Exhaust Insight - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which Exhaust System Do All Of You Prefer?
Apexi WS2 8 17.39%
Tanabe Medalion Touring 4 8.70%
Comptech 4 8.70%
GReddy Evo 2 12 26.09%
Borla 5 10.87%
Magnaflow 10 21.74%
Other (If another, please let us all know what kind) 3 6.52%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:08 PM   #1
Currently Lifted :(

Send a message via AIM to AV6_Coupe
Exhaust Insight

Hi
I've been looking around this forum for quite some time now looking for a good catback exhaust system for my Accord, What i would love is to see various vids of a lot of different popular exhausts,and yes i do know there is a sticky for that but i'm unable to download from the link of all those vids as are many other ppl who keep complaining about the link not working.

So to get down to business I am seriously considering the Tanabe Medalion Touring, Apexi WS2, Comptech. But I have eliminated the Borla(Too quiet for my taste), Magnaflow(Too quiet for my taste), GReddy Evo 2(Cans are too ricey for my taste), and i am also open to any other suggestions including custom applications.
Also I would like to retain a close to oem look with the cans.
Thanks for for any help or opinion anybody can offer,

PS-I have looked through previous threads and any relevent ones are very dated and the sticky, There is no way i can find to Download those vids the whole thread is about.(So pleeeeeeeeez don't delete this thread, I am desperate for some insight on an exhaust system for my baby!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by AV6_Coupe; August 4th, 2008 at 10:21 PM..
AV6_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 4th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #2
Bobby Lane Racing

tanabe medalion touring ftw, nice and quiet, under 93db without cats. =)
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:18 PM   #3

I was wondering if you could possibly upload some vids of some revs and a drive off so I can adequately compare this to others, Because I am having a hard time finding vids of a AV6 with the Tanabe Medalion Touring exhaust.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old August 4th, 2008, 11:31 PM   #4
Bobby Lane Racing

my vid wont justify all you will hear is blower..
Old August 4th, 2008, 11:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
my vid wont justify all you will hear is blower..
Why the sad face, thats nothing but good news for you. LOL

Old August 5th, 2008, 02:56 AM   #6

magnaflows are quieter than apexi ws2? i remember having the ws2 on a diff car and the magnaflows def seem louder.
H22 VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2008, 07:09 AM   #7
Carpe Diem

Just got the WS2 installed this weekend and its pretty quiet.
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2008, 07:15 AM   #8
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to 05AV6
I have the Greddy EVO II, they are crisp and have a nice tone IMO, i'd get them, though they are among the most expensive exhausts listed, well worth it IMO.
05AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2008, 09:28 AM   #9
Bobby Lane Racing

tanabe medallion tourings are a little more expensive than the evo II. but I'll have mine for sale soon. if you are willing to wait a month. I'm doing a custom quad tip exhaust when i get my swap in.

sorry for poor quality vid. you asked for it so when i warmed up the car before leaving the shop i decided to try record something with the phone. the vid does not do justice, i have no cats, straight pipe with a resonator.. underload it sounds 10x better.. and i'm sure it sounds better without a blower.

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...04-08_2240.flv

Last edited by nighthawk04v6; August 5th, 2008 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: vid
Old August 5th, 2008, 11:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by H22 VTEC View Post
magnaflows are quieter than apexi ws2? i remember having the ws2 on a diff car and the magnaflows def seem louder.
Well its not that they a whole lot quieter, I'm just not very fond of the sound of the apexi WS2. Maybe this is just one bad vid, but its the one that made me decide not to get the apexi WS2

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...t=MOV00518.flv

Its sounds too raspy and also it sounds like the sound cuts out after the guy lets off the gas pedal in between revs.

Old August 5th, 2008, 03:38 PM   #11

oh ok. from your first post you said your looking into the ws2...anyways GL with whichever way you go.
H22 VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2008, 04:18 PM   #12
Jesse

Send a message via AIM to christlike
i was considering the ws2 as well but i am having after seeing that video
christlike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV6_Coupe View Post
Well its not that they a whole lot quieter, I'm just not very fond of the sound of the apexi WS2. Maybe this is just one bad vid, but its the one that made me decide not to get the apexi WS2

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...t=MOV00518.flv

Its sounds too raspy and also it sounds like the sound cuts out after the guy lets off the gas pedal in between revs.
I didn't want to post that vid because it doesnt sound like that at all. I need to take a video with a camcorder.
1greek4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2008, 05:35 PM   #14

^^ Do ittt!!

It is so difficult to hear what an exhaust sounds like in a video. Some exhausts sound raspy in a sound clip when they are not in person. The only way to really know what it will sound like is if heard in person. I can totally see where 1greek4u is coming from by not wanting to post that vid because he said it sounds nothing like that. Except for the little rasp picked up by the camera, I think it sounds great, nice and deep. And I think that may be one of the nicest looking exhausts also.
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2008, 06:22 PM   #15
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
^^ Do ittt!!

It is so difficult to hear what an exhaust sounds like in a video. Some exhausts sound raspy in a sound clip when they are not in person. The only way to really know what it will sound like is if heard in person. I can totally see where 1greek4u is coming from by not wanting to post that vid because he said it sounds nothing like that. Except for the little rasp picked up by the camera, I think it sounds great, nice and deep. And I think that may be one of the nicest looking exhausts also.

i agree. depends where you position your camara too. can't even hear my exhaust with the camera on the ground. my car is quiet. =P
Old August 5th, 2008, 07:25 PM   #16

Quote:
^^ Do ittt!!

Yea I did see that he wrote that on the post where i got that vid from, but at first I didn't think that there could have been that big of a difference in the vid from the real, But I do agree that it is one of the nicest looking exhaust systems available for our cars just because it looks more stock rather than riced out.LOL

Old August 5th, 2008, 10:36 PM   #17
Street Brawler

Try this link. It has a bunch in it. http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...&postcount=199
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:55 PM   #18

Quote:
^^ Do ittt!!

My exhaust makes a ticking/rattling noise in the video. I have no idea why the camera would record something like that. Oh well, I got this system because it didn't seem like much of anyone on the forums had it so I went out on a limb and bought it; and it sounds spectacular.

I think the most accurate exhaust videos are the ones where you get someone to record while you're accelerating away or roaring past. I'm going to call up richy and see if he wants to shoot some videos. Maybe he'll have a few precat deletes laying around also
Old August 5th, 2008, 11:01 PM   #19

Old August 6th, 2008, 01:53 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy48 View Post
Try this link. It has a bunch in it. http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...&postcount=199
Thanks for the link these vids are really helpful although I was really hoping for a tanabe medalion touring vid with a drive by or drive away.

Old August 6th, 2008, 05:36 PM   #21

After watching those vids, i'm actually kinda leaning towards the Borla now just because of the Borla 01 vid, the revs and the pull away sounded like exactly what i was looking for.
And also if this helps i am looking for more of a g35c/350z ish sound out of my exhaust, I'll probably go with the one that sounds the most similar to those exhausts.

Last edited by AV6_Coupe; August 6th, 2008 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: Needed to add something
Old August 6th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #22
Street Brawler

Tanabe Exhaust vids as ordered Next time though you can do a quick search and you'll probably find what you're looking for. I just typed in tanabe exhaust vid and found this thread. http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...be+exhaust+vid
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2008, 08:24 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy48 View Post
Tanabe Exhaust vids as ordered Next time though you can do a quick search and you'll probably find what you're looking for. I just typed in tanabe exhaust vid and found this thread. http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...be+exhaust+vid
Thanks, Don't know how that didn't come up when i was searching.lol
Now its between the Tanabe, Apexi, Borla, and Magnaflow.

Old August 6th, 2008, 08:53 PM   #24
Honda Rookie

I would want the touring medallion and not the hyper medallion... just a little bit more moneys though
pbook4g5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2008, 09:19 PM   #25
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
I need to update this vid, but my Comptechs matched up with the V2 sounds great to me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwBAQSClXYA

flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2008, 09:25 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvtec View Post
I need to update this vid, but my Comptechs matched up with the V2 sounds great to me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwBAQSClXYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV6_Coupe View Post
Thanks, Don't know how that didn't come up when i was searching.lol
Now its between the Tanabe, Apexi, Borla, and Magnaflow.
Thanks for making me look like an idiot, Now I have to add Comptech back to ^that list.

Old August 6th, 2008, 09:34 PM   #27
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
good luck finding one ... i dunno if Comptech sells them any longer ... try eBay ... that's where I found them.

flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2008, 09:37 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvtec View Post
good luck finding one ... i dunno if Comptech sells them any longer ... try eBay ... that's where I found them.
How much did you pay for yours by the way, the cheapest i've found is 1,070 shipped.

Old August 6th, 2008, 10:18 PM   #29
Honda Rookie

In all honesty I think the comptech is probably the best exhaust I've ever heard on our Accords, but its really expensive. The Borla I think is the best bang for the buck (625 shipped!).

my 2 cents.
pbook4g5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2008, 10:23 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbook4g5 View Post
In all honesty I think the comptech is probably the best exhaust I've ever heard on our Accords, but its really expensive. The Borla I think is the best bang for the buck (625 shipped!).

my 2 cents.
That what i was thinking, I really narrowed it down to either the Borla or the Magnaflow, If i could find a cheaper price on the Magnaflow, i'd rather have that.
And also where did you find that borla for 625 shipped?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in