V2 intake replacement info needed - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:08 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to SweetMt6speed
V2 intake replacement info needed

Ok I currently have a V2 with the cone filter that came with it. I'd like to re-order a replacement filter element for it. I'm assuming that I could use one of the dry elements from them such as model# 21-205DK from AJ-USA. I know that I can just clean it but doesn't the original unit have to be 1-cleaned 2-dryed thourouly 3-then light oiled (like with K&N airfilter element spray)4- then you let it dry again then 5- re-installed. My plan is to have a backup unit so I can just change it out and go. Then when I have time I can clean out the dirty spare and get it ready for the next time I need to have the filter changed out. So really what I'm asking is What would the correct order number be for a replacement? Anyone have a place that is cheap for a replacement like AJ-USA? Thanks for your input..Craig
PS. the only marking of #'s on the current cone, seems like it's the 4.0 at the opening where it gets attached to the V2 pipe. So this marking I would assume its a 4 inch opening since that's what I measured and its 5 inches long a little more or less
SweetMt6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2009, 10:26 AM   #2
Honda Rookie

The AEM filters do not need oiled... they just need to be cleaned. AEM carries a solution, and there's even a video showing you how to clean it... doesn't require scrubbing at all. It's really quite painless.

The part number for our filter is floating around here somewhere. Search for it. I just saw it the other day. Might even be in the thread just below this one.
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:29 AM   #3
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbook4g5 View Post
The AEM filters do not need oiled... they just need to be cleaned. AEM carries a solution, and there's even a video showing you how to clean it... doesn't require scrubbing at all. It's really quite painless.

The part number for our filter is floating around here somewhere. Search for it. I just saw it the other day. Might even be in the thread just below this one.

Wait, you mean the dry filters don't need to be oiled, because I have a V1 and the filter does need to be oiled.

And I also purchased a 2nd one and pre-clean it so I can install a clean one every season.
mbr311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 20th, 2009, 10:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr311 View Post
Wait, you mean the dry filters don't need to be oiled, because I have a V1 and the filter does need to be oiled.

And I also purchased a 2nd one and pre-clean it so I can install a clean one every season.
Dont know about the filter that came with the V1 but the V2 filter does not need to be oiled.
Skeezer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:45 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to SweetMt6speed
When I got my V2 in 2004 I'm pretty sure it was oiled. I've been cleaning and oiling it ever since. I don't think they AEM had the Dry filters yet. I want the filter part number but I can't find it and keep getting signed out from this site F!
I will replace it with one of the dry filter then I think its Number 21-205DK
from AJ-uSA for $44.81 that's not bad but It'd be greaat to find it cheaper than that!
SweetMt6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:48 AM   #6
J35 6Spd

http://aempower.com/files/pdf/aem_in..._cross_ref.pdf

very bottom of the file: part 21-205DK
Kschwiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #7
Honda Rookie

Quoted from AEM's website:

"AEM’s lifetime DRYFLOW Synthetic air filter is up to 99.52% efficient in FINE DUST testing, filters dirt as small as one micron, and never needs filter oil!"

If your AEM V2 came oiled then someone had it before you. The box even has a big NO OIL sign on it....
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:55 AM   #8
J35 6Spd

Quote:
Quoted from AEM's website:

"AEM’s lifetime DRYFLOW Synthetic air filter is up to 99.52% efficient in FINE DUST testing, filters dirt as small as one micron, and never needs filter oil!"

If your AEM V2 came oiled then someone had it before you. The box even has a big NO OIL sign on it....
he said he got his in 2004.... maybe they hadnt released teh dryflow filter yet like he said? :shrug:
Kschwiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #9
Honda Rookie

Oh... I thought all the V2s had the dryflow filter... thought they came out in tandem. Guess not...
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:12 AM   #10
✔ Verified Member

Send a message via Yahoo to otsb708 Send a message via Skype™ to otsb708
Quote:
The box even has a big NO OIL sign on it....
otsb708 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:49 AM   #11
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

And BTW, on the ones that DO need to be oiled, if you overoil it can cause problems..fyi
mbr311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2009, 07:03 AM   #12

Dry flow is where it is at. After having it I will never go back to an oiled filter.
Skeezer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in