OBX Catback Exhaust - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:54 AM   #1
call me simon

OBX Catback Exhaust

What do you guys think? I was planning on getting the evo2 but then I saw this for 300. price seems a bit too cheap and I don't hear people buying OBX for the av6. Just wanted to see if anyone has this installed.

OBX Stainless Steel Catback System - Honda Accord 03-07 - Type H Style

Product Condition : New ( more details )
Warranty : Lifetime
Shipping Cost : $85.00 ( more details )

Add Tuning-Depot To Favorite Sellers

Description :

This auction is for a brand new stainless steel catback system for the Honda Accord 03-07. This will fit all models with the 6 cyl / v6 engine. System is made from true 304 stainless steel and utilizes all the factory hanger locations for a direct bolt on fit. System is built on a 4 piece design. A resonator is also featured on the midpipe to keep the cabin noise down and reduce excessive noise during idle and crusing. Please view the pictures below as this is exactlay what will be shipping to you. Lifetime warranty is provided by OBX Racing Sports.

This will fit all:
03-07 Honda Accord 6 cyl
simmykwan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:40 AM   #2
Very Inspired

Send a message via AIM to haiyter
why dont you use the research button, type obx, and find out why people dont like its quality.
haiyter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 2nd, 2008, 01:13 PM   #3
call me simon

i tried but i can't find much. i only found one person who has it and he hasn't responded so I was hoping I could get more opinions

Old September 2nd, 2008, 02:22 PM   #4
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee

I couldn't find much info on OBX either when I was searching for an exhaust, but what I did find out is that it's basically a knockoff copy based off of a Tanabe Super Medalion exhaust.

Tanabe Super Medalion Exhaust

OBX Exhaust

I've read in general the OBX exhausts seems to hold up fine for a little while but then supposedly the interior muffler packing deteriorates and starts falling out over time and makes the exhaust sound really raspy and loud. And I know you've seen the other thread talking about how it doesn't fit exactly right. It's definitely not a good quality exhaust and that's why it's so cheap. Ever since I saw what people were going through with the OBX j-pipe I decided that OBX was off the list of possible exhaust systems. I emailed the seller of the OBX stuff when trying to find out info on it and he never wrote back so that tells you that their customer service sucks, too. I would stay away personally but if you want to experiement for $300 let us know how it goes lol!
Accordian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 2nd, 2008, 02:47 PM   #5
call me simon

mmmm makes sense then. I was thinking i would be getting a chance to get a tanabe "look alike" for half the price. i guess you do get what you pay for...HAHA i would experiment but loud and raspy is exactly what I'm hoping not get. and better buy quality the first time so I don't have to toss is after a year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in