Intervention !!! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 22nd, 2008, 08:37 PM   #1
The Herbs Come Around

Intervention !!!

OK i think i need an intervention here, im totally losing interest in my accord. My friend is getting the new atima 3.5 coupe after he heard me say i loved it, naturally HUGE copy cat but w/e. I know that it is faster than the accord so now i am completely turned off the accord as if right now. I have an intake, jpipe, and tl sways

any ideas for mods to try and set me back on track, ive even went as far as to try and get my brother to take the accord so i can get a new car . . . i need help!!

LSD? Coilovers? whats gonna do it here?! anyone else have this happen from time to time?
jonb91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 22nd, 2008, 08:58 PM   #2
Currently Lifted :(

Send a message via AIM to AV6_Coupe
It happens sometimes, but you need to put more money into it.lol
Coilovers are a good place to start and have you thought about tl-s cams?
AV6_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2008, 09:06 PM   #3

hit up NVA_AV6.
iVTECaddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 22nd, 2008, 09:25 PM   #4
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

LOL, J36, then go spank him....
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2008, 11:13 PM   #5
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee

It happens, but my god you have an 06 6spd, so much potential! Everyone is different, but personally pretty much ever month or every other month I'll do a new mod to freshen my 6spd up. Last mod was my Pro Kit springs until I just put in my DEPOs with HIDs. I didn't think the headlights would make me fall back in love with my Accord but it totally did. If I were you I'd set a plan for the next 6 months for three or four really impactful mods. Thinking back the exhaust, the J-pipe/test-pipe, the wheels and tires, springs... they all made me appreciate my car more and more.
Accordian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2008, 11:32 PM   #6
Currently Lifted :(

Send a message via AIM to AV6_Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6 View Post
LOL, J36, then go spank him....
+1
AV6_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 04:52 AM   #7
SSG

I was in the same boat, I was considering trading in for a Used G35 or New G37 a couple weeks ago, but then I really thought about it, and realized that I could spend the money I would have put into a new ride and do some more mods to my current ride. SO I just purchased Richie's j-pipe, and have a whole bunch more mods to do. Hell I'm even getting the car repainted another color so it looks like i'm getting a new car anyway.
AccordArmy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 06:50 AM   #8
DanPat = Dime

i was in the same boat a few weeks ago. I had a tire blow out and but some new, agressive, wider tires on and I fell in love with her again all over! Now she has a nice meaty stance instead of the stock pizza cutter tires. To all yall that have 6spds...i envy.
05BlackedOutV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 07:11 AM   #9
J36 - 6MT LSD

Personally I don't like the Altima coupe.
Stheman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 07:49 AM   #10
TrakCord

the altima is not a bad car but you should be beatin him when your stock to begin with so do some weight reduction or somethin and it should be a better run...just my .02
AccordingLO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 07:52 AM   #11
so JDM my blood's Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb91 View Post
I know that it is faster than the accord so now i am completely turned off the accord as if right now. I have an intake, jpipe, and tl sways

any ideas for mods to try and set me back on track, ive even went as far as to try and get my brother to take the accord so i can get a new car . . . i need help!!

LSD? Coilovers? whats gonna do it here?! anyone else have this happen from time to time?
Spray maybe
simdono6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 08:02 AM   #12
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

An Altima Coupe? Seriously? That's one of the most hideously ugly cars on the road, which is probably why they're sitting on lots going nowhere. I've seen 2 or maybe 3 of them since they came out which is pathetic. He's probably only buying it because he can get a crazy good deal on one. Nobody wants them because they're so ugly they make people want to vomit. Even the Pontiac Aztec looks nicer to me.
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 08:18 AM   #13

best of luck to you.
JCharged is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 08:53 AM   #14
resident noob

how fast is the 3.5 coupe compared to our 6speed coupes. cant be that much faster?
quick kid 87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 11:27 AM   #15
The Herbs Come Around

hey thanks for the input guys, yeah its a respectable amount faster i think. How do you do weight reductions and do the TL cams really help that much what RPMs does it change.... and im not doing an engine swap lol. how much would a TL LSD set me back and would a shop install it or can i, im pretty mechanically inclined
Old December 23rd, 2008, 11:37 AM   #16
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

*Drivers being equal.

Whatever you do with the J30 he will own you from a dig, he will out tourqe you every time, now from a 40mph roll, you have a good chance.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 11:45 AM   #17

Quote:
hey thanks for the input guys, yeah its a respectable amount faster i think. How do you do weight reductions and do the TL cams really help that much what RPMs does it change.... and im not doing an engine swap lol. how much would a TL LSD set me back and would a shop install it or can i, im pretty mechanically inclined
The LSD will set you back about $800. The cams $300. The cams are lighter and will rev faster and the v-tec lift is wider than stock. Like everyone else, if you have the money to do it, swap the engine.
Archangel72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 11:54 AM   #18

if you looking at the altima. you mind as well get a g or a 350.
04simple_accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 12:32 PM   #19
Super Mod

will it be cheaper to swap the engine or get a supercharger?

btw keep the accord for another year or so. there will be so much better cars out in a couple of years.
aprevo15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 12:37 PM   #20
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

^Depending on how you buy the SC and tune it it can be the same or less to go SC, now putting a SC on top of a built engine...........
Old December 23rd, 2008, 01:52 PM   #21
DanPat = Dime

Quote:
^Depending on how you buy the SC and tune it it can be the same or less to go SC, now putting a SC on top of a built engine...........
i like where your heads at..
Old December 23rd, 2008, 04:21 PM   #22
The Herbs Come Around

yeah i dont know about an engine swap what is that like 3-4k to do that? would you just do a 3.2 TL engine or something? would the LSD help with horse power that is making to the ground at all? im sitting on around a thousand 500 dollars plus whatever i pull for christmas what are your guys' opinions on what to do both looks and performance. Or if there is anything that is like a K more i could hold on till after summer work for money.. let me know what you guys are thinking or what your did
Old December 23rd, 2008, 05:00 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to 2KBlack_AV6
trade it in for an Audi A4 2.0 turbo quattro. you'll have the upper hand in luxury, handling, value, and with a little bit of money, performance
2KBlack_AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 05:05 PM   #24

My suggestion is to contact Paul, NVA-AV6. With the mods you already have, I would buy a set of performance heads from him, it is well within that budget.
Archangel72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 05:57 PM   #25
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

The problem he will always have against the VG35 is tourqe, , the VG35 makes decent low end tourqe, as we all know the J30 has nice high end but will always lack the TQ no matter what. More stroke is needed to take on the VG35 from a dig.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 07:50 PM   #26
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
The problem he will always have against the VG35 is tourqe, , the VG35 makes decent low end tourqe, as we all know the J30 has nice high end but will always lack the TQ no matter what. More stroke is needed to take on the VG35 from a dig.
I run into the same problem with my buddies modded E36 M3. We make around the same whp, but he makes 20+wtq over me and it comes at a much lower rpm than my peak torque. So pretty much no matter what speed we run from, he gets 2 cars on me instantly due to the torque advantage and then I stay about 2 cars behind him as we row through the gears.

About the only place I can make it interesting is a 2nd gear roll at around 40mph...then I can take his torque advantage more out of the equation, plus he has to shift sooner than I do into 3rd..but he still beats me. Have to see how I do once I add the test pipe and exhaust.
mbr311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2008, 07:54 PM   #27
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

^ Might help, just keep your pre-cats, if you drop them also you will gain some more high end but at about the same cost in TQ. These engine need a little back pressure to maintain the low end, dropping all back pressure costs TQ.
Old December 24th, 2008, 01:29 AM   #28
The Herbs Come Around

so whats my best bet, not just to beat his car but just to get out of this slump! Will cams be noticable what about LSD? are either worth it or should i just go with cosmetic stuff to make the car LOOK nicer lol

Edit: he is a ****hole driver just learning manual, so all i need beating him wise is a little advantage, all this is just to keep me happy with the car for longer...
Old December 24th, 2008, 08:17 AM   #29
DanPat = Dime

haha i love the competition between the both of yall..its kinda funny. If he is a beginner, it should be no problem to beat him, top end that it is. Than again, if he is a beginner he prob isnt too good at launching haha.

I know you arent doing somethin to your car in order to beat your friend, but do whatever you want to keep you interested. It doesnt take much for me! like i said earlier, a simple tire change on stock rims won me over
Old December 24th, 2008, 08:21 AM   #30
resident noob

Quote:
so whats my best bet, not just to beat his car but just to get out of this slump! Will cams be noticable what about LSD? are either worth it or should i just go with cosmetic stuff to make the car LOOK nicer lol

Edit: he is a ****hole driver just learning manual, so all i need beating him wise is a little advantage, all this is just to keep me happy with the car for longer...
75 shot of n2o
quick kid 87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in