Intake Help - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 7th, 2009, 07:27 PM  

Intake Help

Hi im new to this site and i just bought my 07 accord v6 coupe 3 weeks ago and was gonna get an intake. First i was thinking of doing a drop in as i live in houston, tx and was scared to suck up water from the big puddles we get after some rain. But then i found a solution "intake bypass valve"

1) i wanted to put in a bypass valve and was wondering where would that go?
If i put it before the intake pipe will the intake fit fine or do i have to cut intake in the middle somewhere and make it fit?

2) Is there much difference performance wise if i get one of the following intakes instead of a aem v2, as i dont need carb#, if not which one of the following should i get.

Thanks guys. Also if anyone has a DIY for intake installation it would help alot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-06...#ht_9346wt_832

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOMZ-...#ht_1958wt_907

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2...#ht_4718wt_916
andy2k2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2009, 08:36 PM  

If your thinking of the bypass valve I'd go with either the AEM or the K&N. I prefer the K&N since it can be converted to a short ram intake for bad weather while I haven't seen that advertised in other intakes. The quality on the K&N is also very good.
nadracer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2009, 09:40 PM  

You can not put the bypass valve on the aem v2. Since you are worried about water I would go with the K&N. There really isnt too much performance difference between the main brand intakes. The V2 has the deapest sound but in your case since you are afraid of hydrolocking then take that out of the equation. I would go with the K&N. I had it and was very happy. I changed to the V2 and didnt notice much of a difference besides sound. You will love your car once you get a intake. Vtec sounds sweet. Just gonna be hard keeping it out of vtec. haha.

I personally would not buy that ebay crap. Main brand intakes are tested and machined for our cars.
worldon1finger is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old May 7th, 2009, 09:55 PM  

Yeah I would go with the K&N Typhoon because you can convert it to an SRI.
03Accord EX-L is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:46 PM  

Also if you get it from a reputable dealer if you have an issue it'll get resolved quickly. I had one on my 06 civic before I traded it in. Great product better than most other intakes due to K&Ns attention to detail; it came with a new heat shield to protect the filter on that model. I'd only expect the same cool innovation.
Old May 8th, 2009, 07:39 AM  
Carpe Diem

I'm happy with my K&N Typhoon CAI as well. Got it brand new on ebay for $200 shipped about a year ago.
ikethegreat is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2009, 08:20 AM  

I just installed my BOMZ short ram intake that i got off of ebay... for like $40... and am very happy with the results.... great sound and better throttle response. plus being a short ram i wont EVER have to worry about hydrolocking.
Cman46290 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2009, 09:36 AM  

The only issue I have with those short ram versions is heat. On hot summer days its not going to pull much cold air into the engine. There are so many models of inexpensive short ram intakes out there but none of them are really giving cold air at all times. We really need one with a heat shield that to seal off most of the ambient heat from the engine so the air getting pulled in is colder than the engine compartment.
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:13 AM  

Regardless if it does pull in hot air or not... its still going to be better than the restrictive stock air box.... and DEFINITELY going to sound MUCH MUCH better.
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:47 AM  

Hey Cman

My post wasn't to knock your choice on parts but to point out the other side of things in general between CAI and short ram air.
Old May 9th, 2009, 01:51 PM  

Thanks alot guys for the posts....all of you guys have great points....i guess it comes down to what you're really willing to spend on the intake. I guess it comes down to the K&N typhoon (which can covert to SRI) or the bomb racing SRI (which i didn't even know it existed). Regradless of which one i get they both will most likely be used as SRI so will def look into an heatshield and maybe even heatwrap the intake.
andy2k2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM  

yup its all about what you want... I personally love the v2... SRI im sure you will see identical or similar gains. Maybe not in the summer though... At least they all sound alike.. the sound is sexay
nOrcaL7thgen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 9th, 2009, 04:30 PM  
Honda Rookie

the sound is proven to make gas milage decrease.
Old May 9th, 2009, 04:31 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbook4g5 View Post
the sound is proven to make gas milage decrease.
Lol true.. But if you drive normal mpg is +
Old May 9th, 2009, 04:36 PM  
Honda Rookie

haha i know. I was just saying. If you like hearing the sound, gas mileages goes down with it.
Old May 9th, 2009, 04:48 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbook4g5 View Post
haha i know. I was just saying. If you like hearing the sound, gas mileages goes down with it.
Same with the exhaust!!! my mpg was shtty when i first installed it
Old May 11th, 2009, 07:00 AM  

Whats the point of MODDING unless you get some use out of it/hear the results

Thats the funnest part of modding.... testing it out after the install .... the following few tanks of gas always go quick :P

Last edited by Cman46290; May 11th, 2009 at 07:18 AM..
Old May 20th, 2009, 08:51 AM  

Send a message via AIM to SweetMt6speed
Anyone know of any replacement numbers for either the AEM conefilter for the [email protected] or a K&N cone filter that you could use on the V2. I'm thinking about ordering to have a replacement around and cycle between the 2 when one is being cleaned. Anyone? I tried the search but I lost my patience. Thanks
SweetMt6speed is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 20th, 2009, 09:01 AM  
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman46290 View Post
Regardless if it does pull in hot air or not... its still going to be better than the restrictive stock air box.... and DEFINITELY going to sound MUCH MUCH better.
Not 100% sure about that claim. On one indepent run, the SRI might outperform (heck, on a single independent run an SRI often outperforms a CAI) - however, due to heat soak and bogging, after sitting in traffic or doing repeated runs SRI's have shown to lose power on some applications. And remember, on the V6 the stock airbox has a "snorkle" type device that pulls air from down low, so it actually is getting a dose of cooler outside air.
mbr311 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in