hondata under development? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 13th, 2003, 12:54 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to DoctaJ412
hondata under development?

There's been some talk about vafc adjusting the fuel maps. I was just wondering if hondata is going to do a reflash on our ecus like the rsx. My friends rsx has hondata and it lowered the vtec to 5200 (from 6200) and increased the rev limit to 8600 (from 7900). He pulls soooo much harder now than he used to. So does anyone know if hondata is working on our motors?
DoctaJ412 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 13th, 2003, 01:41 AM   #2
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Hondata has stated that they will not touch the J-series V6's. They're commited pretty much exclusively to the 4-bangers.
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 13th, 2003, 08:00 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to selene
bastards
selene is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 13th, 2003, 09:28 AM   #4
Traded the AV6...

There is no reason it has to be Hondata. With the right tools and knowledge anyone can update the PCM code.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...221&forumid=63

Last edited by 99%StockAV6; December 13th, 2003 at 09:35 AM..
99%StockAV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 13th, 2003, 12:07 PM   #5

I wish Hondata made a reflash for us as well...
Captal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 13th, 2003, 12:12 PM   #6
7th Gen ACcord

i wonder if they will have something for the i4 accord....
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 13th, 2003, 12:45 PM   #7
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Quote:
Originally posted by xjdMb16a2six on December 13th, 2003 at 02:12 PM

i wonder if they will have something for the i4 accord....
I don't think they do. Even though the K24 isn't that much different from the K20 in the Si and RSX.

Here is there website: http://www.hondata.com/

IMO they are making a big mistake in not making one for the 7th gen AV6 .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 13th, 2003, 04:52 PM   #8
TQ challenged

ironmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 13th, 2003, 04:58 PM   #9
Banned

where is the ECU located in the 7th gen cars?

I'm in contact with someone who says there may be a K24 hondata application, but it depends on the ECU markings.
outersquare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2003, 09:20 AM   #10
rice?..not my car...EH!!!

So there's no Vafc or what not, that can raise the rev limit on the V-6?
S.A.M6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2003, 09:29 AM   #11
Traded the AV6...

People here have gotten the V-AFC to work.

I don't think you should to raise the rev limit. Based on the damage people have done to their engine from shifting into the wrong gear I think the valves start floating at about 7,500 RPMS.

Last edited by 99%StockAV6; December 14th, 2003 at 08:03 PM..
99%StockAV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2003, 09:55 AM   #12

Yeah the engine definitely needs more revs, but I don't think the SOHC heads are really up for much more than 6800-7000. This is where the lighter valvetrain mass of a DOHC head design would be nice.
Old December 14th, 2003, 01:07 PM   #13
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
I read at the TSX forum they’re not getting an app neither. Sheesh!

Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2003, 07:13 PM   #14
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Quote:
Originally posted by Doom878 on December 14th, 2003 at 03:07 PM

I read at the TSX forum they’re not getting an app neither. Sheesh!
Hondata needs to wake up and look around. They could do so much more business if they did the K24's and J series engines . Oh well, there loss as well as ours .

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2003, 07:40 PM   #15
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
how many people would be seriously interested in a hondata reflash anyway? I mean everyone wants to new parts, but would you actually buy it if it was available?
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2003, 07:59 PM   #16

The A1 is so damn undertuned from the factory that a reflash would freakin work wonders and totally transfer the car. Could fix the extremely rich running, the timing, and they could even make a new program for the CL-S cams. This engine needs a reflash way more than any stupid 4-banger does.

As long as it was priced in the $400-600 range, there would be about a zillion people here that would get it because it would fix so damn many problems.
Old December 14th, 2003, 08:33 PM   #17
Traded the AV6...

I would pay up to $1500 for a replacement PCM that includes a knock sensor, is tuned for standard bolton mods (i/h/e) with better cams, and runs just as well as stock. The problem is the 6th gen Accord's PCM is not reflashable. A possible solution would be to retrofit the 7th gen PCM. Part costs are below (www.hondaautomotiveparts.com).

PCM $406.61
KNOCK SENOR $21.80
KNOCK SENSOR SUB-HARNESS $3.30

If I had a 7th gen Accord I would pay up to $500 for a reflash as long as it provided 20HP/20Torque with standard bolton mods (i/e).

Reflashing PCMs can be a cash cow. Once the initial development and reprogramming systems are paid for each reflash would be around 90% profit. You would just be paying for the guy that reflashes it.
Old December 15th, 2003, 03:54 AM   #18
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
Ok, I purchased a 98-99 accord v6 ecu last weel (why that one? cause I couldnt find another), and I gave it to a computer engineer, let me see what he can figure out from it. And let me see if he can reflash this sucker. I will let you know what happens. As for the 7th gen owners, you can do this yourself if you are really talented
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 15th, 2003, 08:13 AM   #19

Greddy?

I'm due to have the Greddy e-Manage system installed in January. According to the tech that I'm working with locally, he doesn't believe we'll be able to drop the VTEC down below 4400-4600 RPM from the 4800 stock level due to the aggressiveness of the higher cam...the motor just isn't designed for it intake wise to handle the higher cam at rpm's beyond a certain point. they will dyno and tune my car to go as low as they can before the power drop off occurs. that's all based on his experience with VTEC.

The biggest gains he said would be in fuel/air mixes and that while I won't be adding 25+ HP, he said that with my Injen CAI and this mod, a total of 15hp would be resonable.

He also said not to touch the rpm limit for shift points....our single cam motors will not like that at all.

again, just passing on the advice of a shop I know and trust.
Old December 15th, 2003, 09:57 AM   #20

saaaaaaaaawwwweeeeeeeeeeeettt!

Keep us posted.
Old March 1st, 2004, 09:34 AM   #21
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
Re: Greddy?

Quote:
Originally posted by pdqgp
I'm due to have the Greddy e-Manage system installed in January. According to the tech that I'm working with locally, he doesn't believe we'll be able to drop the VTEC down below 4400-4600 RPM from the 4800 stock level due to the aggressiveness of the higher cam...the motor just isn't designed for it intake wise to handle the higher cam at rpm's beyond a certain point. they will dyno and tune my car to go as low as they can before the power drop off occurs. that's all based on his experience with VTEC.

The biggest gains he said would be in fuel/air mixes and that while I won't be adding 25+ HP, he said that with my Injen CAI and this mod, a total of 15hp would be resonable.

He also said not to touch the rpm limit for shift points....our single cam motors will not like that at all.

again, just passing on the advice of a shop I know and trust.
Tim, have you got your Greddy installed? and how much did it cost you?

Thanks..
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 22nd, 2004, 08:45 PM   #22
Banned

Send a message via AIM to phataccord04
very good info...Has anyone spoke to hondata about the 4cyl reflash (K24)? If I am not mistaken if they can do that much with a RSX (granted better internals, well the motor is made for performance vs the accord) I think we could see some nice #'s, unless they have had trouble. I mean isnt Honda doing a parts bin now, with parts from the RSX, TSX and Accord, CR-V as well sharring parts?
phataccord04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 23rd, 2004, 07:10 AM   #23

Hondata already said it wouldn't touch the TSX. I don't know about the Accords.
Old March 23rd, 2004, 07:44 AM   #24
Banned

Send a message via AIM to phataccord04
Quote:
Originally posted by Doom
Hondata already said it wouldn't touch the TSX. I don't know about the Accords.
The TSX from what I read online is pretty much stacked stock, meaning any more higher rpms or too much power and things may go wrong. Thing is dont we share the same block, but we have a diffrent head? There head is from an RSX right? But a diffrent cam and ecu basically. I am a lil unsure of what sets us all apart.
phataccord04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 23rd, 2004, 10:42 AM   #25

I'd check www.acura-tsx.com
Old March 23rd, 2004, 10:50 AM   #26

Took a quick spin over there. Back from Dec:

Hey I spoke with Doug from hondata in email a few times today and he said he was going to post to this thread. Unfortunately he forgot and posted to the wrong site(the old one) so i'm putting a transcript of what he posted here. The following is straight from Doug:

A program for the TSX is high on our priority list. But...

At this point in time the equipment and software to reprogram the TSX ECU is unavailable. We do not know when it will become available -but when it does, within a month or two we expect to have a program available.

From the dyno charts I have seen the TSX, will benefit from a lowered VTEC point and raised rev limiter.

Economy will not change with any ECU reprogramming unless you drive your car harder.

I believe that the head on this engine is capable of taking the DC5 Integra type R cams, which should help the power and torque considerably.

**Today they're having problems to crack the ECU since it's different from the RSX. They have to learn that ECU and the completion of the job could take 6 mos. What this means to Accords? Maybe a totally different ECU to learn thus extending development time?
Old March 23rd, 2004, 11:51 PM   #27
I-VTEC do you?

wow, awesome post man^

thanks
Atypical Driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 24th, 2004, 07:06 AM   #28

Thanks.

Another update:

There's one guy named Stokely I think. He has a turbo setup for it but not installed yet. He needs an ECU mod to tune it because the VAFCII won't be enough to tune. It doesn't fine tune it enough like an ECU mod like Hondata. Oh and in case anyone was wondering, the original VAFC cannot be used to tune iVTEC engines like on the TSX, RSX, i4 Accord, etc.
Old April 21st, 2004, 10:05 AM   #29
DC Metro

Quote:
Originally posted by Doom
Took a quick spin over there. Back from Dec:

Hey I spoke with Doug from hondata in email a few times today and he said he was going to post to this thread. Unfortunately he forgot and posted to the wrong site(the old one) so i'm putting a transcript of what he posted here. The following is straight from Doug:

A program for the TSX is high on our priority list. But...

At this point in time the equipment and software to reprogram the TSX ECU is unavailable. We do not know when it will become available -but when it does, within a month or two we expect to have a program available.

From the dyno charts I have seen the TSX, will benefit from a lowered VTEC point and raised rev limiter.

Economy will not change with any ECU reprogramming unless you drive your car harder.

I believe that the head on this engine is capable of taking the DC5 Integra type R cams, which should help the power and torque considerably.

**Today they're having problems to crack the ECU since it's different from the RSX. They have to learn that ECU and the completion of the job could take 6 mos. What this means to Accords? Maybe a totally different ECU to learn thus extending development time?
How about the Accords though? All I want to know is if they're even going to touch it. I dont care for the raised Limiter, since I've heard on the board that valves start to float after a certain RPM, but kicking the VTEC point down is something I'm definately interested in. I've seen what Hondata can do to the RSX, but I'm not willing to get an RSX just so I can use Hondata on it. Thanks

Sig by: StumpyRSX

Need Mods installed?

Visit this link:

AV6Speed Dreamz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 10:36 AM   #30

If you want to just change the VTEC point get a VAFC II.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in