Spray kit - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 15th, 2008, 07:43 AM   #1
so JDM my blood's Type R

Spray kit

hey everyone, I was thinking of spraying my v6 6 speed. any suggestions with what kit I should go with? wet or dry? what is the safest shot I can go with 50? 75? Thanks
simdono6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 15th, 2008, 11:56 AM   #2
resident noob

this is just my opinion, but im pretty sure all cars can handle a 50 shot of nitrous. the only problem i foresee being an issue is if it is a automatic tranny, it may cause it to crap out if someone sprays often.

in your case, with a six speed, i think if you use it occasionally for some highway passing power or a little run through the gears everyonce in a while, youll be fine with a 50-75 shot kit if its installed properly
quick kid 87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 15th, 2008, 12:00 PM   #3
j35 psi 6sp

if i was going to spray it would def be a wet kit. and also be sure its installed and jetted properly or you will lean out and burn a piston. GL
capnff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 15th, 2008, 10:43 PM   #4
cunning linguist

I have run the gas on a few cars now and definately consider myself 'informed'...

I'd say you are fine with a 75shot WET. Just put on a FPSS (Fuel pressure safety switch) and you should be fine. You'll have clutch isues if you spray out of the hole (and may need an LSD) - but from an internal engine point of view, most of the kits are jetted so genorously towards rich, so you should be fine.

I'd stick with NX if it were me.

-Brian-
04 6spd Coupe-> 10 4cyl Coupe-> 11 V6 Coupe
07 V6 Auto Sedan-> 10 CR-V
Mod'd Z06 - Sold for move
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MorePower4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 15th, 2008, 10:49 PM   #5
hmmm what next?

just to give you a heads up with spray, your engine walls will be dry after every fire when you are spraying. this is not good for your engine so do not spray constantly my suggestion is to do it when you are racing only or just want to mess around for a second.
shonda1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 16th, 2008, 08:08 AM   #6
so JDM my blood's Type R

thanks for all the replies. for sure i won't be spraying on a daily basis. maybe once a week. what other mods should i get before getting the spray kit. vtec controller? sparkplugs? etc. Thanks
simdono6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 16th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #7
cunning linguist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonda1989 View Post
just to give you a heads up with spray, your engine walls will be dry after every fire when you are spraying. this is not good for your engine so do not spray constantly my suggestion is to do it when you are racing only or just want to mess around for a second.
What are you talking about? Cylinder walls dry? Below the rings should have a bit of oil as before (N20 won't change that) and above the rings shouldn't have any real moisture with N20 or without. That cylinders combustion cycle should have fixed that.

Definately do not spray constantly, but I hope no one is installing it to do that. At about $5 a lb there are WAY cheaper ways to make power if you need it all the time!

Also, I forgot to mention, do not spray on your stock or ANY platinum plug! You will melt/destroy the electrodes... Ask me how I know... That was the 1st N20 car and you pick up a few things along the way!

-Brian-
04 6spd Coupe-> 10 4cyl Coupe-> 11 V6 Coupe
07 V6 Auto Sedan-> 10 CR-V
Mod'd Z06 - Sold for move
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MorePower4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 17th, 2008, 06:34 AM   #8

I've never spayed my accord but I have had other n2o cars, your best bet is to go with 2 degree colder plugs with a wet kit, and an rpm window switch, personaly I always used the zex kit because it comes with the smart box. And do not spray in first , or off the line. My buddy had an 04 accord 6 speed and it blew up because he tryed to spay off the line, but he did manage to run a 150 shot for about 6 months, he just got stupid with it
airborne_accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 17th, 2008, 11:05 AM   #9

Is it safe to nitrous at any level an auto trans.? Just curious.
gofaster012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 17th, 2008, 11:38 AM   #10
hmmm what next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower4me View Post
What are you talking about? Cylinder walls dry? Below the rings should have a bit of oil as before (N20 won't change that) and above the rings shouldn't have any real moisture with N20 or without. That cylinders combustion cycle should have fixed that.
the NO2 burns so hot that is clears the cylinder walls of the film of oil thatcovers the walls until the cylinder goes back up which it starts to scratch the walls. look it up i am not speaking out of my azz.
shonda1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 17th, 2008, 02:08 PM   #11

^havent heard that but i know it leaves nitrogen bubbles or something in ur oil too after you spray thats not good for your engine and its recomended you change your oil more frequently
airborne_accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 17th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofaster012 View Post
Is it safe to nitrous at any level an auto trans.? Just curious.
It will definitly put stress on the AT, but you should be ok with small shots not frequently. From what I've read , you don't spray in 1st, and don't spray at speeds over 100mph.
Archangel72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 17th, 2008, 05:15 PM   #13
j35 psi 6sp

run 93 octane or higher, 2 steps colder on the plugs, and make sure its a jetted properly and you will be fine. i wouldnt excede 100 shot either.
capnff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 19th, 2008, 07:36 AM   #14

thanks for the info. i want to add a bottle but don't know enough yet to feel comfortable with the mod.
gofaster012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 19th, 2008, 08:33 AM   #15
resident noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnff View Post
run 93 octane or higher, 2 steps colder on the plugs, and make sure its a jetted properly and you will be fine. i wouldnt excede 100 shot either.

with gas prices now adays, id be running premium no matter what. 10 extra hp with no mods ftw.
quick kid 87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 19th, 2008, 09:11 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofaster012 View Post
thanks for the info. i want to add a bottle but don't know enough yet to feel comfortable with the mod.
It will cost a little more, but you can find a shop that can install it for you, much less of a chance for things going wrong. When I lived in Miami, it seems like a common thing. I've seen a ford focus even a toyota tercel with a bottle. Just use it conservitavly and responsibly.
Archangel72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in