3.5-S Fueling/detonation/compression questions: NVA-AV6 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2009, 04:14 AM   #1
J35 Honda Saber

Send a message via AIM to adamlee05
3.5-S Fueling/detonation/compression questions: NVA-AV6

Well I've PM'ed you a few times regarding the J35A4/J32A2 build I'm working on at the moment. I've done a lot of searching here, reading your threads as well as others who have you engines, but quite frankly after 100 or so pages I've given up on searching....

Anyhow, I remember reading the old threads where people were having fueling issues after 5600 or 6000 or something, how were those resolved? Given the 3.5L, would you recommen the S2000 360/370cc injectors? Also, PFR/rail modifications??

As it stands, currently I should be running 11:1, where will I start running into detonation issues at that ratio (with fuel correction) ?

Also, if 11:1 given the proper fueling is stable throughout the powerband, whats the conceivable maximum safe ratio you'd run? If 11.4+ is possible on 94 pump gas, i'd machine it to handle it (if you agree simple machining can do that)

Very sorry if these are over-discussed items....but like I said your build threads/customers threads are MASSIVE...and it's all running together for me.

I thought I'd start this thread with my 3 main questions so that other knowledgable members could maybe throw their knowledge in as well if its possible

off topic: who was running the J35 6MT whos avatar said something like J35: 36mpg or something?
adamlee05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 26th, 2009, 05:15 AM   #2
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

J35s in 6th gens/2nd gen TLs would be 3.56thgen and Jcharged on here. Now to your questions.

Yes I would replace the FPR with a good external one like AEM or Aeromotive and bump the pressure a bitsay 55-60PSI. S2K injectors sound like direct drop ins, but would not do that (and stay out of WOT) unitl you get a FIC on her and get her tunned. I hope you have a WB O2 gauge in your car as that will tell you what is going on with fueling.

Stay with 11:1 compression and premium, luckily we have knock sensors that will adjust the timing automatically to help prevent detonation as long as the AFR stays good.

Kschwiggy runs a J35 and reglurly make the drive from DC to northern NJ and averages 38MPG on the highway. PigPig000 who runs a J36 got 40MPG crusing at 65MPH.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2009, 05:41 PM   #3
J35 Honda Saber

Send a message via AIM to adamlee05
Thanks Paul, those are exactly the things I needed to know. Believe me, I won't go past 4K until I have some form of turning - be it an AEM F/IC, E-manage blue, or an AEM EMS (provided I decide to go that route for future heavy mods). I'll have an AEM UEGO wideband monitoring AFR.

Would it be an issue building the engine with S2K injectors from the start and staying easy on it until I have the tuning components, or just install them later? Also, do you think I'll have the lean fueling issue on 2 cylinders like your build was having due to the fuel rail design?
adamlee05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 26th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #4
J35 6Spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlee05 View Post
off topic: who was running the J35 6MT whos avatar said something like J35: 36mpg or something?
that was my avatar... i usually get 36-38 mpg when cruising on the highway its great. city driving i still get high teens or low 20s. more torque = less throttle needed to accelerate
Kschwiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in