Supercharger help - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM   #1

Supercharger help

Ok so i have negociated a price on a comptech supercharger 1850 it is used and on a wrecked car it was hit in the rear ends so no damage to the engine or parts. Ne ways i am about to purchase it but i need to know how much everything will cost me. I have an automatic and AV6 also has one. It come with everything but i dont know about ne hidden things to those with one let me know what you know and if it has cause problems for your car. I need to know soon. All i know about is the radiator situation. Thanks to any one who can help.
cmt7011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 6th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
Hit up some of the SCed 7th gen guys like:

04accordcpe
sleekAV6
nighthawk

I figure you will have to do some customization with radiator or at least a turn down upper radiator hose. Cost of installation if your not doing it yourself, and tuning equipment and actual costs of tuning, so around 1k
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2008, 04:54 PM   #3

the install is very easy if you need any help or have questions you can look around the forum and I have posted my number you are welcome to contact me if you want.
bankrup3000gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 6th, 2008, 06:20 PM   #4
SC J32A3 Accord

If it comes with "everything" like you say, and you know about the radiator issue, then about the only thing you need is a smaller R51 battery if it's not included off the wrecked car and the installation. Now if you are missing parts, obviously you would need to purchase replacement parts from Comptech. Since it's coming out of a wrecked car, I hope it's from an 04+ TL or Accord right? if not, it won't fit.

Other things to consider if you want a "drivable" supercharged Accord:
1. Replace the ACM fuel management in the kit with a Greddy Emanage or other piggyback system and tune it like Accord V6 400m said. ~$700-$1000
2. You'll need the FPR crush tool since it most likely won't be included. ~$60? from comptech, or ask for one of ours
3. New 2 step colder spark plugs and drive belt. ~$100
4. Since your auto, a transmission cooler is highly recommended. ~$100
5. Fluids: coolant and tranny oil if installing transmission cooler.
6. Gauges to monitor your car. ~$200-$1000 depending on what you get.

You're looking at spending atleast another $300 or so before even being ready to install the SC and anywhere from ~$1000-$???? + installation to have it fully tuned.

But in my opinion it's well worth it!!! $1850 is a steal for the SC as long as it's under 50k miles. Hope this helps!
SleekAV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 8th, 2008, 03:12 PM   #5

Yea the supercharger only has 8000 miles put on it and i have already purchased a tranny oil coller for just a random add on mod. Guage wise i will go cheap i dont want nething expensive and tuning where is a good place for me to tune it? I mean that seems almost more expensive then the whole thing i plan to install my self doesnt seem to hard to do. and yes it is off an 04 tl. Just so i am clear on the Greedy emanage i cant jsut tune it that is something that i need? Lastly where do you buy a new custom radiator or mod the original to fit. Battery doesnt matter i get free car batterys for life.
cmt7011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 8th, 2008, 03:35 PM   #6
SC J32A3 Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmt7011 View Post
Yea the supercharger only has 8000 miles put on it and i have already purchased a tranny oil coller for just a random add on mod. Guage wise i will go cheap i dont want nething expensive and tuning where is a good place for me to tune it? I mean that seems almost more expensive then the whole thing i plan to install my self doesnt seem to hard to do. and yes it is off an 04 tl. Just so i am clear on the Greedy emanage i cant jsut tune it that is something that i need? Lastly where do you buy a new custom radiator or mod the original to fit. Battery doesnt matter i get free car batterys for life.
Definitely a good deal on the SC then. Tuning... depends where you are and what dyno/tuners are around you, can't help you there if you aren't in So Cal. You can street tune the Emanage or any other piggyback yourself (I do this to fine tune my car after it was set on the dyno), I would recommend to have it dyno tuned first because it's impossible for you to drive and fine tune at the same time, plus you don't want to risk blowing your engine in the middle of nowhere while trying to tune your car. A custom radiator can be ordered through Griffin like 04Accordcpe, or you can go to a radiator shop and ask them to modify an all aluminium replacement radiator like I did. If you want to re-use the stock radiator, I believe you have to modify the bottom radiator mounts to lower the radiator enough for the top hose to clear the radiator, a few supercharged guys did that. The cost for the 3 methods are descending in that same order.
SleekAV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 8th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #7
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
lawlz... I feel as though you have wasted my time.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 8th, 2008, 06:17 PM   #8
- Leo

Damn, Im jealous, that's a really good deal for a S/C, definitely update us once you get it.
03_AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2009, 05:22 PM   #9

Griffin radiator?

Everyone keeps saying, "you can get a custom radiator from Griffin" but do you have to contact them and explain your situation or is there a part number for this particular rad?
ahhhz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in