With regards to the closed thread... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2008, 11:35 AM   #1
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

With regards to the closed thread...

Hmm, since the last two threads were closed earlier while I was asleep, I didn't get to post a response to all of these comments, so I created a new thread just to reply to everyone if that's okay with you guys...

To start off..

Quote:
I totally agree with you rich,
I mean there has to be more testing on this kit for you to come out say 5yr warranty. There has been no R&D yet, no dyno, no professional tune. Or time period for ware and tear. Your saying a 5yr warranty is a little crazy for this kit. I hope for your sake, that these kits are good. You may have law suits, since your standing by your kits.

Yes i bought the kit, but had it checked out by my shop, who i have know for some time now. They said its not the greatest of kits, the turbo is straight up trash. I trust these guys since they have been in the game of imports for some time now. I know for sure the wastegate and bov are straight up trash.... Also this kit is just good for the piping, everything else needs to be modifyed. I would not recomend using the boost controller they issued.. I hope that with this kit there are no problems for anyone.

I just find it strange the only one running is like bishop and capf?. They also are upgraded some of there parts.
Answer: I've been doing more time testing this kit on multiple cars actually. It's been months since I installed kits on a few 6th gens and TLs here in the Tampa Bay Area, they've all wanted to volunteer, they've all been tuned already by HLT, XAT, and a few other tuning shops a LONG time ago and have been pushing their setups ever since with no problems. You'd br surprised, there are alot more out there with the kit than there are on the forums themselves. Out of the guys here that have had their kits working so far, Bishop's kit has been reliable so far (at least a year)from what I've seen, Pimpin Ken was the first dude to have the kit on from this forum, no complaints from him; Anthony (spiceychicken014)'s setup is still running strong. Don't forget DirtyJohn over on Acurazine who's been testing his setup for the Acura TL. He's taken his to the track several times with no problems at all before he totalled his car. IN addition to them, now you have Chester, Chief, Matt, and I who are doing R&D with our cars already. You may say that I may have lawsuits for these kits, but from what I can see as long as I know I put the time and effort into making these myself without relying on anyone else, I can always guarantee my work. I bust my balls making sure everything comes out good from opening up the smaller components i.e the wastegate and BOV to check for imperfections all the way down to making sure I'm anal about my welds being perfect. If I knew the kits were complete crap, I wouldn't even bother making more, I'd just keep my one kit to myself just for ****s and giggles as a temporary fix to my boost addiction.

Sorry if this post gets long, but I have much to say... also, FYI, i'm not sure if you remember, but me, chief, and anthony did say that we'd all go in at the same time for dyno testing/results.

Quote:
Closed pending a vendor license. Joe, you need to contact Dizzy to obtain a license.
I figured I'd make a feeler thread to see if people were interested in seeing a group buy for the kit before I put down the money to get the license. It'd suck if I were to pay so much to only get no one interested. Also, I PMed Dizzy a while back, I got the contract but no response after that.

Quote:
I have yet to see a china turbo last more than 1.5 years before going, 1/3 the time taking the engine with it. Joe, I love your enthusiasum, but like others have said, please don't make promises on product that is know to fail and that you yourself do not get the equvelant warrenty from. Let's not even mention that most aftermarket exhaust piping doesn't last 5 years eaither, this includes the J-Pipes from Richie, XS, Greedy, ect. I am not trying to be a **** here, agin I like your enthesiaum and willingness to try to make things happen, but please be careful, these are other peoples cars here.
I'll have to take pictures for you for the kits i've seen around here then. There's 1 TL here that has had the XS power kit on for several years now, the only thing that has gone bad on it was the gasket that that sits between the downpipe and flex pipe. There are several H22s and F23s up north that are in the constant snow and salt, I have yet to see them fail (2 years and counting). Once again, sorry if I may look "foolish" for adding such a warranty to a chinese product, but from my experiences with others and from what I've seen, all of that led to my confidence behind it. Would you want me to send you a kit so you can try it out for yourself and see what you think of it?

Quote:
REAL LIFE EXAMPLE: my greddy evo 1's. After several thousand miles and many years (but no salt corrosion), the piping broke where it splits into a "y."

And that was GREDDY. Alot more engineering went into that than this ebay kit.

And i know I and others have asked about 7000 times but where is the dyno? It makes zero sense to add all these parts and not spend 2 hours on a dyno tuning. As far as I'm concerned its MANDATORY to get it done BEFORE the car even hits the street.
here's another real life story.. I bought a pair of XS-power headers for only $110 shipped. Everyone said they'd be crap, after 70,000 miles and three years later (one year in a snowy climate w/ salt roads, I have only a few scratches from hitting speed bumps. No cracks, no signs of corrosion, nothing.

As for dyno tuning, just for you guys... Although I'm already street tuned, as well as Anthony and chief, I'll go ahead and for the hell of it go in this coming weekend and get myself tuned so you guys can see numbers... better? Sure I'll risk getting a ticket or towing (expired tags), but I'll do it.. just to show you guys.

Quote:
Basically I am just looking out you and the community. I donít want you going poor warranting cheap components or running away and leaving members behind So far you have one turbo kit on the street for maybe one month.
Once again, this not the only kit out on the street, there at least 8 more of these running around in Tampa for more than several months with no problems. I've installed every kit myself for free just for R&D, the only two you guys have seen me install them visually are on chief and my car.

Quote:
I would give it some more time before mass producing a kit and maybe use some quality proven components like, Turbonetics, Tial, and Garrett. I would wait a little longer to see how things pan out first.
I never liked Garrett and Turbonetics, I've seen too many people locally having their turbos go out from those manufacturers after spending so much money with the manufacturer not willing to replace it.. these stories, no one ever hears; it's sad really. So far, the first XSP kit is pushing close to 2 years as we speak. He's a user on Acurazine. you have a couple on here also that are close to pushing the 2 year mark. have them chime on this thread, I'm interested in what they have to say.
joe80055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 20th, 2008, 11:55 AM   #2
Brad

Send a message via AIM to bdeitemeyer
I hear ya Joe. It sucked that your feeler threads were closed, I'm not sure if there's a rule against that. I understand you're not an authorized vendor yet, but putting out a feeler thread to find out if there's enough interest before going through the next steps seemed like a reasonable idea.

If you believe in the kit, then you should have the right to warranty it if you so choose. You know the risks if they were to be defective/insufficient, so if you've seen enough evidence in your own installs & word of mouth from owners, then I see no problem in what you're doing.

Good luck, hopefully the mods will reopen your feeler thread.
bdeitemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to hawk1071
sounds like u've done ur research about all of this and if u get the vendor license I'd for sure be interested in getting the kit... I have an 03 with the 6sp tranny... cant wait to see the progress! keep us posted!
hawk1071 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 20th, 2008, 01:22 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to chiefy
i've read everything... and joe everyone is entitled to there opinion, but thats wrong for closing down ur threads for a Feeler thread... just keep building up ur kits and keep proving people wrong. i believed in you and have no regrets at all.. and if something goes wrong after seeing your workmanship i am confident you will take care of it! forget all the haters.. The mods on the site are fair but shutting down joe's threads are wrong... he wasnt actually selling just trying t find out who wanted a kit..
chiefy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #5
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

I'll keep pushing for this kit... I'll keep you guys posted.

Hey Brad, when will you be home tomorrow? I'm debating on when's a good time to get my rims from you so I can slap them on to the car and go for this dyno..
Old July 20th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #6
6MTUA5

Send a message via AIM to 99MBPTL
You know you can always still sell the kit over on Redline9

Any updates on teh harness?
99MBPTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2008, 04:50 PM   #7
AccordingToSean

Send a message via AIM to AccordingToSean
what exactly do u need from the volunteer, regarding the turbo kit. I thought u said somthing about being up in UCF. and im over here right now, i'll have my car down for fall.
AccordingToSean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2008, 06:10 PM   #8
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99MBPTL View Post
You know you can always still sell the kit over on Redline9

Any updates on teh harness?
Your harness is done already. I've been busy working on chief's car so I can't done anything to mine or anyone else's yet. You'll see the lovely down pipe tomorrow.. then we slam the car to the ground!
Old July 20th, 2008, 06:22 PM   #9
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordingToSean View Post
what exactly do u need from the volunteer, regarding the turbo kit. I thought u said somthing about being up in UCF. and im over here right now, i'll have my car down for fall.
Yeah, I was looking at UCF for tuition reasons, I should be there this coming spring of 2009

I just have to measure 4 things: how the downpipe should be routed, the flex pipe, shortening the y-pipe, and charge pipes.. that's about it.

FYI: Although people have said that the e-manage blue doesnt work well with the 7th gen's sensors, I've been doing pretty good without any hassles so far so I'll stick with the e-manage blue for now unless the person chooses to use the ultimate
Old July 20th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #10

another factor

another factor that nobody realizes, wear and tear will be different because, not everyone knows how to take care of their
vehicle, i have a friend who has a turbo setup and treats it like crap... he jumps in(no warm up i might add) and hauls
a-ss down the road... and then turns off the car...
no setup, no matter how good it is, will withstand that kind
of abuse...just my thoughts on the matter..
keep on keepin on joe!!! yr a true pioneer!!!
caseythesnake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2008, 06:47 PM   #11
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseythesnake View Post
another factor that nobody realizes, wear and tear will be different because, not everyone knows how to take care of their
vehicle, i have a friend who has a turbo setup and treats it like crap... he jumps in(no warm up i might add) and hauls
a-ss down the road... and then turns off the car...
no setup, no matter how good it is, will withstand that kind
of abuse...just my thoughts on the matter..
keep on keepin on joe!!! yr a true pioneer!!!
I take it he doesn't have a honda/acura?..lol usually, you can't really haul ass (the ecu doesn't let you) until the engine's warm... and it sounds like he doesn't use a turbo timer (even if he has one) since it'll idle for a while before the car shuts off. lol

I'll keep pushing for the kits.. if not here, then ebay... I just wanted to do them here since they're a hell of alot cheaper via groupbuy.
Old July 20th, 2008, 06:56 PM   #12
ILUVBOX

Just keep us posted with updates on your project, I'm sure there are a bunch of people in the shadows waiting to hear that the group buy is a go.

Get a good product together and let us know.
BoxKing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2008, 07:40 PM   #13
6MTUA5

Send a message via AIM to 99MBPTL
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe80055 View Post
Your harness is done already. I've been busy working on chief's car so I can't done anything to mine or anyone else's yet. You'll see the lovely down pipe tomorrow.. then we slam the car to the ground!
You think you can get it up here? I'll have payment ready on Friday.
99MBPTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 21st, 2008, 10:01 AM   #14
Boosted Family Sedan

Joe man do what you do. If u stand behind your work then make it happen. Theres alot of hate on this forum which is why i post so rare now. A year ago i had haters sayin my shyt wasnt gone work. Well im still boosted. So ima tell u like i tell my soldiers

"U are the subject matter expert. People are coming to you for help. So do what you know how to do"!!!

But on the flip be ready to get ya ass handed to you if things aint right.
Bishop9D4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 21st, 2008, 10:41 AM   #15

Send a message via AIM to chiefy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop9D4 View Post
Joe man do what you do. If u stand behind your work then make it happen. Theres alot of hate on this forum which is why i post so rare now. A year ago i had haters sayin my shyt wasnt gone work. Well im still boosted. So ima tell u like i tell my soldiers

"U are the subject matter expert. People are coming to you for help. So do what you know how to do"!!!

But on the flip be ready to get ya ass handed to you if things aint right.
well said Bishop... oh yeah i dont need the pics joe and i went a new route
chiefy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 21st, 2008, 03:16 PM   #16
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

Thanks for the support guys... if anyone wants a kit, I won't bother posting a feeler thread since it'll get bashed again, just PM me.

Also, we finished the downpipe today.. it's LOVELY not having to worry about driveways and super speed bumps

Pics on the way later today...
Old July 21st, 2008, 03:21 PM   #17
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

Also, I'm prepared for anything that happens if the kit ****s the bed.. hence the warranty... but from all of the revisions, modifications, and room for upgradability, I'm all for mass producing this kit. I have a few volunteers for the 7th gen as well which is a good thing and then I'll be using a crazier setup for the 8th gen eventually.

Also... shonda, if you see this, I'll post a pic for you, pay close attention to the picture i'll be posting on your thread.. this will help you with your twin turbo setup... although threads do get shut down, I'll still help a few people on this site.
Old July 21st, 2008, 08:44 PM   #18
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

Alright guys.... this is the last collection of pictures I'll be posting on here for the kit... I've posted this in the other thread, but just for the hell of it, I'll post it here to keep the 7th gen guys updated:

Quote:
Done:

You guys only get to see three pics...

Above:

Front end shot:

And below... note, NO PIPES.

The car can easily drop another 3" without scraping against anything.

Created the downpipe in three detatchable pieces so that later on, when it comes time for a ATF fluid change or 6-speed conversion, the pipe can be easily taken apart and put back together in under 15 mins. The great part is that there's no leaks at all. Also, I heat wrapped all of the electrical wiring with heat resistant film (rated to 1,500 F) so everything's nice and protected.

The heat wrap comes in later this week... We'll be removing the piping to wrap it up. Other than that, the kit's complete
Now currently searching for a local dyno... for all of you that've sent me PMs, they've been replied.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 11:48 AM   #19
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

For all of those 7th gen AV6's in the Orlando/Melbourne/Lakeland area, if you're free one day and can help me with test fitting the turbo kit and taking measurements, let me know and if chief permits, we could have a mini meet.. I'll pay for everything. Chief, when you see this post, PM me or just call the house phone. lol I'm pushing for kits for these 7th gens, I have an offer for you..
Old July 22nd, 2008, 12:52 PM   #20
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

Here's day time shots of the pipes compared to last night:

Old July 22nd, 2008, 01:00 PM   #21
Brad

Looks good, if you could figure out a way to make the piping show-quality, I'd be up for the F23 5MT prototype.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 02:21 PM   #22
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeitemeyer View Post
Looks good, if you could figure out a way to make the piping show-quality, I'd be up for the F23 5MT prototype.
It's called Ceramic coating .. you know you want in on this F23-T biz.. lol
Old July 22nd, 2008, 03:37 PM   #23
Brad

I'm thinking about it. Either that or an H22, or both.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 07:28 PM   #24
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

It'll be nicer to pull on an H22.. think about it that way... lol
Old July 22nd, 2008, 08:00 PM   #25

Send a message via AIM to hawk1071
I'd pm u if i could... but haven't reached the post count yet that allows me too... lol but I can't wait for the kits to come out!! keep us posted on the progress! can't wait for the end results!
hawk1071 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2008, 08:27 PM   #26

joe i sent you a pm but never heard back from you.
bankrup3000gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2008, 08:33 PM   #27
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

send it again, I probably didn't get it.. I'll double check to make sure
Old July 22nd, 2008, 08:34 PM   #28
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk1071 View Post
I'd pm u if i could... but haven't reached the post count yet that allows me too... lol but I can't wait for the kits to come out!! keep us posted on the progress! can't wait for the end results!
post whore it up! I got the minimum amount of posts in 2 days. lol

... I've seen you before.. what other forum have you been on? your avatar looks way too familiar
Old July 23rd, 2008, 06:03 PM   #29
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

here's an update for the downpipe, the kit's officially complete. I measured the clearance for the 7th gen and 6th gens.. they're about the same so the downpipe will work for both.. here's pics below:

The heat wrap:

The exposed prototype:

Rather than breaking it down into three pieces like it was made, I seperated it into two pieces for the heat wrap:

I even wrapped up the O2 sensor's bung just for the hell of it and to keep heat away from the O2 wiring:

Installed:

I even felt genereous and wrapped the y-pipe the lower the oil temp:

Optional second turbo's location:

had to bust out the fan, it got to 98+ degrees outside:

Vids coming shortly.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 06:19 PM   #30
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Joe YGPM
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in