Emanage Ultimate Tech Suport - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2009, 03:14 PM   #1
Supercharged 07AV6

Emanage Ultimate Tech Suport

I've had an emanage ultimate in my 7th gen since Sept. No problems what so ever. I love the unit but have had one issue. For some reason on the tune it says IGN. Maps CH.'s 1 - 5 are incorrect, which I believe if i'm not mistaken is impossible or the car would not run fine. Upon Contacting Greddy No info that helped at all. Their diagnosis was "software updates", and they weren't positive b.c they do not even offer the harnessing kits for our cars. Any info help etc. would be appreciated from Emanage Ultimate Owners.

Thanks...
7thgencordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2009, 05:05 PM   #2
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

You will never get ignition control to work right with the EMU, greddy has been promising a fix for 2 years now, please search and you will find where myself and other memebers have pulled thier hair out trying to get this resolved with no sucess.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 31st, 2009, 07:08 PM   #3
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thgencordcoupe View Post
I've had an emanage ultimate in my 7th gen since Sept. No problems what so ever. I love the unit but have had one issue. For some reason on the tune it says IGN. Maps CH.'s 1 - 5 are incorrect, which I believe if i'm not mistaken is impossible or the car would not run fine. Upon Contacting Greddy No info that helped at all. Their diagnosis was "software updates", and they weren't positive b.c they do not even offer the harnessing kits for our cars. Any info help etc. would be appreciated from Emanage Ultimate Owners.

Thanks...
are you FI? or NA?

ive been down to greddy a few times already about this problem and they werent any help AT ALL. it has nothing to do with the software, but the way it retards/advances timing that isnt compatible with our cars.

even though it cant adjust timing, it does tune the a/f nicely IMO. i ran the same a/f tune a whole year using the EMU and never once had a problem or needed a retune, BUT the 3.0 is 10:1 compression and i was only boosting 4-5psi, so it wasnt that critical to have total control, but still would have been nice.
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 31st, 2009, 09:06 PM   #4
Supercharged 07AV6

Thanks guys appreciate it no im N/A at the moment, but am prepped every bolton ported & polished, Radiator on the way injectors and the S/C kit is all that is left thankyou for your help.
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:08 PM   #5
Supercharged 07AV6

So basically greddy is shunning us and won't be resolvig this problem any time soon huh?
Old June 1st, 2009, 02:55 AM   #6
Adventure is out there!

Send a message via AIM to littletruong
^correct, most of us have opted to go with the AEM FIC. Still working out the kinks in that but its about the only other option left..
littletruong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2009, 01:59 PM   #7
Supercharged 07AV6

Sorry i need to bring this thread back but either paul or 04 accord coupe i just need to clarify, i have had a continuing IAT / ECT CEL for on and off 2 months. Its a nightmare, and all sensors have been replaced, the connector to the iat sensor, and resistance checked, new battery terminals, everything possible to deal with this issue. I ordered the harness just incase, b.c i am going crazy, the light still comes back. My ignition timing on the freeze frame seems to be off. The emanage is my last resort of thought since i have purchased the harness already, could the ignition be messed up since i had it tuned? Could the non compatibility you spoke about in this thread be the source of my consistant problem? The only reason i think different is because i have had the emanage installed and tuned with just a catback and intake. & now im way past that point and havent had a problem until i had an install done.
Old June 13th, 2009, 03:19 PM   #8
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

Sounds like the EMU is screwing up the readings from the sensors....
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2009, 05:15 PM   #9
Supercharged 07AV6

You think so?? it has been in there for so long without an issue which is why i dont know what the problem is
Old June 14th, 2009, 09:19 PM   #10
Supercharged 07AV6

With the issue with the ignition tuning that you clarified, mean that these maps should not be tuned at all? Or the maps can be tuned, it just will detect an error when actually it runs fine? Sorry just trying to solve my issue.
Old June 14th, 2009, 11:15 PM   #11
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

i dont have any issues with running the EMU, besides not being able to use the ignition map. your going to get a flashing red light from the unit, since the unit isnt compatible with our timing sensors. just turn off the ignition map completely and the flashing light will go from red, to solid green. maybe that will solve your blinking CEL, its worth a shot
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 15th, 2009, 01:02 PM   #12
Supercharged 07AV6

I will try to do that so even with the ignition map tuned, im not really benfitting from this ? and maybe i can eliminate the light at the same time?
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:57 AM   #13
Supercharged 07AV6

Don't mean to resurrect my own thread But, I still have one error on the emu that has been bugging me.

Low Vtec Input Below 1000RPM. I have checked the jumpers numerous times all seems well. I know this is a common issue but ive yet to find a solution. Any help 04accordcoupe or NVA AV6? Still blinking red. CEL is Gone but that one error remains. (eliminated the ignition errors by following ^ previous post thanks)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in