Used intake and exhaust - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2009, 08:45 AM   #1
Honda Tech

Used intake and exhaust

Alright I was looking on craigslist and found someone selling their Accord with a Borla Catback (which he said is almost brand new and has been on the car for about 3 weeks) and an AEM V2 Intake as well as the little ipod adapter. I talked to him awhile back asking if he was interested in selling all 3 separately and he said he'd let me know. So he called me back yesterday telling me he was going to take off the intake and exhaust but keep the ipod adapter in so I asked him for a price and he said around $900 for the intake and exhaust. Now I know that's way too high, but he woke me up after a late night at work so I was completely out of it. I've found Borla Exhaust and the V2 intake both new shipped online for like $905 online so what do you guys think would be a good price to offer? Also, I'm still iffy on the exhaust beings the whole reason I got this car in the first place was to be quite and lay low from the cops and try to straighten out my driving record a little bit after being hardcore harassed in my Camaro, so what do you guys think about the Borla and my situation. Thanks in advance, Matt
Matt04V6EX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 28th, 2009, 08:48 AM   #2
Super Mod

offer him 700 bux. even though he said they were only on for few weeks.
aprevo15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2009, 09:00 AM   #3
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

The Borla is quiet, no cops will harass you. It's just deeper sounding that stock, not loud per se (I have it with j-pipe and test pipe).

I paid $415 for the Borla that was used for 7k miles shipped overnight. I paid $80 for a used AEM CAI V1.

$900 seems like a lot to me even if they were only used for a few weeks. You can get a brand new Borla for like $650-700 shipped and an intake for $200 shipped. Sounds like he's trying to recover all his costs, but since they are used I would do what aprevo said and offer like $700. Personally, I don't care if it's been on for 3 weeks - it's still used.
mbr311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 28th, 2009, 09:04 AM   #4
✔ Verified Member

Send a message via Yahoo to otsb708 Send a message via Skype™ to otsb708
I think $700 is quite reasonable considering their used. I'm sure that if you offer anything to the guy he'll take it. It's rough these days!
otsb708 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #5
Honda Tech

im thinking about offering 600 for both no shipping is included in this ... i will make the drive out there
Old February 28th, 2009, 12:57 PM   #6
Super Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt04V6EX View Post
im thinking about offering 600 for both no shipping is included in this ... i will make the drive out there
even better
aprevo15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2009, 12:59 PM   #7

good luck with getting a good offer. Hopefully he needs money fast
nOrcaL7thgen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2009, 02:19 PM   #8

you guys are lucky to find these kind of deals. i cannot find any good sales around toronto with used accord parts. i found the v2 a while back but by the time i called, it was already sold.
ChilliBang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2009, 02:43 PM   #9
SSM_AV6-6

From what I've seen, the Borla is about as quiet as my Magnaflows. One time I did a little 1-3 gear pull on a county highway, and less than half a mile after I let off and slowed down, there was a cop hiding in a parking lot. He never pulled out.
NHB_AV6-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #10
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

My wife hasn't even commented on the Borla..lol...it's just a lot deeper, not louder like I said.
Old March 1st, 2009, 01:39 AM   #11
Honda Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr311 View Post
My wife hasn't even commented on the Borla..lol...it's just a lot deeper, not louder like I said.
thats awesome cause thats exactly what im going for. did anyone notice any power gain b/w and exhaust and intake?

^^ and by that i mean noticeable to yourself the driver .. not necessarily #s
Old March 1st, 2009, 07:16 AM   #12
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
thats awesome cause thats exactly what im going for. did anyone notice any power gain b/w and exhaust and intake?

^^ and by that i mean noticeable to yourself the driver .. not necessarily #s
Well, I modded like this:

1. Intake
2. J-Pipe
3. Test Pipe + exhaust.

I had the intake on with nothing else for like 2+ years and yes I noticed an increase in power..not a ton, but noticeable. The J-Pipe was next and to me, that was the most noticeable increase in power. I felt a nice low-to-mid range torque bump.

Adding the exhaust and test pipe a few months later to me gave me a smoother powerband (more power across the powerband) and definitely gave me a nice lift up top. Now it feels like it keeps on pulling to fuel cutoff and wants to keep on going - no power loss up top at all, engine is breathing really well.
Old March 1st, 2009, 09:26 AM   #13
so JDM my blood's Type R

Quote:
Agree. Shoot him the 550 offer and see what he says. Remember parts are USED.
simdono6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:20 AM   #14
Honda Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by simdono6 View Post
Agree. Shoot him the 550 offer and see what he says. Remember parts are USED.
im liking this thread more and more haha. But thats true ... used for 3 weeks or used for 3 years they are used nonetheless. But I was thinking about that J pipe and anyone know what if I could do just a j pipe nd borla catback? plus how loud is it? im def shying away from loudness
Old March 2nd, 2009, 07:19 AM   #15
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
im liking this thread more and more haha. But thats true ... used for 3 weeks or used for 3 years they are used nonetheless. But I was thinking about that J pipe and anyone know what if I could do just a j pipe nd borla catback? plus how loud is it? im def shying away from loudness
Yes, you can do the j-pipe and Borla and you will be very happy IMO.

I did the J-Pipe when I only had an intake and it definitely gave me more low-to-mid range torque and hp. it was the most noticable power mod I have done IMO.

It didn't really change the sound of my exhaust note (at that time I had the stock exhaust).

Then I installed the Borla and the test pipe. I personally love the sound of the Borla. Isn't loud, doesn't drone at all. You can cruise at 70mph in 6th gear and it sounds stock, then if you hit the gas you start to hear the deep "rumble" of the borla.

That's essentially the sound you're getting with the borla - deep until 3.5-4k rpms, then the engine note takes over. It's not so much that its louder vs. stock (it is, but not much), it's the fact that it's much deeper sounding than stock.

Hope that helps.
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:54 AM   #16
Honda Tech

ok now i knonw what the j pipe is but as far as the test pipe where does that come into play? (one more thing are these all just bolting on or do they need to be welded? and also how much were they if you guys dont mind me asking?)
Old March 4th, 2009, 11:16 AM   #17
Honda Tech

and for the record mbr311 i was reading your other thread and yo have thoroughly convinced me to get a short shift kit ... is this the one you have?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CTM-H...hippingPayment
Old March 4th, 2009, 11:33 AM   #18
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
ok now i knonw what the j pipe is but as far as the test pipe where does that come into play? (one more thing are these all just bolting on or do they need to be welded? and also how much were they if you guys dont mind me asking?)
Test pipe connect to the j-pipe and the beginning of the catback exhaust. It comes with all necessary gaskets and bolts. It does not need to be welded, just bolted on.

it replaces your stock 3rd cat which does not have any O2 sensors so you don't have to worry about setting off a CEL. However, if you have emissions testing you will fail if you have a test pipe.

I also feel it necessary to say that replacing a stock catalytic converter is illegal in all 50 states. My state doesn't do emissions nor do they care about stuff like replacing cats, but if you lived in Cali or a place where they test, you will fail and you will be fined.

IIRC, you can get a test pipe shipped to you for $40 from RichieV6. Just check out his thread up top in the sticky and PM him, he will hook you up quickly.
Old March 4th, 2009, 11:35 AM   #19
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
and for the record mbr311 i was reading your other thread and yo have thoroughly convinced me to get a short shift kit ... is this the one you have?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CTM-H...hippingPayment
Yep, that's it.

For reference, i have found that Neuspeed's short shift installation instructions are better than Comptech's, so when you buy this piece search the site for neuspeed's install instructions and you will be golden.
Old March 4th, 2009, 11:06 PM   #20
Honda Tech

Quote:
it replaces your stock 3rd cat which does not have any O2 sensors so you don't have to worry about setting off a CEL. However, if you have emissions testing you will fail if you have a test pipe.
LIKE STUPID NJ!!!

alright back to the original topic ... the guy called me today and told me that the intake and exhaust are still for sale and that he just sold his car today soooooo now its time to just a little more research before i call him tomorrow
Old March 6th, 2009, 01:31 PM   #21
Honda Tech

WHOO! talk about 550 for intake and exhaust!

I get it off him on sun for $550!!!
Old March 6th, 2009, 01:58 PM   #22
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
WHOO! talk about 550 for intake and exhaust!

I get it off him on sun for $550!!!
Dude, kudos to you! That's a freakin' bargain. I've always said to buy used off these sites or wait for someone that needs to get rid of their product. I got my Borla used for $415 overnighted with 7k miles on it, paid $80 for a used AEM CAI V1. Can't beat that. Paid $495 for two items that would have cost around $850 shipped brand new.

You're going to love the combo. Now save up for the j-pipe!
Old March 7th, 2009, 12:53 PM   #23

nice deal, youll love it
Status is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2009, 12:32 AM   #24
Honda Tech

cant wait ill get it tomorrow ..(actually today but w/e) but I have a to of stuff to do to my car haha .. #1 is def getting the car fixed from the accident thennn.... (Foglights, Intake, Exhaust, HIDs(headlights and fogs), Ingalls torque damper, OEM Spoiler, and hopefully short shift kit and new motor mounts)i have or have on the way everything but the SS kit and motor mounts! waiting for a nice day to put everything on

oh yea I TURN 21 TOMORROW!!!! WHOOOO!!!
Old March 8th, 2009, 12:38 AM   #25
SSM_AV6-6

Quote:
You're going to love the combo. Now save up for the j-pipe!
This. The J-pipe may not have been much better for sound, but compared to the intake and Magnaflow exhaust, the J-pipe and test pipe gave pretty good, noticeable gains
NHB_AV6-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2009, 12:11 PM   #26
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHB_AV6-6 View Post
This. The J-pipe may not have been much better for sound, but compared to the intake and Magnaflow exhaust, the J-pipe and test pipe gave pretty good, noticeable gains
To me, the jpipe made the biggest difference on my butt dyno.

The catback certainly gives you power up top, but it's so smooth you can't tell almost.

The jpipe gives us a much needed bump in low-to-midrange torque and you can DEFINITELY feel it.
Old March 9th, 2009, 07:04 AM   #27
Honda Tech

Wow i just put the intake on yesterday and I LOOOVEE the sound. I have the exhaust in my garage ... that is todays project
Old March 9th, 2009, 02:15 PM   #28

Send a message via AIM to SweetMt6speed
hey good luck and nice steal....., I mean deal! 3rd gear accel stomps are the shi*. When I first got my V2 I'd just about shoot my man yogurt from the sound. Ah ha! Nice! cya
SweetMt6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 15th, 2009, 10:00 AM   #29
Honda Tech

exhaust was a royal PITA to get on .. but its on. And now I have dropped it off to get the body work from the accident fixed .. waiting sucks when new mods are upon us haha
Old March 15th, 2009, 09:10 PM   #30

matt i know theres a ton when searching but can u post a review of the v2. i think im gunna order one soon. never had an intake before and i hear good things about it.

would love to hear what u think!
ilovepoker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in