The importance of a large high flowing exhuast system on a stroker motor - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2009, 09:26 AM   #1
Banned

The importance of a large high flowing exhuast system on a stroker motor

Finally completed my exhuast system a couple weeks ago. Perfect high flowing system..

3" P2R Stainless sytle cat-back
2.5" P2R High flow cat.

The most commonly used 2.5" cat back with 300c high flow cat exhuast system is all wrong for strokers. We have now realized that these motors need no restriction to maximize power across the whole power band from bottem end to high end. Most strokers make their power and TQ on the low end but then the power starts to drop on the high end in higher gears. After installing my 3 inch cat back and keeping the 300c high flow cat that was previously installed on the car, it picked up about 16+ HP and TQ both ways and was mad quick but on high speed top end the power was falling off. We decided to test out the P2R Test pipe and go with ZERO restriction. I will say the car pulls from bottem end to high end with a day and night difference.

Take a look at these vids. Dont look at the track times because they are not a factor due to they can easily be better with better driving and DRs.. look at the MPHs. Last year before the test pipe my best MPH was 99-102 on a good day, now with the addition of the test pipe I am trapping consistant 105-107s EVEN if i launch ran and run 14.4 (true story).

Correct me if I am wrong but I dont think any NA CL,TL or AV6 has ever trapped 107mph?

PS. My car is still running the STOCK CL-S ECU untuned with my AEM-FIC still uninstalled. The ECU is also pulling timing its not even running at full potential which is what surprises me.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
cls6speednupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2009, 12:49 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Jiraiya_13
Nice....so good to go bigger than 2.25" piping? I was thinking of 2.5" but a lot of people says I would lose bottom end torque...
Jiraiya_13 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2009, 12:57 PM   #3
I <3 My J30A4

^^^^^ You will, you can go 2.5 straight and y pipe 2.25 and also depends on mods that you have on the car either v6 or i4
qnzthg89 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old May 17th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #4
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnzthg89 View Post
^^^^^ You will, you can go 2.5 straight and y pipe 2.25 and also depends on mods that you have on the car either v6 or i4
List your mods
04accordcpe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2009, 01:43 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnzthg89 View Post
That is correct which is why I specified this as for strocker motors. But honestly any V6 should be able to handle 2.5 from the cat all the way to the back.. no need to go 2.5 into 2.25. You always want to think about potential now and later. for I4 then you can play with 2.25 but for V6 2.5 all the way is the minimum that should be used.

Remember motors are just air pump.. the more air you pull in and push out quick the more power you get so why open up flow from 2.5 from the header all the way back then slow it down to 2.25. I know most of you all have read its the way to go but I promise you all based on my experience, YOU WILL gain more with the larger pipe. You just need to do the correct mods to increase air input to reduce TQ loss.

At one point I was following the same info as you all were, and was going to get a 2.5 into 2.25 exhaust. P2R was so confident that I would gain more power going with a custom 3 inch cat back from them over the 2.5 into 2.25 that they told me that if I lost even 1hp or 1tq from my previos dyno with stock exhuast, they would refund me my money AND send me a smaller exhuast. (NOT SAYING THEY WILL DO THIS FOR ANY OF YOU, BUT I AM JUST TELLING YOU ALL HOW GOOD THEY ARE WITH THIS STUFF AND STAND BY THEIR WORK)..
Old May 17th, 2009, 01:53 PM   #6
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

LOL, what am i chopped liver??

LIST YOUR MODS!

along with some hp/tq #'s
Old May 17th, 2009, 01:58 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04accordcpe View Post
LOL, what am i chopped liver??

LIST YOUR MODS!

along with some hp/tq #'s
LOL I know I have the same HP/+TQ as you with -0PSI. LOL. Boost still feels better than NA to me so you still win..
Old May 17th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #8
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls6speednupe View Post
LOL I know I have the same HP/+TQ as you with -0PSI. LOL. Boost still feels better than NA to me so you still win..
damn, this is like pulling teeth with you, here and over on azine, so let me try this again,

pretty please with a cherry on top,
LIST YOUR MODS!
Old May 17th, 2009, 02:50 PM   #9
Banned

Quote:
damn, this is like pulling teeth with you, here and over on azine, so let me try this again,

pretty please with a cherry on top,
LIST YOUR MODS!
Mod list:
Obviously a stroked bottem end
Intake
Header
Crank pulley
P2R Test Pipe
P2R Custom 3 inch exhuast
P2R Power Plenums
P2R Ported upper and lower intake mani/runner
STOCK untuned ECU
STOCK CAMS, SPRINGS, VALVES, ETC

Thats about it. Looks like my P2R mods seem to be what sets my car ahead of all the other 3.5s, 3.6 and 3.7s NVA-AV6 built. I even give another J35 SC CL of his hell. Im just scared to see what I will be working with when I get some upgraded TLS cams from P2R
Old May 17th, 2009, 03:48 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Jiraiya_13
The most I'm gonna do is CAI, Richies J-pipe w/ test pipe and custom exhaust, which is why I wanna go and stay with 2.25" all the way. Nothing extravagant.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jiraiya_13 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2009, 04:23 PM   #11
7yr / 120K

Hey... Capital Raceway! That's my home town track!
Celestion is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2009, 04:39 PM   #12

nice trap!
nOrcaL7thgen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:31 PM   #13
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Mod list:
Obviously a stroked bottem end
Intake
Header
Crank pulley
P2R Test Pipe
P2R Custom 3 inch exhuast
P2R Power Plenums
P2R Ported upper and lower intake mani/runner
STOCK untuned ECU
STOCK CAMS, SPRINGS, VALVES, ETC

Thats about it. Looks like my P2R mods seem to be what sets my car ahead of all the other 3.5s, 3.6 and 3.7s NVA-AV6 built. I even give another J35 SC CL of his hell. Im just scared to see what I will be working with when I get some upgraded TLS cams from P2R

wow, 107 trap speed is VERY impressive indeed.

are you sure your not spraying?? lol
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:03 PM   #14

We'll see. Great car, great times.

but you haven't seen anybody run their cars yet.
JCharged is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:10 PM   #15
cunning linguist

Quote:
Looks like my P2R mods seem to be what sets my car ahead of all the other 3.5s, 3.6 and 3.7s NVA-AV6 built... Im just scared to see what I will be working with when I get some upgraded TLS cams from P2R
And just like that we have P2R shills on V6p.net....

-Brian-
04 6spd Coupe-> 10 4cyl Coupe-> 11 V6 Coupe
07 V6 Auto Sedan-> 10 CR-V
Mod'd Z06 - Sold for move
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MorePower4me is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:23 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCharged View Post
We'll see. Great car, great times.

but you haven't seen anybody run their cars yet.
Didnt Nates 5th Gen J35 only run like 14.0 at best?
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #17
Banned

Quote:
wow, 107 trap speed is VERY impressive indeed.

are you sure your not spraying?? lol
Naw I cant afford nitrous right now. If I was spraying my trap would have been at least 114mph or more with a 75 shot @ 400whp if tration is good.
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:34 PM   #18

Quote:
Didnt Nates 5th Gen J35 only run like 14.0 at best?
The only advantage he has on you is weight.

You know your CL-S ECU is better along with your P2R mods.

We should all have a track meet one day.

258.7whp 218.3wtq

13.908 @ 102.65mph w/ 2.352 60' @ Honda Day 2012 Atco Raceway. Full tank of gas, Full interior. No Spare.
JCharged is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:39 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCharged View Post
The only advantage he has on you is weight.

You know your CL-S ECU is better along with your P2R mods.

We should all have a track meet one day.
o ok.
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:41 PM   #20
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

LOL, I heard you did not even make that run, someone else did who drove your car for the first time, LOL, best mod you ever did, DRIVER MOD....
NVA-AV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:46 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6 View Post
LOL, I heard you did not even make that run, someone else did who drove your car for the first time, LOL, best mod you ever did, DRIVER MOD....
and that changes the obvious potential of the car how?? and good point bringing up that it was his first time driving the car cause damn maybe he could have trapped 109mph running a 13.3 maybe.. who knows.
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #22

edit
BabyHuey is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:31 PM   #23

Quote:
Paul +1 P2R guy 0
03Accord EX-L is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:59 PM   #24
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:

man, you get owned every where you go, dont you buddy.

Quote:
and that changes the obvious potential of the car how?? and good point bringing up that it was his first time driving the car cause damn maybe he could have trapped 109mph running a 13.3 maybe.. who knows.
Old May 18th, 2009, 12:03 AM   #25
frumaroll

dude u seem like a p2r promotor
six6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 18th, 2009, 12:59 AM   #26
Bobby Lane Racing

Well this is old news.

Everyone from their kids to their grand parents know that if you open up the exhaust system of any vehicle is beneficial. HKS, BORLA, MAGNAFLOW, APEXI, TANABE, J's Racing, Skunk2,.. etc etc etc I could name many more that make performance parts simple cause of that theory.

whoever doesn't know that opening up the flow of the exhaust system is beneficial to seek top end power is out of their mind. That's strict common sense.

Why would you go from a 2.5" P2R test pipe to a 3" cat back or even a 2.5" cat. I would go 3" all the way.

Got a ball park price on any of these P2R parts?
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 18th, 2009, 06:09 AM   #27

Track day would be great

ohh moe I found out what was wrong with my car
4 bent exhaust valve still pulling 104 traps should be good for 106 NOW

Congrats on that trap 107 FAST!!!!!!!

ohh and Iam ALL-MOTOR 3.2 guys w/ driver MOD
rayray24 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 18th, 2009, 06:14 AM   #28
J35 Honda Saber

Send a message via AIM to adamlee05
Quote:
Correction: not -0PSI, more like 25in. Hg...If you could bring your car to 0vac/0psi you'd have like 400whp....assuming you actually match 04accord's power.

Speaking of matching his power....dyno or I call BS. No offense...

offtopic...but why do people pick on you Nupe? I've noticed it over at Azine as well
adamlee05 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 18th, 2009, 06:53 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
Well this is old news.

Everyone from their kids to their grand parents know that if you open up the exhaust system of any vehicle is beneficial. HKS, BORLA, MAGNAFLOW, APEXI, TANABE, J's Racing, Skunk2,.. etc etc etc I could name many more that make performance parts simple cause of that theory.

whoever doesn't know that opening up the flow of the exhaust system is beneficial to seek top end power is out of their mind. That's strict common sense.

Why would you go from a 2.5" P2R test pipe to a 3" cat back or even a 2.5" cat. I would go 3" all the way.

Got a ball park price on any of these P2R parts?
Sir you are speaking nothing but the truth, and I agree with you. I am running a XS Power Headers which we all know has a 2.5 collector so thats why the P2R test pipe is 2.5 to evenly meet that and then my exhuast has a transition that goes from 2.5 that meets the the pest pipe, then 3 inch all the way back. A new header with 3 inch collector should be in the works in the next month of so which will then need the test pipe to be upgraded to 3 inch also.

The test pipe is $89 http://www.powerrevextras.com/catalog/ any other custom work you might need, feel free to contact them directly.
Old May 18th, 2009, 07:03 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Accord EX-L View Post
Paul +1 P2R guy 0
Quote:

man, you get owned every where you go, dont you buddy.

Honestly I am not going to get dragged into this kind of back and forth thing. This thread subject is not "my best 1/4 time", but is about what a product has done for a car. Does it really matter who drove the car? if it means anything my best time in the car 2 weeks before this run was [email protected] different ET due to different driver but the MPH shows that the High end potential which this thread is about is still the same. Manufactures have professional drivers test cars and products all the time, so does that mean that the CEO cant advertise? I am no where near a CEO to this product but I the owner of the car and just giving a simple testimonial of what I have noticed since I drive the car everyday.

Point blank the fact is Illegal or not, I have tested a $250 high flow cat vs a $89 test pipe and the test pipe out performs it easily. Was I mad that I wasted money on the test pip? yea, but I am happy that I can come on here and share this with everyone and save you guys money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in