new member in this forum. have some questions - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 21st, 2008, 05:33 PM   #1

new member in this forum. have some questions

hello everyone, i am new here and recently decided to buy a 7th gen accord V6 MT. just went to a honda dealer and test drove it last week.

probably will go get one asap. since i dont really know much about accord, have few questions.

what if we compare V6 MT to S2000 or 350z?
what size stock wheel do they have?
is there any exhaust that sounds like mugen S2000 exhaust? a little bit louder and no raspyness.
2003 accord coupe v6
jemje2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 21st, 2008, 05:40 PM   #2
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemje2006 View Post
hello everyone, i am new here and recently decided to buy a 7th gen accord V6 MT. just went to a honda dealer and test drove it last week.

probably will go get one asap. since i dont really know much about accord, have few questions.

what if we compare V6 MT to S2000 or 350z?
what size stock wheel do they have?
is there any exhaust that sounds like mugen S2000 exhaust? a little bit louder and no raspyness.
Welcome to the club!

what if we compare V6 MT to S2000 or 350z? : It'll do a good job keeping up with those cars from a roll. From a dead start you'll be behind due to their RWD advantage. Most of the time. Who's the better driver accounts for a lot, too.

what size stock wheel do they have? : It depends on what year 6mt. The 03-05's have 17x7 and the 06-07s have 17x6.5. Oops, I just read your sig and it says 07. So your wheels are 17x6.5.

is there any exhaust that sounds like mugen S2000 exhaust? : That's a total subjective question. Look in the exhaust comparison thread in this section and you'll find lots of set ups and sound clips to determine what fits that description.
Accordian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 21st, 2008, 05:46 PM   #3

thank you. for the year model. i dont know now because i really want a low mileage. somewhere around 10000 miles. mostlikely, 06-07.

BTW, is the rim advan 5 or T5 on your avatar?
2003 accord coupe v6

Old December 21st, 2008, 06:53 PM   #4
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee

Quote:
thank you. for the year model. i dont know now because i really want a low mileage. somewhere around 10000 miles. mostlikely, 06-07.

BTW, is the rim advan 5 or T5 on your avatar?
It's neither, well, kinda. They're Exel Ennios, Advan Model V replicas. If you click on the link under my avatar it'll take you to my garage where you can see pictures of my car and the mod list, etc. Or you can click here.
Old December 21st, 2008, 07:14 PM   #5
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

I don't see how we can keep up from a 350Z from a roll, stock vs. stock. They make 287hp - 300hp. I have intake and j-pipe and had trouble staying with a bone stock G35 Coupe (brand new) from a roll. Now the new G35 might have 300hp (I think they do). And I think he had an auto. Now when I add test pipe and exhaust, that's a different story. But stock vs. stock, IMO, you'd have to run into an awful 350z driver to be able to hang with one. I guess "hang" is subjective as well.

As far as an S2k, it depends on where you race them from IMO. I don't think they'll necessarily outlaunch us because of the lack of torque. I know they are RWD so they should have the advantage. But realistically, from a roll, they make the same hp as us and are lighter, so once again I'd give the edge to the S2k.
mbr311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 21st, 2008, 08:57 PM   #6
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr311 View Post
I don't see how we can keep up from a 350Z from a roll, stock vs. stock. They make 287hp - 300hp. I have intake and j-pipe and had trouble staying with a bone stock G35 Coupe (brand new) from a roll. Now the new G35 might have 300hp (I think they do). And I think he had an auto. Now when I add test pipe and exhaust, that's a different story. But stock vs. stock, IMO, you'd have to run into an awful 350z driver to be able to hang with one. I guess "hang" is subjective as well.

As far as an S2k, it depends on where you race them from IMO. I don't think they'll necessarily outlaunch us because of the lack of torque. I know they are RWD so they should have the advantage. But realistically, from a roll, they make the same hp as us and are lighter, so once again I'd give the edge to the S2k.
We could argue about this all day long, because all these examples of encounters have been beaten to death in many many threads, but I was just giving a general "we can keep up" statement (and yes that is subjective) because there is no definite answer since there are soooooooo many factors that could result in any of the cars mentioned to win. The new G37s (not G35) have 330hp, so that's why you lost, but the G35s had around 280 and many AV6 owners have beat them or "kept up", including moi.
Old December 21st, 2008, 09:34 PM   #7

i didn't really test how fast accord is since it was my first touch, and i dont really like to abuse other people's cars. LOL. i am just stuck somewhere between S2000 and Accord V6 MT. it's hard to make a choice since both of them have pros and cons. i watched 2 vids on youtube between Z and accord. yeah, Z is definitely faster. however, i dont really care if they are faster. just curious and asking. thank you for help.
2003 accord coupe v6
Old December 21st, 2008, 09:41 PM   #8
✔ Verified Member

Send a message via Yahoo to otsb708 Send a message via Skype™ to otsb708
Buy the Z, HUGE aftermarket support for it!

Off topic, but why in the hizzle would you sell your NSX?
otsb708 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 21st, 2008, 11:11 PM   #9

5 years ago, Z was in my eyes. right now, i wont touch it since Nissan has poor customer service, and i like Honda quality & reliability. i hate its front end now.

NSX is kinda old technology. the car has its own problems. it's time to get something new instead of living in the past.
2003 accord coupe v6
Old December 22nd, 2008, 12:21 AM   #10
AccordingToSean

Send a message via AIM to AccordingToSean
s2k IMO
AccordingToSean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2008, 01:22 PM   #11
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accordian View Post
We could argue about this all day long, because all these examples of encounters have been beaten to death in many many threads, but I was just giving a general "we can keep up" statement (and yes that is subjective) because there is no definite answer since there are soooooooo many factors that could result in any of the cars mentioned to win. The new G37s (not G35) have 330hp, so that's why you lost, but the G35s had around 280 and many AV6 owners have beat them or "kept up", including moi.
I guess we could argue all day, but I don't have the time

And it was a G35 Coupe, not a G37 (I was behind him at the light getting on the interstate). He didn't beat me btw, he couldn't pull me at all. I was basically stuck about 1/2 car behind him (which is where we basically started). That's why I said I had difficulty staying up because I wasn't pulling at all and IMO if I would have stayed on it with him at higher speeds I probably would have gotten pulled..but that's just my opinion, I don't have objective data to say one or the other.

And he could have been MT, I really couldn't tell. I assumed he had an auto because he was sitting at the light on an even surface with his brakes on, whereas most guys/gals that drive stick will pop it in neutral and pull off the brake and let the car "sit" there on an even surface (at least that's what I've always done). So I honestly have no idea if he was auto or MT.

No worries though, the borla and test pipe are going in soon and then I won't have to worry about a stock G35 anymore. And in Indy, there aren't many modded imports - its all modded domestics, and I KNOW my place in the food chain
Old December 22nd, 2008, 09:26 PM   #12

i forgot to ask another question since i have heard something about Honda's 6 speed MT. 2nd/3rd gear problem. particularly, 2nd gear grinds and 3rd gear pops out. i really want to know some experience from you guys.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 09:34 PM   #13
C.R.E.A.M.

Send a message via AIM to 1iLlaV6
car has 77k miles and hasnt happened to me yet...

Last edited by 1iLlaV6; December 22nd, 2008 at 10:00 PM..
1iLlaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2008, 09:51 PM   #14

Quote:
i forgot to ask another question since i have heard something about Honda's 6 speed MT. 2nd/3rd gear problem. particularly, 2nd gear grinds and 3rd gear pops out. i really want to know some experience from you guys.
its under warranty a recall
04simple_accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 07:44 AM   #15

my car has 120,000 miles and it has never happened.
night_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 07:59 AM   #16
TrakCord

Quote:
i didn't really test how fast accord is since it was my first touch, and i dont really like to abuse other people's cars. LOL. i am just stuck somewhere between S2000 and Accord V6 MT. it's hard to make a choice since both of them have pros and cons. i watched 2 vids on youtube between Z and accord. yeah, Z is definitely faster. however, i dont really care if they are faster. just curious and asking. thank you for help.
search youtube for cb7dc5rr vs accord...there are two vids...the rsx is 2006 type s has CAI/RH/E/RBC/Tuned on Kpro making 215...accord is 6speed, has test pipes,j-pipe, axle back, stock intake. You might like the accord a lil more after watchin.
AccordingLO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 08:55 AM   #17
方法についてはあなたが私のお尻にキス

umm does it snow by you or not? if so the accord is an obvious choice.
Henrys86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:02 AM   #18
resident noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanob247 View Post
search youtube for cb7dc5rr vs accord...there are two vids...the rsx is 2006 type s has CAI/RH/E/RBC/Tuned on Kpro making 215...accord is 6speed, has test pipes,j-pipe, axle back, stock intake. You might like the accord a lil more after watchin.
looks like the rsx won
quick kid 87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 11:02 AM   #19
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:

I haven't had the 2nd gear grind, but I've experienced the third gear pop-out in both my RSX-S 6 speed and Accord V6 6 speed.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 12:59 PM   #20
TrakCord

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick kid 87 View Post
looks like the rsx won
one race the rsx wins the other the accord gets it up top. But that rsx guy has many other vids that he beats some reputable cars
AccordingLO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 05:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr311 View Post
I haven't had the 2nd gear grind, but I've experienced the third gear pop-out in both my RSX-S 6 speed and Accord V6 6 speed.
how can i know if it pops out or not. test the tranny when the car is completely cold? i think that problem appears when the car is cold only. am i right?
2003 accord coupe v6
Old December 23rd, 2008, 05:24 PM   #22

ya cold
04simple_accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 07:46 PM   #23
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
how can i know if it pops out or not. test the tranny when the car is completely cold? i think that problem appears when the car is cold only. am i right?
I don't know what to tell you - it's less of a "popping out of gear" vs. more of an issue of getting it INTO 3rd gear - like when I am shifting to third it's like it doesn't want to go into 3rd and "pops out" for a better lack of a term - it's like it gets stuck halfway into gear and if you aren't paying attention it will pop right back out into neutral. And in my case, it has happened to me in hot weather as well as cold weather. Just seems to be a common issue with Honda's 6 speed trannies for whatever reason.

Edit: and I would like to point out that I do shift correctly in the sense that I use the back of my palm and let the natural movement of the shifter do its work. I don't wrap my hand around the shift knob or hold it like a weapon. Just FYI
Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:15 PM   #24

so far,i concluded the following
accord
pros: V6,comfortable,bigger interior,bigger trunk,moon roof
cons: 3rd gear problem,FWD,low rev,single cam

S2000
pros: 8k high rev,RWD,yellow paint,
cons: small trunk,narrow interior,softtop worn issue,blind spot, car is too short and narrow
Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:37 PM   #25
tuckin

can always buy the hard top for the s2k. but i dont think an s2k is a good DD but i doubt thats what your going for. Accords are great haha but i dislike the cons also.
coupeblack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 24th, 2008, 08:53 AM   #26
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
so far,i concluded the following
accord
pros: V6,comfortable,bigger interior,bigger trunk,moon roof
cons: 3rd gear problem,FWD,low rev,single cam

S2000
pros: 8k high rev,RWD,yellow paint,
cons: small trunk,narrow interior,softtop worn issue,blind spot, car is too short and narrow
I would hardly call 7k rpms a low rev (I think that's where our fuel cuts off).

Now, I came from an RSX-S that had an 8600rpm fuel cutoff, so I understand where you're coming from, but for me, the pros of having low end torque and not having to beat the crap out of the car outweighed the fun of reving to the moon. Don't get me wrong, I loved getting on the interstate and hitting 8600rpms or 95mph in 3rd gear. But like I said, it got kind of old having to rev to 5k in each gear to stay up with normal flowing traffic. Now I know the new S2k has better low end torque, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it probably has the 2nd and 3rd gear issues as well. I don't know for sure, it's just my guess.

And an S2k, IMO, does not make a good daily driver unless you plan on never taking more than one person around. I'd love to have one as my "fun" car, don't get me wrong, but it's really not that practical for a DD IMO. Just my .02
Old December 24th, 2008, 01:02 PM   #27

haha. my current car is just wider than s2000. but even lower than it. trunk is even worse. and i still use it for DD. i dont worry about its interior space at all.

but you are right. this kind of car is just for myself. carrying another is really bad idea because of bad sight.
2003 accord coupe v6
Old December 24th, 2008, 01:48 PM   #28
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
haha. my current car is just wider than s2000. but even lower than it. trunk is even worse. and i still use it for DD. i dont worry about its interior space at all.

but you are right. this kind of car is just for myself. carrying another is really bad idea because of bad sight.
I'd keep the NSX, but that's just me. I love that car, esp. if you're getting an '07 Accord per your signature. I'd take an NSX anyday over an S2k, but like I said, that's just me. You've probably had it for awhile, so...whatever you do, I guess you can't really go wrong. All cars have their pros and cons as you pointed out.
Old January 19th, 2009, 03:10 AM   #29

when are they going to bring the nsx back
ahhhz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 19th, 2009, 09:01 AM   #30
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhhz View Post
when are they going to bring the nsx back
I saw a "sneak peek" of a new NSX in Road and Track I think, and it was set to come out after 2010. Can't exactly remember though. I'll have to check out the issue when I get home, it even had some specs on the engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in