K&N Typhoon CAI - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 3rd, 2003, 05:45 PM   #1
Car Fanatic

Cool K&N Typhoon CAI

K&N Tech Support just e-mailed me today to say they have finally released a Typhoon CAI system for 03 Accord Coupe V6.

Part #s:

2003 3.0L V6 F/I Typhoon Kit 69-1207TB NEW! Typhoon; Complete Cold-Air; Blue All, (CCA)
2003 3.0L V6 F/I Typhoon Kit 69-1207TP NEW! Typhoon; Complete Cold-Air; Polished All, (CCA)
2003 3.0L V6 F/I Typhoon Kit 69-1207TR NEW! Typhoon; Complete Cold-Air; Red All, (CCA)
2003 3.0L V6 F/I Typhoon Kit 69-1207TS NEW! Typhoon; Complete Cold-Air; Silver All, (CCA)

Just an FYI!

BTW, I just ordered an AEM V2 CAI system last Monday for my 03 Accord Coupe V6. Has ANYONE received their AEM V2 yet for the 03 Coupe? Supposedly they just received their shippment from AEM and shipped to me on Friday, BUT they have not given me a tracking # yet... very suspicious...

I wonder which one is better... K&N Typhoon or AEM V2??
sharkyziff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 3rd, 2003, 06:12 PM   #2
Shifting is fun

As far as I've heard, AEM has not completed the V2 with the member on here who is doing the testing. Until I see him come back and say that AEM has finally called him in for the final fitting and dyno testing, I have one thing to say to all the companies claiming to have V2s.

sami is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2003, 06:27 PM   #3

K&N CAI

Does this product fit both the 6 spd and Auto?

Eric

Old November 3rd, 2003, 06:38 PM   #4
Car Fanatic

Yep!
sharkyziff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2003, 10:30 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to AwSoMNaMjA
is it up on their site??....

well i got the K&N typhoon..the prototype...and i must say i like it a lot!...the WOT is very deep and unique...but at first i didnt feel n e power differnce...but after about a week...i did notice a good gain...i recomend it to everyone....even tho it is expensive.

oh yeah i got pics...just click my picture in my sig
K&N filter Cold Air intake/Neuspeed strut bar/DIY blackhousing headlights/Hid plus 4800k/Ground Control coilovers/SPC rear camber kit/custom single GReddy Evo/OEM front lip/DIY tinted rear tail lights/15in Kicker Solobaric L7/DIY Booty call/7 inch sharp screen with dvd player/215.55.16 Falken Azenis/Comptech rear sway bar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
^^^^^^^click pic^^^^^^^
AwSoMNaMjA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2003, 11:00 PM   #6
Shifting is fun

Quote:
Originally posted by AwSoMNaMjA
is it up on their site??....

well i got the K&N typhoon..the prototype...and i must say i like it a lot!...the WOT is very deep and unique...but at first i didnt feel n e power differnce...but after about a week...i did notice a good gain...i recomend it to everyone....even tho it is expensive.

oh yeah i got pics...just click my picture in my sig
If you got the prototype, did they treat you to a before/after dyno? You say it's expensive, tough to buy one because you "notice a good gain".
Old November 4th, 2003, 02:37 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to AwSoMNaMjA
Quote:
Originally posted by sami
If you got the prototype, did they treat you to a before/after dyno? You say it's expensive, tough to buy one because you "notice a good gain".
i dunno if i gotta dyno...they used my car for about half a day and some...but i didnt get to see anything that was going on...since i was off doing my own ****....provided a rental from them.... i felt a gain..thats my opinion...u might not...but thats you...and u gotta 6 speed..ur intake manifold is more superior than the auto...so to everyone that holds their own opinion...i felt a good gain...
K&N filter Cold Air intake/Neuspeed strut bar/DIY blackhousing headlights/Hid plus 4800k/Ground Control coilovers/SPC rear camber kit/custom single GReddy Evo/OEM front lip/DIY tinted rear tail lights/15in Kicker Solobaric L7/DIY Booty call/7 inch sharp screen with dvd player/215.55.16 Falken Azenis/Comptech rear sway bar

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
^^^^^^^click pic^^^^^^^
AwSoMNaMjA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2003, 07:27 AM   #8
Shifting is fun

Quote:
Originally posted by AwSoMNaMjA
i dunno if i gotta dyno...they used my car for about half a day and some...but i didnt get to see anything that was going on...since i was off doing my own ****....provided a rental from them.... i felt a gain..thats my opinion...u might not...but thats you...and u gotta 6 speed..ur intake manifold is more superior than the auto...so to everyone that holds their own opinion...i felt a good gain...
I'm glad you felt a gain, don't get me wrong. I just can't see a company putting a product on the market for big $$$ with no proof that we get anything out of it!
Old January 25th, 2004, 07:03 AM   #9
Nothing special

Send a message via AIM to blu6speed
I guess I'll be the one to bring this post back to life...K&N has released the typhoon and seems readily available. I'm just not sold on all the V2 hype (although I just read a post that will soon have dyno runs that will answer all the questions around it!) Does anyone have have the typhoon installed that could talk a little bit about it? (pros, cons etc etc)
Old January 25th, 2004, 11:02 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Redneck933 Send a message via Yahoo to Redneck933
I just ordered the K&N Typhoon for my car a week ago from Martelbrothers. I have not recieved it yet, but when I do I will be quick to install it. I will put up a post when I get it. I have the six speed so I have heard I wont get a big gain since the six speeds do have a form of CAI. I will post my findings. I dont have access to dYno so I wont have any numbers for you, Sorry
Redneck933 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 25th, 2004, 03:07 PM   #11

i think the k&n overall is better and cheaper then the v2. plus you can make it a short ram also and comes with a eo number if you live in ca for smog etc. The v2 is just like a normal cold air just has bigger piping. Aem is a good company dont expect HUGE gains when compared to a normal cold air.
v6mmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2004, 12:11 PM   #12

so basically of what I have read through all these posts, is that it really doesnt make huge gains if its the injen, v2, the original aem or the K&N correct? and also help me with this guys please, i have an auto v6 and im trying to get an aem original cai used which was on a manual, will it fit my auto?
ucool80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2004, 07:26 PM   #13

All about the same

Correct. You're not going to see a major difference at all between any of the various CAI on the market. Even over stock intakes, the benefits are hardly going to hit double digits in HP. Intakes are the first place to start with mods and thus like other mods are cumlative in nature. The only major difference I saw on the 6spds intake vs my sedan was the sound proofing or resonator. HP wise, the coupes and sedans are the same and the intake alone isn't what makes a coupe quicker.

Quote:
Originally posted by ucool80
so basically of what I have read through all these posts, is that it really doesnt make huge gains if its the injen, v2, the original aem or the K&N correct? and also help me with this guys please, i have an auto v6 and im trying to get an aem original cai used which was on a manual, will it fit my auto?
Old February 21st, 2004, 07:41 PM   #14

would an aem intake for a 6spd manual fit an auto also?
Old February 22nd, 2004, 07:31 PM   #15
Faster???

Send a message via AIM to Need4Speed
I'm going to dispute you on the fact that aftermarket intakes don't provide a noticeable gain over the stock ones. There is a good 3- 4mph difference in trap speeds between stock auto's and auto's w/ aftermarket intakes. They are also well into the 14's (LXGUY.....forgot his hame), while stock auto's seem to fall right around 15. That seems like a noticeable gain to me. Some back to back dyno runs would put all this to rest though. But until then I wouldn't be so quick to judge.

2003 Accord Coupe LX "Vicki"
V6 w/ 5-spd auto
Graphte Pearl/Black

15.093 @ 92MPH.....2.306 60' (Bone stock)
Need4Speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2004, 11:22 PM   #16

i couldnt find any seprate part numbers for manuals and autos, so i guess all intakes are the same for either the manual or the auto? Correct me if i am wrong, that the AEM CAI even though it was on a stick it would work and fit fine on my auto.
Old February 23rd, 2004, 06:56 AM   #17
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Quote:
Originally posted by Need4Speed on February 22nd, 2004 at 09:31 PM
I'm going to dispute you on the fact that aftermarket intakes don't provide a noticeable gain over the stock ones. There is a good 3- 4mph difference in trap speeds between stock auto's and auto's w/ aftermarket intakes. They are also well into the 14's (LXGUY.....forgot his hame), while stock auto's seem to fall right around 15. That seems like a noticeable gain to me.
Agree 100%.

Quote:
Originally posted by Need4Speed
Some back to back dyno runs would put all this to rest though.
Sure would.

But most people, like myself, are not spending their hard earned modding $ on dynos......

I am, however, a firm believer in the gains to be had from a CAI on these cars.

I've been modding cars for a long time, and I'm more than convinced that the addition of my Injen CAI gave me a definate and noticable increase in throttle response and overall power.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 23rd, 2004, 04:01 PM   #18

so gentlemen advice will be greatly appreciated if i should go ahead and get that aem intake that was on a 6spd before for my auto. Will it fit my car?
Old February 23rd, 2004, 05:12 PM   #19

it will fit. get aem, injen, k&n any dude. If you can get the used one at a cheap price get it.
v6mmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in