Accord V6 Forum banner

Bored throttle body

3K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  NHB_AV6-6 
#1 ·
just to share with you guys.. it was bored out 4mm and the gains are very noteable

upper manifold throttle body mount

throttle body "front"

REAR

after bored 4mm

See less See more
#8 ·
lets say.. it pulls harder.. 3000RPM felt like 4000RPM

4mm doesn't seem like much, but when compared side by side to the old one you can really see the difference!

what is involved in this? I assume you have to send it out to get done? what would something like this cost?
had to send it to machine shop to get it done..
i am from Taiwan.. it cost about USD115. things are cheaper at here.

#5 ·
4mm doesn't seem like much, but when compared side by side to the old one you can really see the difference!

what is involved in this? I assume you have to send it out to get done? what would something like this cost?

#9 ·
from the first post it looked like the IM was already a larger bore size than the throttle body.. look at the first few picures again the IM bore is almost 7cm across whereas the stock throttle body was about 6.5 cm

*note- im just talking about the rear throttle body picture

#12 ·
doesn't maxbore do it also? cost like 100 bucks USD or 103 with paypal. You should get the IM port matched also. anyways nice mod.

#16 ·
I am looking into another option to go much larger than 68mm, it is part of another project, but would allow us to use cable operated throttle bodies, like the 80mm universal ones that are out there. Also after looking at the Subaru throttle bodies and factory manual I believe the Blitz throttle controller for the subaru's could be adapted.

#21 ·
Can we send out throttle body and other parts to King's motorsports to have this work done? I know they worked on the K-series quite a bit...just curious, i'm probably not going to do it because I need my car and can't afford to have it down for a few days, but if its an option for other peeps I thought I'd throw it out there.

Edit: I don't even know if I would benefit from this mod...

#22 ·
what you could do is grab another throttle body and send that out to get bored out. same goes for the other parts but that could end up being costly. i may do it with my TSX manifold once it gets here, and maybe a throttle body if i can find one.

Paul can you do this kind of work yet or no?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.