Comptech Catback & AEM V2 Set Up - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2009, 01:41 PM   #1
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Comptech Catback & AEM V2 Set Up

Who's rockin' the Comptech catbacks out there? I know Sean has it on his badazz S/C'd coupe but who else? I believe that these are great sounding/performing exhaust systems. I was off from work today and decided to make these vid clips. I have 103K miles on my car and I've had the AEM V2/Comptechs for almost 5 years now. My favorite mod on my car.

Recorded today (4May09):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK1yoYotd3I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1v-6PPorFY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPmTaHJx0xE

And this is how it sounded like in Dec 2005:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwBAQSClXYA

flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2009, 02:08 PM   #2
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee

God that sounds good! I've always liked the Comptech the best out of all the aftermarket catbacks out there. Nice tone, not too loud and normal sized mufflers/tips. Sounds just as good today as it did 4 years ago! If I ever replace my setup I'd probably look into finding one of these.

Oh, and I wish I was home from work making videos of my car!
Accordian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 4th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #3

Wow. That not only sounds awesome, but it looks incredible as well! That is exactly how I want my Borla to sit when I get it. I wonder why comptech no longer makes the catback for the 7gens?

Very clean ride flyvtec!
tadbooch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 4th, 2009, 04:57 PM   #4
SSG

Comptech, i mean CT engineering does make a catback for the TL's 3.2's, which i'm pretty sure could be custom fitted onto our 7th Gens, as well as making axle back systems (pretty much just the mufflers and nothing else). Check their website out... I'm pretty sure most of the senior members are aware of the site, but for the noobs (including myself) here is the website
http://www.ct-engineering.com/productsFlash.htm
AccordArmy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 4th, 2009, 05:30 PM   #5

nice ride
01 Gold V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 4th, 2009, 07:48 PM   #6

That sounds sick. But dude..what happened to WOT vids!? Every vid was revving!! Lol. Get a WOT vid!

I do have to say that Comptech knows what they're doing. It's the best sounding exhaust for the Accord in my opinion, it's just too damn expensive for me. Hey, have you thought about the Jpipe/test pipe?

Last edited by Sonnick; May 4th, 2009 at 09:52 PM..
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 4th, 2009, 09:40 PM   #7
Supercharged 07AV6

Nice
7thgencordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2009, 12:35 AM   #8

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Mucho thanks to all for the kind words! I have a great job because I have EVERY Mondays off!

Yeah, these puppies set me back about $1100 installed back in the day but I have no buyers remorse whatsoever!

Sonnick ... I hear ya braddah. I haven't forgotten about the WOT vids. When I replace my timing belt/water pump in the very near future, I will do a WOT vid. I just need to find a long stretch of empty road in San Diego to make it happen. As for the J-pipe/test pipe, not interested. I'm done modding my car. It's a perfect daily driver that way it is now and it's got some get up & go when I need to blow off some steam.

Tadbooch ... I dunno what happened to Comptech. I guess they ran into some bad business management or something and decided to close shop for a while. The first time I heard the Comptechs was on a nicely modded Civic Si. I was sold on them after that.
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #9
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadbooch View Post
Wow. That not only sounds awesome, but it looks incredible as well! That is exactly how I want my Borla to sit when I get it. I wonder why comptech no longer makes the catback for the 7gens?

Very clean ride flyvtec!
Competch is louder than the Borla, but they look almost exactly the same..very sleeperish IMO. Nice round tips, nothing too fancy. I have a pic of the Borla installed in my garage for reference. I would have gone with Comptech but it was $400 more and not worth it IMO. For that much money I got a jpipe and test pipe as well
mbr311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2009, 02:46 PM   #10

That's cool. I thought about Borla too because of the price and their quality reputation. But I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy the Comptechs because I loved how they sounded.

Man, I'm starting to get curious about this J-Pipe mod. Is it really worth it? Will my car pass smog inspection since I live in CALI? What kind of dyno #'s did you get with all your mods?

With Comptech/V2 set up, I dyno'd at 224whp/191wtq.
Old May 5th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #11
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvtec View Post
That's cool. I thought about Borla too because of the price and their quality reputation. But I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy the Comptechs because I loved how they sounded.

Man, I'm starting to get curious about this J-Pipe mod. Is it really worth it? Will my car pass smog inspection since I live in CALI? What kind of dyno #'s did you get with all your mods?

With Comptech/V2 set up, I dyno'd at 224whp/191wtq.
Well I'd rather have the Comptech too, it sounds better but I was on a budget and I could justify buying more for less

the j-pipe to me showed the most gains, especially down low. It gives a great boost in torque and nice gains throughout the powerband. I'd recommend it to anyone. It's not that expensive, not that hard to install and with your setup you'd love it. It is a perfect complement to I/E.

If you dynoed at 224whp/191wtq I'm guessing you'd pick up 5-10 peak WHP/WTQ with the jpipe, but consistent gains throughout the powerband which is more important than peak gains to me. Richie has a dyno up with an intake, exhaust and jpipe on an auto and I think it dynoed around 224whp/208wtq. That was on an auto, so a 6MT is going to see slightly better gains.
mbr311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2009, 06:59 PM   #12

Daaam ... those are good numbers! Thx for the input. My 1st priority right now is to replace my timing belt/water pump since I'm approaching 105K miles. Man I thought I was done modding my car. :-)

Yo Sonnick ... you got any vids of your car? I wanna hear how it sounds!
Old May 5th, 2009, 07:05 PM   #13
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

comptechs ftw

your the reason why i chose comptechs in the first place sal i remember when mine sounded quiet and smooth like that before i started heavily modding my car. still sounds the same, but a little more throaty sounding.

depending on the jpipe you choose, it can stay the same tone or completely change the sound of your exhaust altogether. rv6. atlp, xlr8 will give you a slighty deeper tone, but for the same money you can get a one off total custom piece like my first jpipe. it outperformed all of them due to the long primaries (which will give you more hp) and deleted the 3rd cat. made my car sound nothing like an accord kinda gave it a e46 M3'ish tone. heres the jpipe im talking about, which can be made at a good reputable exhaust shop.

on the car pic

and a sound clip. at the time i had procats and the full comtech catback
&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

only reason i sold it, was because i was going to go true dual, but things fell through ;/ ussi owns it now and labree motorsport doesnt want to make me another one lol. took him almost the whole day to complete it.
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:56 PM   #14
Also Matt

Damn i love the sound of this set up!! Last vid made me get all tight in the pants
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2009, 09:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvtec View Post
Daaam ... those are good numbers! Thx for the input. My 1st priority right now is to replace my timing belt/water pump since I'm approaching 105K miles. Man I thought I was done modding my car. :-)

Yo Sonnick ... you got any vids of your car? I wanna hear how it sounds!
Yea dude I'll post 'em up. I asked about the Jpipe because I highly recommend it! The 1st RV6 design probably yields the least power to be honest, yet I noticed a good gain from it. I'd estimate you would dyno around 230whp/215wtq with the addition of the Jpipe given your current numbers.

I have Fujita CAI, RV6 Jpipe/test pipe, mid muffler delete, and I unbolted the driver side muffler.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

I have to get a WOT vid too haha. I also want to get dyno'd so I can see the improvements of each mod.
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:06 PM   #16
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG

Question That jpipe looks better than my crack pipe!!!

YOUR LICENSE PLATE IS SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comptech was purchaSed by a Racing team that wanted only the race engine and name. So the guys that worked there moved to their own place and Called it CT engineering. I found this out the hard way and tried to buy something from Comptech and had the new owners tell me exactly what happened.

on another note...that is most EFFECTIVE LOOKING JPIPE i have seen...how did you mnake it and do you have any measurements I can go by in trying to replicate that one. Do you sell those?IT LOOKS UBER BAD AZZ!!!!!!!!
bdbconcepts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:03 AM   #17
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbconcepts View Post
YOUR LICENSE PLATE IS SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comptech was purchaSed by a Racing team that wanted only the race engine and name. So the guys that worked there moved to their own place and Called it CT engineering. I found this out the hard way and tried to buy something from Comptech and had the new owners tell me exactly what happened.

on another note...that is most EFFECTIVE LOOKING JPIPE i have seen...how did you mnake it and do you have any measurements I can go by in trying to replicate that one. Do you sell those?IT LOOKS UBER BAD AZZ!!!!!!!!
dont have any measurements on it. take some pics of it to a good exhaust guy and he should be able to duplicate it with some piping and a mandrel bending machine
Old May 9th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #18

Your J-Pipe looks like it was spray painted.

Richie will be posting the Dyno numbers tomorrow on his 2nd Generation version. He offers the best price per performance ratio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04accordcpe View Post
comptechs ftw

your the reason why i chose comptechs in the first place sal i remember when mine sounded quiet and smooth like that before i started heavily modding my car. still sounds the same, but a little more throaty sounding.

depending on the jpipe you choose, it can stay the same tone or completely change the sound of your exhaust altogether. rv6. atlp, xlr8 will give you a slighty deeper tone, but for the same money you can get a one off total custom piece like my first jpipe. it outperformed all of them due to the long primaries (which will give you more hp) and deleted the 3rd cat. made my car sound nothing like an accord kinda gave it a e46 M3'ish tone. heres the jpipe im talking about, which can be made at a good reputable exhaust shop.

on the car pic

and a sound clip. at the time i had procats and the full comtech catback
&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

only reason i sold it, was because i was going to go true dual, but things fell through ;/ ussi owns it now and labree motorsport doesnt want to make me another one lol. took him almost the whole day to complete it.
sirchadwick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 9th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #19
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirchadwick View Post
Your J-Pipe looks like it was spray painted.

Richie will be posting the Dyno numbers tomorrow on his 2nd Generation version. He offers the best price per performance ratio!
i beg to differ, but to each his own. i dont know why richie is even bothering with a dyno. his V2 will maybe get 1-2whp at the most over V1, which you wont even feel a difference. until he implements a true 2 into 1 collector, it will not flow anywhere near atlp, xlr8, trust me. ive had 5 different jpipe designs and the one pictured along with atlp's both outperformned the rest hands down.

richie does have some great prices, but his jpipes are made overseas (taiwan i believe) and are a much simpler design than the rest, hence the cheaper price tag. you get what you pay for (superior design and greater performance)

oh and the jpipe was spray painted with 1500 degree duplicolor. it was made with aluminized piping, not SS
Old May 9th, 2009, 10:10 PM   #20
Honda Rookie

I love my exhaust. I got the Borla and deleted the pre-muffler and resonator and now it sounds really nice (except I should have just gotten a custom exhaust made and used Borla mufflers, lol.)

I may have to try out one of these new j-pipes over Rvp's....
Old May 9th, 2009, 10:24 PM   #21

I agree fully with you. You just cannot beat the Borla. Great stainless steel with a kick-ass warranty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbook4g5 View Post
I love my exhaust. I got the Borla and deleted the pre-muffler and resonator and now it sounds really nice (except I should have just gotten a custom exhaust made and used Borla mufflers, lol.)

I may have to try out one of these new j-pipes over Rvp's....
Old May 9th, 2009, 10:31 PM   #22
Official V6P Retro Whore

I'm need a comptech exhaust bad!

lookin' good guys
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 9th, 2009, 11:30 PM   #23

Now why would you buy Comptech, when Borla is superior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
I'm need a comptech exhaust bad!

lookin' good guys
Old May 10th, 2009, 12:26 AM   #24

I had Comptechs on my 7gen before and they looked and sounded awesome! Once a week I would go under the car after a car wash and polished those babies and they looked bling blingin from the back
ILIV6AccordIAI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2009, 02:29 AM   #25
Official V6P Retro Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirchadwick View Post
Now why would you buy Comptech, when Borla is superior?
looks.

also, I'm totally diggin' the custom jpipe. I need to hit up labrea for true duel seks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 10th, 2009, 10:18 PM   #26

Anybody in the Raleigh, NC area? I've just been bitten by the 'mod my car bug' and have suspension already purchased and en route, but i'm debating between the cat back and the intake... or both...!

Either way, these sound pretty sick, and if they don't create abnormal noise while driving (stock-ish) then i'm down!
theskunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2009, 12:36 PM   #27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oep17F_uJDU

Sounds good inside too. You probably mean "droning" right? My setup has very minimal droning at highway speeds. All you'll hear is a deep hummmmmmmmmm.
Old May 14th, 2009, 02:01 AM   #28
VrOoM! VrOoM!

Send a message via AIM to 7GEN
I don't know if this has been asked before on this thread, how much did the the whole comptech catback cost you?
7GEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2009, 12:19 AM   #29

Parts & labor = $1,023.63 ... installed 7 Feb 05.
Old May 15th, 2009, 12:49 AM   #30
Official V6P Retro Whore

<--- Jealous of ^^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in