Questions about sc?? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2009, 01:20 AM   #1
C.R.E.A.M.

Send a message via AIM to 1iLlaV6
Questions about sc??

Ok my friend andrew is selling his comptech sc for the tl which he was going to install on his cl but he is now going to sell his car so the plans on boosting are done.
the sc has 2200 miles on it and he is willing to sell it to me for $1100.im a noob but it would be cool to be sc'd.it comes with an comptech ice box a 6 psi pulley and a 14 psi pulley and i forgot what else.
so is this a good deal? and what kind if work am i looking at here?what about maintanence
he said he knows a local guy who used to work at acura and will install and tune for $400,i just need to buy greddy emanage ultimate.if some one can break down what i need and what has to be done that will be great.
i think im making this sound easier that it seems,im afraid something will go wrong and more money will have to be spent that i dont have.but i will get somehow..

any info will help,this is a big decision.im selling my car but if this goes through and im boostd im keeping her lol.
thanks in advance!
again,im a noob with this so plz no bashing just useful info if possible!

Last edited by 1iLlaV6; January 14th, 2009 at 03:16 AM..
1iLlaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 14th, 2009, 02:53 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
No such thing as a 14psi pulley unless its completely custom and even then doubtful, that would overwhelm the SC like no other not to mention the engine and tuning

Post up a pic of everything hes including and i'll tell you what you still need to complete the kit and what you can do without and modify.

I noticed you have a 7th gen Accord, was the SC he was using a 3rd gen TL SC kit? Or the older kit for the 2001-2003 TL-S/CL-S? The jackshaft is different and wouldn't be as easy to modify/swap.
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2009, 03:02 AM   #3
C.R.E.A.M.

i thought a 14psi pulley was pretty intense lol i asked him and thats what he told me..
im meeting him today and i'll take lots of pics,forgot to ask what specific sc its for..will update when i find out.

Old January 14th, 2009, 03:05 AM   #4
C.R.E.A.M.

he said 3rd gen tl.
btw,is $1100 for the sc and $400 for install and tune a good deal?
Old January 14th, 2009, 03:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iLlaV6 View Post
he said 3rg gen tl.
btw,is $1100 for the sc and $400 for install and tune a good deal?
Its a great deal in fact i'd be a little wary of it but you say its your friend so go for it. Probably the first guy to adapt that kit onto his 7th gen Accord is Sean 04accordcpe.

With the standard pulley your probably going to be boosting ~4.5psi and if a smaller SC pulley a little higher like 7-8psi max. Basically whatever the 3.2 motors boost on a given pulley you will boost a little more because your engne displacement is lower.

As for tuning Greddy emanage ultimate s far isn't worth it for your car your better off getting the AEM FIC piggy back computer to tune with or possible the ordinary Greddy Emanage Blue. Depending on how the tune goes you might have to upgrade your fuel injectors from the what was it agina 260cc or 270cc up to low 300cc like the Acura RDX injectors that are 310cc if I remember correctly otherwise you'll be maxing out your stock injectors.

We'll let you know more when the pics get posted up, that will clear some stuff up.
Old January 14th, 2009, 03:21 AM   #6
C.R.E.A.M.

yeah his accord is 328hp/280tq at 4psi,sick!
damn imma have to get injectors too.imma add everything up and see what everythings gonna come out to before i make the move.but i'll get some pics up later today after i meet up with him.
Old January 14th, 2009, 03:26 AM   #7

Quote:
yeah his accord is 328hp/280tq at 4psi,sick!
damn imma have to get injectors too.imma add everything up and see what everythings gonna come out to before i make the move.but i'll get some pics up later today after i meet up with him.
Yeah those numbers are at the hubs too so its a little less at the wheels so dont get to siked out Numbers are still great however.

You might have to get injectors, I think you'll be fin if you just get a decent fuel pressure regulator instead of crushing part of your stock unit like Comptech wants you to do.

Just saying since im running stock injectos on my 3.2 at 4psi no problems and intend to do so on 6psi as well but past that i'll upgrade for sure.
Old January 14th, 2009, 03:47 AM   #8
C.R.E.A.M.

can you make a list of parts i would need to buy and stuff?
Old January 14th, 2009, 03:58 AM   #9

Quote:
can you make a list of parts i would need to buy and stuff?
well I can send you the parts list of the 2nd gen SC kit other than that just contact Nate at Comptech
[email protected]

and ask him for the parts list and some help
Old January 14th, 2009, 07:56 AM   #10
Super Mod

i believe you need a new radiator as well.
aprevo15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2009, 08:32 AM   #11

seeing how most 3rd gen TL SC's I've seen on forums are around $3000, getting this one for $1100 seems like a steal.

the money saved can go towards the other parts/ mods you'd need to make the whole thing work out.

but as always buyer beware
rajin929 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2009, 08:50 AM   #12
4.0L

Install it yourself and then get it tuned. Save yourself some cash. My SC is apparently retarded because my numbers suck .
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2009, 09:10 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietNinjaJ30A1 View Post
Install it yourself and then get it tuned. Save yourself some cash. My SC is apparently retarded because my numbers suck .
What are your numbers?
Archangel72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2009, 09:35 AM   #14
Bobby Lane Racing

if he says he has a 14 PSI pulley than I say no to the offer cause that's simply BS. Install + tune for 400 bucks is also another simply BS.

emanage blue cost 300 alone, plus PNP harness which is 180-200, and a tune minimal is 250-300 from a good tuner.

also, the elbow will no fit on a CL if its a 3rd gen 04-07 TL.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2009, 10:16 AM   #15
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Send a message via ICQ to BlackV62K2 Send a message via AIM to BlackV62K2 Send a message via MSN to BlackV62K2
Wait a min....your friend is selling a SC kit for a TL that was he going to put in a CL? Then the kit is made for a 2nd TL/CL not the 3rd gen TL. As far as I know, only the 3rd gen TL kit fits in the Accord. You better double check your info.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2009, 10:24 AM   #16
C.R.E.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietNinjaJ30A1 View Post
lol,its my dd so i need it done quick.dont really wanna take the risk on messing up.i woud hve to relocate my battery and i would have no clue on how to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprevo15 View Post
i believe you need a new radiator as well.
reallY? i thought just a custom radiator hose.i may be wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
if he says he has a 14 PSI pulley than I say no to the offer cause that's simply BS. Install + tune for 400 bucks is also another simply BS.

emanage blue cost 300 alone, plus PNP harness which is 180-200, and a tune minimal is 250-300 from a good tuner.

also, the elbow will no fit on a CL if its a 3rd gen 04-07 TL.
i was hoping you would chime in,cuz you know your shiet!
well he just bought it and never installed it,he prolly is just unsure and doesnt really know much about it thats why it sounds like bs.he said his friend would do the install+tune cuz h has access to a dyno and stuff thats why it was cheap.i asked if he was legit cuz i dont want some random guy effing up my car and he said he knows his stuff..
but idk what exact sc it is and what it comes with but i'll take pics tonight when i see it.
Old January 14th, 2009, 10:44 AM   #17
Bobby Lane Racing

make sure its off a 04-07 acura TL cause than it will fit your car. You don't need to modify your radiator however it is recommended because the return hose will be touching the blower which creates excessive heat in the enginebay and also intake temp. Also delete your cats before you install the blower, that will increase the longevity and life of your engine by releasing all the hot exhaust gases alot faster.

I would not half ass this project simply because you will be more prone to failure. Take my word for it cause its coming all from experience. Also once the blower is on the car, make sure you check your oil level at every fill-up. Due to the increase in fuel, increase in engine temp, oil will more likely burn. Also I don't recommend using fully synthetic oil as it burns much faster and easier in these conditions. If you're from california or in a area where its warm out year round, use castrol straight 40 weight. If you're in weather that changes from cold to hot and hot to cold year round, 5w40 castrol gtx to accomodate for the weather. Make sure you get a decent tune, the comptech control box is crap and don't use that.
Old January 14th, 2009, 11:11 AM   #18
C.R.E.A.M.

^thanks great information!
so if i would have to get rid of the pre-cats as well or just the 3rd?
im starting to think this will be more than just buying and installing..damn.
Old January 14th, 2009, 11:31 AM   #19
Bobby Lane Racing

i'd delete all of them. releases the exhaust gas faster the better.
Old January 14th, 2009, 12:16 PM   #20

it's like minus 20 degrees celsius here in Toronto, I wonder how a SC'd accord would hold up in this cold LOL
rajin929 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2009, 05:43 PM   #21

the install isnt all that hard. I could have one installed in a few hours. If you have any questions on any parts needed or install help Im sure you can find my number on this board.
bankrup3000gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2009, 08:59 PM   #22

I'm new to the Accord game but I had a s/c on my 03TLS but I want to put one on my wifes 06 Accord 4dr 6spd. These might be dumb ?
1.)but does the 3gen tl kit come with a fpr or do need to get one?
2.)Where can I get a custom radiator?
3.)Will the battery tray that comes with kit work or do I have to relocate the battery?
4.)I want to keep the stock exhaust will I loose alot of hp this way?
5.)Iíve found a lot of info on here but does anyone have a detailed list of what needs to be done

Thanks, Duece
therealduece is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2009, 09:37 PM   #23
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealduece View Post
I'm new to the Accord game but I had a s/c on my 03TLS but I want to put one on my wifes 06 Accord 4dr 6spd. These might be dumb ?
1.)but does the 3gen tl kit come with a fpr or do need to get one?
2.)Where can I get a custom radiator?
3.)Will the battery tray that comes with kit work or do I have to relocate the battery?
4.)I want to keep the stock exhaust will I loose alot of hp this way?
5.)Iíve found a lot of info on here but does anyone have a detailed list of what needs to be done

Thanks, Duece
1. a 03TLS is a 2nd gen TL which will not fit the 04-07 accord. the 04-07 accord does not have a return line for fuel and the FPR is within the fuel tank attached to the fuel pump.

2. many known companies offer custom radiators, i.e griffin, fluidyne, csf, etc. However due to the low demand, you'll be paying a price unless you know someone.

3. the battery tray works perfectly, as does everything else from the 3rd gen TL.

4. Yes you will lose plenty of horse power keeping the stock exhaust. You will also decrease the engine life of the j30a4/5 drastically by not opening up the flow of the exhaust system to release the extra heat. The stock exhaust system is extremely restrictive, the J-pipe also is extremely restrictive. It's also a big problem having the pre-catalytic convertors directly off the head simply because of the extra fuel, heat, they get destroyed fast. My advice is to delete the entire system of any restrictive parts by upgrading. replace the cats with test pipes, and replace the J-pipe with something bigger in diameter.

5. I've posted plenty of detailed list of what is needed. if you do a search you will find what you need.
Old January 15th, 2009, 09:58 PM   #24

Quote:
1. a 03TLS is a 2nd gen TL which will not fit the 04-07 accord. the 04-07 accord does not have a return line for fuel and the FPR is within the fuel tank attached to the fuel pump.

2. many known companies offer custom radiators, i.e griffin, fluidyne, csf, etc. However due to the low demand, you'll be paying a price unless you know someone.

3. the battery tray works perfectly, as does everything else from the 3rd gen TL.

4. Yes you will lose plenty of horse power keeping the stock exhaust. You will also decrease the engine life of the j30a4/5 drastically by not opening up the flow of the exhaust system to release the extra heat. The stock exhaust system is extremely restrictive, the J-pipe also is extremely restrictive. It's also a big problem having the pre-catalytic convertors directly off the head simply because of the extra fuel, heat, they get destroyed fast. My advice is to delete the entire system of any restrictive parts by upgrading. replace the cats with test pipes, and replace the J-pipe with something bigger in diameter.

5. I've posted plenty of detailed list of what is needed. if you do a search you will find what you need.

I know the 2nd gen won't fit the the accord I was just saying I use to own a s/c 2nd gen. Well my wife would like s/c but she hated my exhaust on my car so I guess I won't be doing this. thanks
therealduece is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2009, 10:09 PM   #25

Quote:

Spot on Kiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealduece View Post
I know the 2nd gen won't fit the the accord I was just saying I use to own a s/c 2nd gen. Well my wife would like s/c but she hated my exhaust on my car so I guess I won't be doing this. thanks
Multiple glasspack resonators and quality mufflers 2.5" piping all the way, or better yet stroke her car out to a 3.3 or get a 3.5 swap
Old January 16th, 2009, 12:16 AM   #26
C.R.E.A.M.

would it be cheaper to go sc or swap to a bigger engine?
Old January 16th, 2009, 04:23 AM   #27

Quote:
would it be cheaper to go sc or swap to a bigger engine?
With the deal your getting, SC for sure, especially if you want everything done right and not half ass. SC install could be done by yourself with no help for the average installer car guy. Not so much with the engine building so price already goes up higher.

Larger displacement motors will tend to give you more low end torque then say a SC which give full boost around high 2XXXrpm to 3K rpm before then its partial boost. Pretty much all forced induction is for midrange and high end power, some of it can touchfull boost earlier perhaps a tad earlier then 2000rpm like on the BMW 335, you can feel the turbos workign around 1500rpm and fully kick in by 2K.

To sum it up depending on what compromises your will to make and your expectations, theres no replacement for displacement.
Old January 16th, 2009, 10:22 AM   #28
C.R.E.A.M.

^ cool it was just an idea.
my friend hasnt picked up my damn phone calls,hes wierd like that.
i'll get some pics when i get the chance to meet up with him.
then i can see if the sc will even be the right one and if it is what else i woud need.
Old January 16th, 2009, 01:23 PM   #29

Send a message via Yahoo to aznfunkyflip
hold on! deleting cats are necessary for sc? is this only for 7th gen or also for 6th gen?
aznfunkyflip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 16th, 2009, 01:28 PM   #30
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznfunkyflip View Post
hold on! deleting cats are necessary for sc? is this only for 7th gen or also for 6th gen?
its important for the 7th gen, or 3rd gen TL due to the cats being directly bolted onto the head. the excessive fuel due to compensation of boost will blow out the cats. Even a stock j30a4, or j32a3 will eat the cats up eventually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in