J pipe with test pipe - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2008, 07:25 PM   #1
Honda-Bob

J pipe with test pipe

I would like to know about the performance of this J pipe and test pipe.How does the car run in the 1/4 mile times with a OE. set up.Then with the J pipe and test pipe on OE set up. What is the power and torque like on OE system, Then with J pipe and test pipe.what was hwy.driving with OE.system like the power etc. and what was the MPG before the J pipe and after. I have heard lots about the noise it can make, But the performance is what i am hoping to improvements
HONDA-BOB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 4th, 2008, 07:41 PM   #2

There are many posts on this, and even a designated thread reporting the improved power throughout the powerband of the J-pipe. The low-midrange torque is greatly improved, and the top end breathes better as well. I ran a 14.3 @98.9 mph with a 2.4 60' with Fujita CAI, J-pipe/test pipe. It's a great mod and I, along with many others on the site highly recommend it.
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 5th, 2008, 02:28 AM   #3
SSM_AV6-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
There are many posts on this, and even a designated thread reporting the improved power throughout the powerband of the J-pipe. The low-midrange torque is greatly improved, and the top end breathes better as well. I ran a 14.3 @98.9 mph with a 2.4 60' with Fujita CAI, J-pipe/test pipe. It's a great mod and I, along with many others on the site highly recommend it.
x2. The most noticeable difference after I installed mine was the improvement in low/midrange torque. I've been flogging the car more often, and the MPG has stayed the same, so it SHOULD bring an MPG improvement with the same driving style anyway. This mod gave me actual discernable improvement in acceleration, something my Magnaflow exhaust didn't. You must get this mod if you do anything to improve power.
NHB_AV6-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old October 5th, 2008, 10:29 AM   #4
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee

^ What those guys said, although I felt a much bigger gain with the combo when I put my exhaust on. Don't get me wrong, when I had only the stock exhaust the J-Pipe/Test-Pipe definitely made a nice gain, but once the exhaust went on it really helped the entire exhaust flow and I felt like I had a completely different performing car from the stock configuration. I love the mid-range torque increase, especially when crusing around 45 or 50 and dropping it into 3rd and gunnning it. The car pulls like never before. Definitely worth the money and Richie is a great guy so his customer service is top notch!
Accordian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in