yeild the best gains for sure! I don't think we are being demanding at all! 600+ bucks for an exhaust system that gets you more noise alone is not worth it in my opinion! we must see a clearer dyno, with both hp, and torque, + before and after! also detailed pictures and sound clips are a MUST!

thanks!
Old October 23rd, 2003, 10:08 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by SteVTEC

hmm...... but when you look at that dyno, even though the HP went up, on each point on that dyno, the car is still travelling at the same speed! gains in HP, yet no gains in acceleration?
Old October 23rd, 2003, 10:09 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by willshire
It was tested on a 6 speed.
how do you know?
Old October 23rd, 2003, 10:13 AM   #30
Banned

hmm........ if this was indeed a 6spd, it looks like someone did a 3rd gear pull, on regular gas, to yeild 204whp, then a 4th gear pull on premium to yeild the expected 215whp. I'm not sure about this, but, since we saw the aem dynos on 3rd gear using regular on a 6spd, yeilding 204whp, we know what will happen in that set up. we really need to see the dyno, without the stuff blurred out at the bottom please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in