*Magnaflow CatBack??* QUICK INPUTS PLEASE ! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2009, 03:03 AM   #1
BLK HWAK

Lightbulb *Magnaflow CatBack??* QUICK INPUTS PLEASE !

SO, i need *Quick* inputs guys.

One guy from local offered me a sweet(?) deal on his "Magnaflow CatBack System".

He only wants me to pay for a swap with mine and his system.

I'm perfectly fine with my current set-up, EXCEPT lots of droning while daily driving..

My Current Set-up:

JPipe
2.25 custom down pipe
Removed 3rdcat
Comptech twin mufflers(came off comptech catBack system)

His Set-up:

Magnaflow Full CatBack with 60k.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=all&id=6064

So, basically he wants my stock catback
(which means i still get tokeep jpipe and comptech mufflers)

What do you guys think?

Any Feedbacks on Magnaflow Catbacks?

I've sat on his car, and it's way quiter than i ever thought,

My system seemed like sounds really loud when it's compared,

eventhough i always thought mine sounds deep and nice second best from Greddy Evo2s.

Go ? or No Go ?

Thanks in advance.

-Min
minhokim86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2009, 02:37 AM   #2
BLK HWAK

BUMP ! Anyone???
Old March 9th, 2009, 05:09 PM   #3

hey kim, yeah believe me people on this part of the forum arent very helpful when it comes to giving you advice/input on the Magnaflow's. trust me, ive posted many times and actually have a semi-current thread that i made where the input from members was horrible at best.

anyway, let me tell you what i've found through weeks of research and scrutinizing old threads (that really dont help either lol).

i installed the magnaflow part number 15800 catback on my 7th gen sedan. at first i didnt like it because it was quiet but in all honestly it's amazing. it's quiet when you need it to be, you dont even notice it's there, but has a beautiful deep tone to it that doesnt make the cabin rattle like my previous muffler setup did.

again, i got the catback and it's wonderful. i dont have any droning issues and it has an awesome tone to it! i love it!! if i could do it all over again i would do the same damn thing.

definitely do the deal if it's a great deal youre getting. you wont regret it!
ilovepoker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 9th, 2009, 06:34 PM   #4

if he got just the mufflers and went to a muffler shop to get the rest done i would take it. The cat-back system that comes from magnaflow I heard is pretty quiet. It's up to you really. Do you like the way it looks and sounds?

I think that's a very good trade none the less... I would take it!
nOrcaL7thgen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #5

i just installed this cat back this weekend in my 6spd and i'll tell you that its loud at high rpms..in daily drivin it's very tame and wont be noticed much but that can change at any given time when u go WOT..on 6th gear its low enough not to annoy you on long drives..im very pleased!! i also have a AEM v2 if that makes a difference.
V6MT26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 10th, 2009, 08:42 AM   #6
SSM_AV6-6

I have a Magnaflow catback on my coupe, and like everybody says, these exhausts are pretty quiet in normal driving. Give it a little gas though, and you quickly remember you have them on, and the guy you are passing will also know
NHB_AV6-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 10th, 2009, 09:04 AM   #7
Picture Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6MT26 View Post
i just installed this cat back this weekend in my 6spd and i'll tell you that its loud at high rpms..in daily drivin it's very tame and wont be noticed much but that can change at any given time when u go WOT..on 6th gear its low enough not to annoy you on long drives..im very pleased!! i also have a AEM v2 if that makes a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHB_AV6-6 View Post
I have a Magnaflow catback on my coupe, and like everybody says, these exhausts are pretty quiet in normal driving. Give it a little gas though, and you quickly remember you have them on, and the guy you are passing will also know
Can either of you show pictures of what the system looks like installed from the back? I want to do a catback on our coupe but I never really liked the round cans of the Magnaflow but then again I've never seen them installed.
Milan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 10th, 2009, 09:22 AM   #8
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhokim86 View Post
I've sat on his car, and it's way quiter than i ever thought,

My system seemed like sounds really loud when it's compared,

eventhough i always thought mine sounds deep and nice second best from Greddy Evo2s.

Go ? or No Go ?

Thanks in advance.

-Min

I guess I'm confused on why you need feedback from us if you've already sat in his car with the Magnaflow on. So you know what the Magnaflow is going to sound like and you specifically said you thought yours sounded second best behind the greddy.

So if you like your setup, why not keep it, exhange your stock exhaust for his Magnaflow and then sell it?

Or am I missing something here? I'm not saying this to be a jerk but if you've heard both systems what input do you need?
mbr311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 10th, 2009, 09:39 AM   #9
SSM_AV6-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan View Post
Can either of you show pictures of what the system looks like installed from the back? I want to do a catback on our coupe but I never really liked the round cans of the Magnaflow but then again I've never seen them installed.
Not sure if this will suffice for the picture, but here is a decent video of the Accord with just a Magnaflow catback:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnFSd...e=channel_page
NHB_AV6-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 10th, 2009, 09:40 AM   #10

^^ lol perhaps he wanted more input other than sound either way quality wise these things are niceee..from the back the exhausts look stockish and im not a big fan of the can look but you cant even tell they're cans..
V6MT26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 11th, 2009, 01:41 PM   #11
Sully

Love my My magnaflow

Quote:
^^ lol perhaps he wanted more input other than sound either way quality wise these things are niceee..from the back the exhausts look stockish and im not a big fan of the can look but you cant even tell they're cans..
Now I LIKE a Nice Can...... Oh, and my magnaflow's too.LOL I have the same on my car and i Reallyyy Like the sound when i put my foot down. Just don't do what i did the other day and start off from a stoplight with an unmarked police car right behind me... I'm a baaaad boy...

Last edited by QBallSull; March 11th, 2009 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: typo
QBallSull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 12th, 2009, 09:15 PM   #12
BLK HWAK

First of all, Thank you for all inputs/opinions abt Magnaflows

Helped me to decided a lot.

will do some quick write up at the end...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepoker View Post
hey kim, yeah believe me people on this part of the forum arent very helpful when it comes to giving you advice/input on the Magnaflow's. trust me, ive posted many times and actually have a semi-current thread that i made where the input from members was horrible at best.

anyway, let me tell you what i've found through weeks of research and scrutinizing old threads (that really dont help either lol).

i installed the magnaflow part number 15800 catback on my 7th gen sedan. at first i didnt like it because it was quiet but in all honestly it's amazing. it's quiet when you need it to be, you dont even notice it's there, but has a beautiful deep tone to it that doesnt make the cabin rattle like my previous muffler setup did.

again, i got the catback and it's wonderful. i dont have any droning issues and it has an awesome tone to it! i love it!! if i could do it all over again i would do the same damn thing.

definitely do the deal if it's a great deal youre getting. you wont regret it!
Thank you. Yes, it's really quite...Until I hit high rpms..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOrcaL7thgen View Post
if he got just the mufflers and went to a muffler shop to get the rest done i would take it. The cat-back system that comes from magnaflow I heard is pretty quiet. It's up to you really. Do you like the way it looks and sounds?

I think that's a very good trade none the less... I would take it!
Thanks. I took the deal + just gave him sotck catback system. so.. there're 2 Comptech mufflers+2.5inch straight pipe sitting in my garage..

Quote:
Thanks. Unlike Comptechs, i dont hear any droning...

oh i also do have AEM V2 and i can hear better now.

detailed write up at the end of this page...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHB_AV6-6 View Post
Thanks. Yes, i don't hear droning inside of cabin, but others outside do..haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan View Post
I will take soem better pics and post soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr311 View Post
I guess I'm confused on why you need feedback from us if you've already sat in his car with the Magnaflow on. So you know what the Magnaflow is going to sound like and you specifically said you thought yours sounded second best behind the greddy.
So if you like your setup, why not keep it, exhange your stock exhaust for his Magnaflow and then sell it?
Or am I missing something here? I'm not saying this to be a jerk but if you've heard both systems what input do you need?
What V6MT26 Said... PLUS,

Magnaflows arent well-known compared to other Famous companies such as Greddy, Comptech, Fujitsubo etc...

just wanted know things abt exhaust quality, sounds etc..

even when it comes to a sound,

1. when me and the seller met and test drove, it was heavy raining
2. ppl have diff. driving habits
3. he and i had slightly diff. set-up (he had no CAI and Modified middle pipe and no cat on his magnaflow before i picked it up.)

SO, i Exchanged my Stock set up and his magnaflow as non-modified stat (which means Regular Magnaflow catabck from factory set up) Plus, i got my comptech mufflers and 2.5inch straight pipe back.

still only paid for a swap.

Quote:
Yes. cans are not that noticible..

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBallSull View Post
Now I LIKE a Nice Can...... Oh, and my magnaflow's too.LOL I have the same on my car and i Reallyyy Like the sound when i put my foot down. Just don't do what i did the other day and start off from a stoplight with an unmarked police car right behind me... I'm a baaaad boy...

haha i love mine, too.

So, Thanks again everyone.

here's my feedback on this Magnaflow catback.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

1. Quite.

After i picked it up, i found out there's a Glasspack(aka Cherry bomb) instead of cat.

so..guess it's quiter than regular/normal Magnaflows, but still i like it being quite and not making any droning noises on daily driving.

But, i changed the whole straigt pipe into 2.5inch (came with 2.25inch), so..it's slightly bigget and wider pipe , dunno if that makes "that much of diff".

2. LOUD.

@2.5~4.5 rpm range, starting 2.5~3rpms, it gets louder and sounds deeper + G37ish (my friends call it "Astonish sound ) sound.

Very noticiable, but NOT a Cheap Fart Can Sound.

Compared to my previous set-up,

(Stock Cat+2.5inch straight pipe without resonators+Comptech Mufflers came off Comptech catback)

a. It Doesnt Dron at all (daily driving and highway cruising)
b. Not better noticiable (but once go higher rpms , it's diff. story)
c. Not Deeper (one negative side.. )
d. Better sound flow transition from Exhaust->CAI.

More about fact D.

on my previous set up , it was like

Either Comptech sound or agressive AEM V2 sound after 4ish rpm range.

However, on Magnaflows, around 3.5~4.5 rpm range,

the exhaust gets deeply louder and naturally trans. to Mean and agressive V2 sound.

LOVE it !

Hope this helped to another members and someone who's willing to purchase one.

Oh, and i'll be getting JPipe and pre cat delete, wonder if anythings gonna be changing soundwise.

Thx again for all your input, i really appreciate it !

-Min
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in